bloomingpeony
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Korean Beauty (Skincare) - Products and Online Shops

Post by bloomingpeony »

PecanPancakes wrote:

Also, has anyone used the cushion makeup? I have YSL (way too over priced for the product wouldn't purchase again)
yes, I've used "Innisfree Water Glow Cushion" it's not bad, If you like a glowy/dewy look. Pony's makeup recommended it. it's not much coverage but does stay on for a while. I love how it has 50+ SPF. I also am in Australia, I order from beautynet too. it usually comes in like 2-3 weeks (regular shipping). they pack items well and give a lot of samples! <3 I've purchased from them around 4 times lol.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Yes Australia people!
I am looking at Soko Glam and Peach and Lily.

I have combo skin with a fairly oily t zone and one thing I worry is that cushions tend to be on the dewy side...

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

forgot wrote:I am not currently at home I am visiting someone but here is a photo of what I bought along with me.Image I also have combo skin. I am bought all except the sugar mask in Japan and I also want to find a good online store. I have almost completely converted to asian skincare. I can't speak highly enough of http://www.ratzillacosme.com/sun/biore- ... atery-gel/ ( i love her recommendations) it goes on like a dream even when you put on the 1/4 of a teaspoon it desolves fast and your face is so nice and matte you will not get oily again until you remove it, what you may has issues with is that is is full of alcohol and is chemical sunscreen. None of these things bother me at all however I can't see myself using another sunscreen ever again. I am almost out and have ordered one from ebay will let you know how that goes.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good acid toner? I am currently using an aussie brand http://www.plunketts.com.au/by-brand/jo ... 15ml-tube/ which I am really enjoying but always up for trying new things.
<3 <3 <3
first 2 are the hada labo must have of mine :) Now I'm going to try the other ones too, what's the black sugar for? I don't use acid in a toner form, I prefer gel. Paula's Choice is my go to for acids, BHA 2% gel is what I use now

forgot
Informer
Informer

Post by forgot »

I
Alka wrote:
forgot wrote:I am not currently at home I am visiting someone but here is a photo of what I bought along with me.Image I also have combo skin. I am bought all except the sugar mask in Japan and I also want to find a good online store. I have almost completely converted to asian skincare. I can't speak highly enough of http://www.ratzillacosme.com/sun/biore- ... atery-gel/ ( i love her recommendations) it goes on like a dream even when you put on the 1/4 of a teaspoon it desolves fast and your face is so nice and matte you will not get oily again until you remove it, what you may has issues with is that is is full of alcohol and is chemical sunscreen. None of these things bother me at all however I can't see myself using another sunscreen ever again. I am almost out and have ordered one from ebay will let you know how that goes.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good acid toner? I am currently using an aussie brand http://www.plunketts.com.au/by-brand/jo ... 15ml-tube/ which I am really enjoying but always up for trying new things.
<3 <3 <3
first 2 are the hada labo must have of mine :) Now I'm going to try the other ones too, what's the black sugar for? I don't use acid in a toner form, I prefer gel. Paula's Choice is my go to for acids, BHA 2% gel is what I use now
I know right the toner is heavenly, It is really some thing i have noticed my skin really gets messed up when i don't use it. I had taken a little away with me I gave what i had with me to a friend and they have super sensitive skin and she loves it as well. Anyway my skin really panicked and it got so red and even oilier then normal. The black sugar is a mask! I love how smooth my skin is after using it, i get it for $10 from a little pop up store in Ashfield Sydney. http://www.twothousandthings.com/2014/1 ... -mask.html a good examples of the photos.

I know i really worry about the alcohol in the biore sunscreen I found this review which has the ingediants for both the biore sunscreens I have http://vanityrex.com/2015/05/15/biore-u ... omparison/. I though alcohol denat was not and so was the ones in these sunscreens cause they are fatty sunscreens I thought.... help?
I really really want to try the Mizon BHA/AHA toner thank you for reminding me!

tryburch
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by tryburch »

StrawberryMilkshake wrote:Do you think that I should wear Sunscreen even thought I am black? Stupid question but I'm really curious..
yes every day, the sun nor skin cancer has no idea what ethnicity you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

[/quote]
forgot wrote:I
Alka wrote:

<3 <3 <3
I know right the toner is heavenly, It is really some thing i have noticed my skin really gets messed up when i don't use it. I had taken a little away with me I gave what i had with me to a friend and they have super sensitive skin and she loves it as well. Anyway my skin really panicked and it got so red and even oilier then normal. The black sugar is a mask! I love how smooth my skin is after using it, i get it for $10 from a little pop up store in Ashfield Sydney. http://www.twothousandthings.com/2014/1 ... -mask.html a good examples of the photos.

I know i really worry about the alcohol in the biore sunscreen I found this review which has the ingediants for both the biore sunscreens I have http://vanityrex.com/2015/05/15/biore-u ... omparison/. I though alcohol denat was not and so was the ones in these sunscreens cause they are fatty sunscreens I thought.... help?
I really really want to try the Mizon BHA/AHA toner thank you for reminding me!
I'm going to try that mask, tonymoly is a very good brand and I have used a few of their things before. I recently got seborrhoeic dermatitis and most Asian skincare is stinging my skin now, so I was using a lot of la roche-posay, but it looks like things are calming down and I started adding back in a few of my favourite things like naruko night gelly and it doesn't sting anymore

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

StrawberryMilkshake wrote:Do you think that I should wear Sunscreen even thought I am black? Stupid question but I'm really curious..
YES
That is not even a question that should be asked.

I just bought the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask and I'm so excited! Im going to use it tonight (aka right now for me)!

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I can see why the mask if quite a favourite. It definitely made my skin super plump and soft to touch.

forgot
Informer
Informer

Post by forgot »

Ohh please tell us how it went!!!

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I think my application needs to be better haha its quite a thick gel and I sort of tried to rub it int my skin rather than swipe it on in a layer.
It didnt transfer onto my pillow though and my cheeks did feel super plump in the morning. My T zone was oily as always but thats okay!

forgot
Informer
Informer

Post by forgot »

I want to try it out so badly!!!

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I'd recommend reading Snow White and the Asian Pear - its a blog and she recently did a post on where she buys her K Beauty products!
http://www.snowwhiteandtheasianpear.com/

forgot
Informer
Informer

Post by forgot »

I am already following her :D

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I'm still battling some cystic acne and persistent blackheads on my jaw line so I am a bit wary on what I should apply to my face...
Any suggestions?

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

Just read ingredients for Tony Moly black sugar mask... jeez! petrochemical and cheap ingredients galore, not even a mention of hyaluronic acid. Premium ingredients my arse... I was stupid not to check them before I bought it, now it's staring at me from my bathroom cabinet.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

onigiri815 wrote:I'm still battling some cystic acne and persistent blackheads on my jaw line so I am a bit wary on what I should apply to my face...
Any suggestions?
it's hormonal, look at your diet, try tea tree oil, does the trick for me, but when I get those I know I ate too much sugar, processed foods and dairy

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Alka wrote:
onigiri815 wrote:I'm still battling some cystic acne and persistent blackheads on my jaw line so I am a bit wary on what I should apply to my face...
Any suggestions?
it's hormonal, look at your diet, try tea tree oil, does the trick for me, but when I get those I know I ate too much sugar, processed foods and dairy
I also think its the stress from work at the moment... so doing alot of research into how to control stress and also looking at the Perricone diet.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

onigiri815 wrote:
Alka wrote:
Any suggestions?
I also think its the stress from work at the moment... so doing alot of research into how to control stress and also looking at the Perricone diet.
stress is hormonal, during stress you produce cortisol, which is a hormone, hormonal reasons are not only sex hormone related aka that time of the month

bettibulb
Informer
Informer

Post by bettibulb »

I just bought the Hadalabo washing foam some of you use! I was wondering if I should get the hyaluronic acid, my skins looking quite good and I'm afraid I can screw it up? I have combo skin, very sensitive and red patches

forgot
Informer
Informer

Post by forgot »

hyaluronic acid will really help. i have combo skin and my skin really loves it! I wish we could all get together and give each other samples. You can get it for $35 in Sydney if you are really desperate to get it asap.

Return to “Skincare”