why is everyone obsessed with......

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: why is everyone obsessed with......

Post by Tsubaki »

Naked palettes? Totally overhyped. I've always had cold feet when I go out to buy. No matter how many times I look at it, it's just too shimmery for me and the range of colours in a palette don't appeal to me. The bulky packaging puts me off too. It's great that there are alternatives out there but I realise that I'm a quad/quintet girl.

ohyourejoking
Informer
Informer

Post by ohyourejoking »

Tsubaki wrote:Naked palettes? Totally overhyped. I've always had cold feet when I go out to buy. No matter how many times I look at it, it's just too shimmery for me and the range of colours in a palette don't appeal to me. The bulky packaging puts me off too. It's great that there are alternatives out there but I realise that I'm a quad/quintet girl.
they are not worth it. i purchased one and i do not know where it's at. LOL that's how much i care for it.
But in all honesty, i hate the shimmer. it is one of my regret purchase. i think when i found it, i will either toss or give away to someone i know.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

I think I'm the only one who likes EOS lol I've been using their lip balms for years, I love them! I'm so glad I never had an allergic reaction :?

splatterwitch
Learner
Learner

Post by splatterwitch »

I don't like the EOS lip balms at all, but my mom adores them - she says they clear up cold sores incredibly fast.

I bought the $20 sponge and it was worth it to me, since it's the perfect size and shape and blends out my foundation so well. I bet there are cheaper versions that would do the job, I just haven't tried them.

bettibulb
Informer
Informer

Post by bettibulb »

Liquid lipsticks?? It looks so dry and most settle in lip lines and look crusty. It's very high maintenance too

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

I broke down and bought a real Beauty Blender from Sephora after using a knock off one for a long time. I actually can tell a huge difference in the way it blends, it isn't streaky, cakey, nothing...it makes my makeup look amazing and blends my contour sooooo well. Worth the money imo.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Contouring. I don't know what is a joke and what isn't anymore and it's gone too damn far seriously...

LynGBH
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by LynGBH »

Urban Decay has a couple of smaller, matte Naked palettes. I have one that I really like. I don't do shimmer, at all, ever. The only liquid lipstick I can abide are the Too Faced original Melted versions. I LOVE those. They aren't long wearing, but the applicator is super precise, they never dry out my lips and wear off elegantly. No inner or outer ring that you get with most. I waited years to purchase a Beautyblender, but haven't used it yet, even though it's been sitting around for months.

I don't get the hype regarding Charlotte Tilbury products. I got sucked into trying a few and they were horrible! The Matte Revolution lipstick is the worst product I've ever used. It both stung and numbed my lips at the same time, and they ended up irritated and chapped for over a week. I've never had a reaction to a cosmetic product like that. It looked like crap, too, for the three minutes I could handle having it on my lips. Sheer, with little pigmentation, and chunks of obvious glitter just doesn't work in a matte lipstick. The Magic foundation was anything but. There are drugstore products that blow it out of the water.

MajesticPopcorn
Learner
Learner

Post by MajesticPopcorn »

EOS. I got one and it didn't do shit. And they are sooo overpriced. Packaging is cute, but that is it.
Baby Lips. At first I loooved the mint one. It was my shit, but after awhile I noticed that they dried out my lips so I had to put a lot of lip balm. So I stopped. I have 4 of them and they are just laying around.
Maybelline Fit Me foundation. I see people, who love it and I dont understand it. It wouldnt last on my skin for more than 4 hours, even if I use primer and powder. And also, it looked horrible.

yellowcookiemonster
Debater
Debater

Post by yellowcookiemonster »

KVD foundation. The colour 42 is perfect and I love how matte it is, however, it stings the hell out of my skin when i try to remove it and it also separates on my skin a few seconds after application. I have tried using mattifying primers but nothing seems to stop it from separating.

Nyx. the brand in general. I've tried at least 4 or 5 of their products now and they've all been terrible. I wish we had the lip pencils here though because I've heard that they are great.

Clinique CC cream. Separated on my skin and clung to everything. :?

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

Charlotte Tilbury's new perfume....containing psychoactive properties ??? This woman is SOOOO pretentious she needs her own thread!x
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

mangotemptation99
Learner
Learner

Post by mangotemptation99 »

Nyx . I tried a lipstick and it was just meh. I also find their packaging super tacky.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

^ Agreed with the nyx lipsticks. Most of them were so greasy for me. And the lipglosses smell like rotten fruit and chemicals, blegh.

I'm also so over liquid lipsticks. I see all these instagram models doing closeups of their lips and they look sooooo lined and dry! Like yeah if you overline your lips it looks good from a distance but up close their lips look gross.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

HIgh end foundations like armani and dior ...... I've tried various samples and they oxidise on me ..... they have poor coverage (luminous silk that Jaclyn Hill swears by is horrible ) ...... and they're EXPENSIVE as hell !! I much prefer L'oreal infallible pro matte and Milani 3 in 1 ..... fantastic coverage without looking cakey for a fraction of the price. Also expensive high end powders..... when the RCMA is amazing and you can get a tub that lasts for ages for under £8 ! x
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

Qulana
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Qulana »

Girls, do you like Charlotte Tilbury Glowgasm Palette Lightgasm?

Selia11
Debater
Debater

Post by Selia11 »

Black honey sheer lipstick or lipbalm
Charlotte tilbury overpriced palettes

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”