snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jeffree Star Trash Thread

Post by snuffy777 »

He can't be this dumb?

I think it's offensive that you are somebody who believes in [veganism], and you have started to change your entire line to vegan. Well, I started my brand with all of my products vegan, and not because I personally am. It's because my following contains a lot of people that are vegan, and I did not want to not include them in being able to buy my products. I also think it's safer for the eyes and lips to have a little better ingredients, and I think that overall it was just a simple decision. I'm not trying to do anything else besides just cater to everyone.

Surely as a "cosmetic creator" he knows that vegan doesn't equal safer? :roll: Unless, of course, the ingredients are natural/plant-based, which as far as I'm aware his garbage liquid lipsticks contain nothing but synthetic chemicals (some that even rate a 4 and 6 on EWG's Skin Deep site). :roll:

pinkladyalley35
Informer
Informer

Post by pinkladyalley35 »

PentUpPinUp wrote:Everyone acting like his racial slurs 10 years ago was in the past and ~~~everyone makes mistakes ~~~. 10 years ago was 2006. Not 1906. We knew better then, if you didn't you would have addressed it head on and used your platform to explain why it was not edgy, just awful, and how much you've learned how toxic those words are.
Exactly, racism isn't okay, no matter how "in the past" it is. Maybe if he acknowledged that it was wrong and how he had learned from it, but that is clearly not the case.
I notice such a theme with him. Whenever he is threatened, or wants to tell someone off, money is always a part of it. He has "diamond rims" and you are "poor", or come at him once "our bank accounts match" which he said to Makeup by Shayla. I mean, yeah he can apologize for saying those things, but what about the fact that he thinks of them in the first place?!?! All of his Rolls Royce videos are bad enough, but he actually pauses and edits the videos to make sure everyone knows what brand of sneakers he and his boyfriend are wearing! He is so materialistic that it's beyond sad.
I am sure Kat isn't perfect, but I don't see her calling a bunch of people out and causing drama with others on social media. Jeffree Star on the other hand ALWAYS has drama and controversy going on. I think it's comical that he tried to make it seem like he and Kat haven't been close since he launched his company. Slyly trying to imply that she is jealous or threatened by his company...lol! He only had liquid lipsticks up until a few months ago and please don't even try to compare his tiny little company to that of Kat Von D Beauty! It's a complete joke. Find me one negative review of a Kat Von D product where Kat leaves threatening comments to the reviewer! The Rocky Roadkill situation told me all I needed to know about how he runs his company! Also, Kat Von D has a full cosmetics line sold in major retail stores. She also has been on TV shows, written books, and tattoos people. All of those things combined with her cosmetics income and even she isn't out spending money like Jeffree Star! Kat Von D has to have more money that him! It's just so crazy to me!

Mimikyu
Learner
Learner

Post by Mimikyu »

sotong wrote: and tbh regardless of who's right or wrong in this i don't understand why would you be ~team jeffree~ after all these receipts about what a horrible human being he is. the n-word with the -er ending and all? really? like someone on twitter said, that was 2006 and he was NOT a teen. there's no way he was saying that ignorant to its offensiveness, and the way he snaps & tweets now doesn't give me much hope that he's changed lol
He used the T slur- the most transphobic thing you could say- on Jun 19, 2016.
And Jul 3, 2016 was when he last wore a grill.

Like mmmmn he's still a mess, just not spouting antiblack slurs in public.

PentUpPinUp
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PentUpPinUp »

I really hope I didn't just watch a post rape situation :?

Everyone take caution on if you can handle seeing these videos or not.
HIIIII “ABBI” :FU:

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

PentUpPinUp wrote:
I really hope I didn't just watch a post rape situation :?

Everyone take caution on if you can handle seeing these videos or not.
my god he's so disgusting as a person. we all make mistakes and do silly things when we're in our teens but i most certainly do NOT remember using racial slurs and mocking everyone around me.

RustinCohle
Learner
Learner

Post by RustinCohle »

Takes a scammer to know one... :roll: 2k16 year of exposing!

I'm sorry but why does Kat have a benefit of the doubt and why do people turn a blind eye to all the shit she's done in the past? Just because she's labeled Jeffree as a racist doesn't mean her racism is erased and forgotten. I have several issues with her calling him out:

1) Why wait all this time? - why now Kat? What force stopped you on calling out Jeffree's behavior years ago when you were closer? Why go all the way and help a scum set up a business and give him exposure?
2) How can a neonazi call out other people on their racism? - when you're engaged to someone you hold the same/similar values as that person (moral, political, religious); and when your significant other is a known nazi supporter, well there is a chance you are too. For the people who watched Miami Ink, idk if you remember but there was always a tension between Ami (the bald one) and Kat. Ami is Jewish. Call me naive but I 100% believe that that card WAS written by Kat. When you take into consideration that ''expert'' who was hired to determine whether or not the card was fake was appointed by TLC (channel on which Miami Ink was aired) I believe it more.
3) She can excuse bullying & racism but not paying a fellow artist is where she draws the line? - LMAO, really Kat.

I'm not taking anyone's sides. While I think it's a good thing that Jeffree's going down, should we pardon Kat? I can't be the only one who noticed that both of them are incredibly vague. There's more shit going on that's waiting to emerge to surface, and that will be told by a third party. So I'll just sit, wait and let the tea simmer...

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

RustinCohle wrote:Takes a scammer to know one... :roll: 2k16 year of exposing!

I'm sorry but why does Kat have a benefit of the doubt and why do people turn a blind eye to all the shit she's done in the past? Just because she's labeled Jeffree as a racist doesn't mean her racism is erased and forgotten. I have several issues with her calling him out:
i'm not disagreeing but i think the point is that she genuinely seems sorry about the horrible things she's done/been involved in in the past, wheras jeffree seems unable to put his hands up and say he made some huge mistakes.

pinkladyalley35
Informer
Informer

Post by pinkladyalley35 »

I am not taking up for Kat at all. My post was mainly pointing out facts. Her makeup line is far bigger than Jeffree Star's. I don't see her often calling people out for drama on social media. One would think that she would make more money than him. I see nothing that Jeffree has that Kat could possibly be jealous of.
I disagree that when you are engaged to someone, you hold the same or similar values. In many cases, that is true, but not always. I have known many couples that are different faiths, political parties, etc. Kat certainly doesn't have the best taste in men and seems to jump into engagements. Thankfully, she doesn't follow through. Either way, I really do see what who Kat Von D has dated in the past and what that person said has to do with JS.
I am just thrilled that someone who knows him personally called him out and shed some light on who the real Jeffree Star is.
Also, please correct me if I am wrong. Everyone is so outraged because Kat Von D was engaged to a man who made sympathetic nazi remarks and Kat Von D didn't speak out against him? Then, people started calling her a nazi sympathizer, even for years after she broke up with him. Then, once she finds out that Jeffree Star is a racist bully, but she should sit back and say nothing? If she did learn from her past, maybe she is trying not to make the same mistake of sitting back and saying nothing when you disagree with what someone close to you is saying. Just because she and Jeffree have been friends for years, doesn't mean that she knows everything about him. I actually thought she seemed somewhat shocked and shaken by what she had recently learned about him. I realize she said she "made excuses", but I took that more as excuses for him being rude, arrogant and showy, not a racist bully! Either way,I am not a big fan of hers or her makeup line, but I am just thankful that someone put the truth about JS out there!

Delphino
Talker
Talker

Post by Delphino »

Guys, I don't know what to think.

What is Kat honestly benefiting from this? Like honestly what? She could tarnish her own brand by doing this. But Jeffree's video did seem a bit too... scripted? Like some of you already said, if they never had a problem to begin with why lawyers had to be involved? And why pay BJ if he never used his design to begin with. But honestly Jeffree, before you ask for a service I'm sure you ask first how much a design costs. I'd highly doubt he would give you any discounts for being Kats friend. It Jeffree already had a guy who does design, why wouldn't he go to him in the first place as they already had something going on from being in business for so long?

Also why would Jeffree bring up the fact that someone from Too Faced said to him that she was late and difficult to work with? That is off topic and shouldn't have been said anyway. Also after Jeffree was accused of stealing a formula, I'm quite surprised he didn't go off on a huge rant about it.

His video raises more questions..

Lady_Mary
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lady_Mary »

OOOOOH! The video is up:

No sure if this has been shared (GG broke down on me)

SomethinLikeThat
Learner
Learner

Post by SomethinLikeThat »

I'm sorry for this long ass post but I have a rant that's been building up in my colon.

I knew nothing about Jeffree Star until a few months ago, and unfortunately the more I learn, the more repugnant he becomes to me.

It's really a shame because I have a soft spot for feminine men. I find androgyny beautiful and would love nothing more than to support a flamboyantly gay man who slings cosmetics and sass, but I can't. I love makeup that is unusual and grandiose, I love Cirque Du Soleil eyeshadow and lashes like albatross wings. But I can't support Jeffree no matter how much his cheekbones shimmer in the Calabasas sun.

As a black woman it'd be foolish of me to sit by and wave a flag for a man who made a "skit" (or perhaps I should say, "social media minstrel show") involving a joke about how much more lovely light skin is than dark. To talk about throwing acid on a black woman to lighten her skin is revolting in any context, and Jeffree's resistance toward acknowledging how fucked up it is a damn shame.

Women have been horribly disfigured from cowardly, evil men throwing acid in their face, and colorism is an extremely pervasive element of racism that exists worldwide, saturating our media. Somehow Jeffree thought it'd be funny to play into it. Cute. Somehow a grown ass man thought making light of racism and violence towards women was an acceptable form of entertainment.

I tried watching his videos once and I could quickly tell how phony and ridiculous he is - I am still amazed that so many people are stuck up his ass. All this thirst and disregard of utter foolishness, and for what - liquid fucking lipsticks. There are PLENTY of other makeup brands out there, and Jeffree is far from the only one offering bright colors and cruelty-free, vegan products. Increasingly, companies have stopped testing on animals and the breadth of quality, affordable cosmetics is vast. People acting like Jeffree Star is the ONLY motherfucking option is BIZARRE to me.

What's also bizarre is how his fans don't see through him. Someone here defended Jeffree by saying it's silly to buy merchandise based on the creator's personality. I disagree with this in general, BUT, the point is that Jeffree markets HIMSELF along with his cosmetics line. He wants you to like him, he can't help but open his mouth and plaster himself everywhere. He stays trying to create a large social media audience because he wants to be a personality, not just a makeup company.

Therefore, being critical of that personality is perfectly valid and relevant. Let's not be obtuse about this, let's not act like Jeffree is some sweet, timid creature synthesizing plumes of color in a laboratory somewhere. He's a known attention whore after your coins, someone who pretends to be transparent and "real," yet is anything but. The way his fans rave him up is NUTTY. He's not loving and positive, he's not uplifting. He's a not a fucking unicorn. He's a fraudulent asshole.

He can't handle legitimate criticism of either his products or himself, and attempts to deflect and wash away ugly behavior rather than own it and genuinely apologize for it.

I'm amazed that people can look past the materialism, the narcissism, the bigotry, the unprofessionalism, the disingenuous nature of his words and social media posts. The crass, rude way he's talked to his fans. The faux, immature need to be "edgy" and "down." The lack of modesty, lack of boundaries, the hypocrisy.

I just...I cannot. Fans are getting played.

Also, Michael Jackson means a lot to me (and countless others). The other day I did a Google search of Jeffree Star and Michael Jackson to see if he had ever badmouthed/supported him and lo and behold. He (allegedly, not seen the receipts) posted a statement on Twitter following MJ's death about how he deserved to die, that it was karma.

And yet in 2008, he released a song where he covers the chorus from the Rockwell/MJ song Somebody's Watching Me for his song Starstruck. That chorus is the only reason why Jeffree's song is palatable, and Michael Jackson's vocals are why Somebody's Watching Me became a hit in the first place, why it continues to be sampled by a variety of artists.

A white man simultaneously profiting from and slandering a great black man - hm, bet that's never happened before.

Jeffree reveling in Michael's death is some truly ignorant, hateful shit that made my eyes burn with sadness and rage. Like I said, I've not seen the actual tweet but people have said he deleted it after backlash (shocker, but plenty of tweets from June 25th corroborate that he said fucked up things the day Mike died), and I also believe he likely DID say it because I know birds sing in the morning even if I'm asleep. Jeffree seems to get off on being a nasty bitch with no filter and I am glad he's being exposed.

I did find this dumb ass tweet:

[tweet][/tweet]

And Jeffree was featured on a song that also refers to Michael as a rapist. I'd say this validates whatever he deleted, but regardless, it proves how fake, ignorant and hateful he can be, how much he really doesn't give a fuck about anyone else's struggle but his own. He made this tweet in April, 2009 - which was the peak of the buzz for MJ's tour. Instead of being supportive, Jeffree decided to be a jackass instead. (Meanwhile, one of his more recent MJ tweets mentions that it's #sofuckinggood to listen to Michael Jackson on vinyl all day - yes, it is so fucking good, Jeffree. If your phony ass don't GET. >_>)

He has the audacity to talk about pettiness and hate speech directed towards himself and his eccentric nature, yet he'd fling shit on Michael. An uncommonly gentle man who used his talent to share love and beauty with the world, who gave of his wealth to underprivileged communities his whole life and without rubbing it anyone's face. A man who was mercilessly slandered and ridiculed for being different, who still acted with grace and humility in spite of it. A sensitive man whose heart was torn to shreds, culminating in his untimely death.

Jeffree Star is a class act. It is a shame when a person wants to be accepted for being unique or weird, yet can't offer the same respect to others.

Overall, I am disappointed and hurt to learn this is the person Jeffree is, the person his fans cape for and expect me to forgive and appreciate. I won't forget his ugly ways no matter how many times he tries to use Internet Windex. Each day he can construct a perfect veneer with lipstick, lashes, acrylic, and avante garde camera angles. It won't make him beautiful.

/end rant.

Mimikyu
Learner
Learner

Post by Mimikyu »

[quote="SomethinLikeThat"]
/end rant.[/quote

Two things.
One, I love you.
Two, careful! If you're too eloquent and well spoken like that, he might have to own up to his inherent hatred of black folk in face of the shocking idea that......black people can be educated?

//Ok but let's be real he's that guy.

LifeIsPeachy

Post by LifeIsPeachy »

I'm kind of over this already, he's so full of manure.

I think Jeffree missed the whole point going on and on about buisness and fame (because money is CLEARLY what matters most to him, if you think about it his whole video is about cash really), while I got the feeling from Kat's video she mostly just thinks he's a shitty person with no morals and that's why she wants to cut ties. Her distancing herself from him publicly seems to be mostly to protect her followers and make sure they don't think she's on board with his bullshit, I didn't think she came across as bitter or vindictive at all. Whether or not she's "perfect" or what she's done in the past is redundant in this situation, she does seem like a credible person but I could care less about her really, that doesn't take away from the fact that the praying mantis have repeatedly acted like soulless, racist, bullying trash. I mean, even him trying to act so composed in his video is so insincere, talking about how he's offended Kat would say he'd go off on a tangent. Someone commented on his IG couple of hours ago that he deleted tweets saying Kat never supported him, his response was "shut the fuck up, rat". Much composed, very class. We all seen you act like a rabid rat yourself over a thousand things Jeffree, don't stop now.

In my opinion he was exposed as a snake long before this, people just pay attention because it's someone famous cutting the grass.

RustinCohle
Learner
Learner

Post by RustinCohle »

First and foremost, I'm sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean to sound harsh and like I was bashing everyone that took Kat's side.
pinkladyalley35 wrote:I am not taking up for Kat at all. My post was mainly pointing out facts. Her makeup line is far bigger than Jeffree Star's. I don't see her often calling people out for drama on social media. One would think that she would make more money than him. I see nothing that Jeffree has that Kat could possibly be jealous of.
True. In fact, I think she was damaged a little by this mess, although her brand won't suffer as much as Jeffree's will.
pinkladyalley35 wrote:I disagree that when you are engaged to someone, you hold the same or similar values. In many cases, that is true, but not always. I have known many couples that are different faiths, political parties, etc. Kat certainly doesn't have the best taste in men and seems to jump into engagements. Thankfully, she doesn't follow through. Either way, I really do see what who Kat Von D has dated in the past and what that person said has to do with JS. I am just thrilled that someone who knows him personally called him out and shed some light on who the real Jeffree Star is.
I mentioned her engagement to Jesse James because he is, well, a racist. Jeffree is a racist. This is more than a coincidence.
pinkladyalley35 wrote: Just because she and Jeffree have been friends for years, doesn't mean that she knows everything about him. I actually thought she seemed somewhat shocked and shaken by what she had recently learned about him. I realize she said she "made excuses", but I took that more as excuses for him being rude, arrogant and showy, not a racist bully!
I really doubt that she wasn't aware of his vile ways. He was comfortable showcasing his racism online, why wouldn't he be comfortable sharing it in private? All those videos/comments that surfaced are from 8/9/10 years ago, while they were friends.
pinkladyalley35 wrote:Either way,I am not a big fan of hers or her makeup line, but I am just thankful that someone put the truth about JS out there!
Me too, hopefully other big influencers will follow.

cassandra16xo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cassandra16xo »

Everytime I see jeffree on his meetups with fans, all I can see is a plastic biatch like if he bumps into someone he'll be like EWWW
Like a mean girl haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takingouttrash
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by takingouttrash »

13k subs in one day? Yeah right Jeffree, totally legit. I hardly doubt your video changed peoples minds that much that they're running in droves to sub to you more than ever. Need to be less obvious.

tamtam
Informer
Informer

Post by tamtam »

I would be doomed if someone was calling me out for dating an asshole when i was younger. I used to date a total piss of shit and 10 years later i got many regrets.
But that's the difference of people who don't give a damn (like JS for example) and those who want to learn from their mistakes and get their shit together. I think KVD really want to be a better person.

Does it mean she's perfect ? No. Does it mean i like her ? No. Does it mean i'm gonna buy her products ? No (and it's not available in France anyway) but if someone is trying his best i just see it. Same goes for JS, is he wakes up someday with the motivation to be better and he's genuinely doing it i will give him props for that. I got no time for hate, for anybody. People can change but only if they want to. And Js, for now, doesnt want it.
English is not my first language :(

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

xPaperdoll wrote:
handmadedolly wrote:
kdlraa wrote: Jeffree showed receipts so he gets points for that lol
What receipts honey? partial texts and segments of conversations and claiming to have an email correspondence he never shows is not receipts.
That is better than Kat. Kat had ZERO proof at all. She didn't prove she introduced him to the lab, she didn't prove he didn't pay BJ (would've been easy to show texts from BJ for that) no proof of anything whatsoever. Honestly Kat has lied about a bunch of crap before and also carried on with a married man....can't really trust much she says. Sure, people change, but they don't go from dating a neo nazi married man 6 years ago to trustworthy morally upstanding citizen just like that. At the core, people are who they are, especially at her age.
Okay, so I have Jewish background and even I dgaf that she dated a poser neo nazi. Take a page from her book and grow up, she clearly has.

Second, Jeffree didn't show any proof either - if Kat needs to she could back all her claims up, where as with Jeffree's history I doubt he can back up his. However, Kat did introduce him to the lab whether her version or his version is true (would he have known to approach them if she didn't recommend it to him?), he evidently did not pay BJ until yesterday for the work he did (BJ is the one who told Kat about it, so how exactly did she lie?) and several times in his video and in tweets he has since deleted, Jeffree actually proved Kat correct. He's too dense to realise that he actually confirmed many of the things she said in her video and post - and clearly so are you.

takingouttrash
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by takingouttrash »

No, bought subs come in gradually so it doesn't look too obvious, but they come in so quickly that it still is obvious. People still hate him, he's still getting a lot of shit even after that video, there's no way in hell he'd get 13k subs when he's never had that much in one day ever. Maybe his decline wouldn't look so steep after his video when people change their minds or some sub to support him cause they disagree with KVD, but there's no way he'd jump back to exactly where he was in a day. No way.

His makeup isn't good anyway, his lipsticks don't dry, they transfer and they smell like fucking chemicals and I'm not sensitive to smells. I don't get why people are coming in a trash thread defending him because they hate Kat? Not everyone here loves Kat either, but it's okay for some of them to because it's not a KVD trash thread.

Return to “Jeffree Star”