Dan & Phil Part 52: Handcuffs & Videogames

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 52: Handcuffs & Videogames

Post by missemma »

I'm looking forwards to a gaming video tomorrow, but what's with this uploading a video on the same day as a liveshow? I know it'll give Phil something to talk about but I wish they'd space their content out a little so that it's more spread out that way we might not get a whole page discussing Dan mumbling in a liveshow about sticks. Dan uploaded on his liveshow day too, if they just waited a day either side then it would be nicer, that way it'll give for more discussion.
I was totally in London yesterday, in the same area as them (the restaurant area), shame I didn't get to bump into them, I could have told them if they even dare to upload a Dil video tomorrow then I shall hunt them down and feed them cheese and tomatoes because it's been almost 4 weeks since they uploaded. It could be even worse than Dil though and be another 7 Second Challenge montage - if it's that then I'm subscribing again because NO. I was looking on socialblade and for a channel that hasn't uploaded for almost a month their subscriber rate continues to increase by almost 40% and the views by 90% in the last 30 days, how? I just don't understand that.

Loving all the Brits stuff, I'm glad they're doing it again this year. I love Dan's shirt, not so much Phils. Glad Dan put those earrings back in too, they suit him so much. The photos from the restaurant are nice too, there are 2 people I don't recognise in the photos though (the girl next to Dan and the girl next to Dean), are they daily vloggers? I guess that restaurant isn't one that you'd probably vlog in anyway, they always know the nicest places to go and eat. Dan's legs in that second photo, blimey, they look slimmer than ever.
"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

ImageImageImage

felucca
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by felucca »

Since nothing's happening, please vote for the next thread name. :tu:

http://strawpoll.me/6559477

(sorry sweetmm for stealing your job, I was bored)
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by missemma »

felucca wrote:Since nothing's happening, please vote for the next thread name.

Seriously guys, the stalker and senpai one could be relevant any time, amazinglicks and holeisnotonfire ftw i miss the days when we had the dirty names, they were funny. It's about time our lovely mod Illegal got to be the author of the thread name 8-)

ImageImageImage

felucca
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by felucca »

missemma wrote:
felucca wrote:Since nothing's happening, please vote for the next thread name.

Seriously guys, the stalker and senpai one could be relevant any time, amazinglicks and holeisnotonfire ftw i miss the days when we had the dirty names, they were funny. It's about time our lovely mod Illegal got to be the author of the thread name 8-)
Lol he'll ban you if you pick the wrong one. 8-)
missemma wrote:I could have told them if they even dare to upload a Dil video tomorrow then I shall hunt them down and feed them cheese and tomatoes because it's been almost 4 weeks since they uploaded. It could be even worse than Dil though and be another 7 Second Challenge montage - if it's that then I'm subscribing again because NO. I was looking on socialblade and for a channel that hasn't uploaded for almost a month their subscriber rate continues to increase by almost 40% and the views by 90% in the last 30 days, how? I just don't understand that.
I don't get it either. I keep going on Socialblade expecting their counts to have gone down but they're doing WELL - why!? Even my boyfriend's annoyed with them now, and he only watches them every second month or so - when they upload a Dil vid and clean and redecorate his house for 10 minutes before actually doing anything in the episode. :roll: DON'T subscribe again if it's a 7 Second Challenge montage missemma, that sounds very counterproductive!
Last edited by felucca on Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

alittledizzy
Informer
Informer

Post by alittledizzy »

missemma wrote:I'm looking forwards to a gaming video tomorrow, but what's with this uploading a video on the same day as a liveshow? I know it'll give Phil something to talk about but I wish they'd space their content out a little so that it's more spread out that way we might not get a whole page discussing Dan mumbling in a liveshow about sticks. Dan uploaded on his liveshow day too, if they just waited a day either side then it would be nicer, that way it'll give for more discussion.
What, Emma? No strong opinion on Dan and his stick? Maybe we need to get Phil to come mumble about his instead...

Forreal tho, yeah, I really wish they'd space out the content. I know that youtuber fandom by far gets way more content in general than most traditional media fandoms but I definitely envy people who have the good forethought to fixate on youtubers with nice steady, regular posting schedules... Imagine how nice the week would have gone if it had been liveshow Tuesday, Dan's video Wednesday, Brits Thursday, gaming either Friday or Saturday, then Phil liveshow Sunday?

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by missemma »

felucca wrote: Lol he'll ban you if you pick the wrong one. 8-)
And if you pick the right one he might even post a little bit of Dan appreciation, you never know Image

Amazinglicks everyone, you know you wanna Image

*ahem just bringing back some D&P emojis because that was my favourite thread*
alittledizzy wrote:
What, Emma? No strong opinion on Dan and his stick? Maybe we need to get Phil to come mumble about his instead...

Imagine how nice the week would have gone if it had been liveshow Tuesday, Dan's video Wednesday, Brits Thursday, gaming either Friday or Saturday, then Phil liveshow Sunday?
If it had been about Dan and his dic.... okay I'm just gonna shush right about now.

That would have been a perfect week lbr, it certainly would have got me to stop moaning about their lack of content, if they spaced things out a bit more it would be amazing. Even when the radioshow happens it's Phil sunday, radioshow Monday, Dan Tuesday and then nothing again until Sunday usually. I know Dan does his liveshow on a Tuesday as he thinks this is the most boring day of the week for people, but a Wednesday would be so much better in terms of spacing things out - but then again they've been out so much recently (so un-relatable, smh guys) that they probably don't have time to fit it all in.
Felucca wrote: I don't get it either. I keep going on Socialblade expecting their counts to have gone down but they're doing WELL - why!? Even my boyfriend's annoyed with them now, and he only watches them every second month or so - when they upload a Dil vid and clean and redecorate his house for 10 minutes before actually doing anything in the episode. :roll: DON'T subscribe again if it's a 7 Second Challenge montage missemma, that sounds very counterproductive!
I can't work out how the channel is doing so well, are they doing some secret advertising for it that we don't know about? I re-subbed after Spooky Week because SH was SO FUCKING GOOD but seriously if they upload another montage, bye bye D&PG.

ImageImageImage

senpai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by senpai »

*Amazinglicks and Holeisnotonfire propaganda because it's wildly inappropriate and therefore I love it*

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

daphenaxa wrote:
bluecaterpillar wrote:it's an interesting selection of people in the restaurant photo... maybe they are all in some project together. i hope louise vlogged at least some of the evening but d&p don't really seem to like being filmed when they're just with friends. i can't blame them, i'd be the same.
maybe they are in a project together, but tbh it seems to me it is more Louise's close chums who live in London. Is it her bday or something?
Cayleigh arranged the surprise birthday dinner for Louise; I was quite shocked Jack Howard was not there.
Credit:amazingfiru

bluecaterpillar
Learner
Learner

Post by bluecaterpillar »

missemma wrote:*ahem just bringing back some D&P emojis because that was my favourite thread*
i loved those d&p face emoticons, they made reading through over 50 previous threads way more entertaining! they deserve to be brought back, seriously guys there's one for every occasion Image
sarcasm is the highest form of wit

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by missemma »

bluecaterpillar wrote:
i loved those d&p face emoticons, they made reading through over 50 previous threads way more entertaining! they deserve to be brought back, seriously guys there's one for every occasion Image
You're so right, there is literally one for every occasion....

ImageImageImage

alittledizzy
Informer
Informer

Post by alittledizzy »

missemma wrote:
bluecaterpillar wrote:
You're so right, there is literally one for every occasion....

I saw so many of these in my backlog reading phase but I didn't actually ever knew where they came from.

My life is changed for the better now that I can interject Dan fellating a blow up dinosaur into my posts.

Cora808
Learner
Learner

Post by Cora808 »

Hello lovelies. I've been a lurker for a while, but was looking through photos today and thought about something that I figured would be fun to share here.
Recently I met D&P and whilst meeting them, had someone taking photos of the encounter. Going through them made me laugh. A lot.
You know how Phil mentions how he has a bit of a problem with staring at people? Well, he was staring at me. Intently. In every single photo. I'd noticed it when talking to them, but thought I was imagining the not-blinking-staring-into-my-soul thing but...the photos proved it. Oh Philly, you silly git.

(apologies for the slapdash collage, it was done on my phone)

felucca
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by felucca »

sweetmm wrote:
daphenaxa wrote:
bluecaterpillar wrote:it's an interesting selection of people in the restaurant photo... maybe they are all in some project together. i hope louise vlogged at least some of the evening but d&p don't really seem to like being filmed when they're just with friends. i can't blame them, i'd be the same.
maybe they are in a project together, but tbh it seems to me it is more Louise's close chums who live in London. Is it her bday or something?
Cayleigh arranged the surprise birthday dinner for Louise; I was quite shocked Jack Howard was not there.
Louise's birthday is in April, so it must have been something else?

This is how I feel about an d&p emoji comeback. Image

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

felucca wrote:Louise's birthday is in April, so it must have been something else?
That's interesting, I wonder what they celebrated then. I haven't followed Louise for quite some time so the only thing I'm aware of is her diary; its time to be nosey on her thread ;)

So anyone managed to catch D&P at the cinemas watching that Leo/bear film?
Credit:amazingfiru

Winterbury
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Winterbury »

Wow... "amazinglicks and holeisnotonfire"... you guys have really reached a new low... *clicks vote*

To continue the video game discussion from page 36 or something:
I'm still waiting for the day Dan puts his Guild Wars 2 stanning powers to good use and makes a video about it. Idec if it's a proper playthrough (not of the entire game obviously - i'd be more than content with a fun sidequest for example) or him just talking about why his character is the coolest character ever and why he chose weapon xy instead of that other one. Having gotten into RPGs myself recently, I know how fun it can be to talk about the little world in your computer/console and unlike me, Dan has the great privilege of people actually being willing to listen to his nerd waffle. USE IT, DANIEL.

Other than that, I wholeheartedly support the stuff people have previously suggested. An Animal Crossing gaming video is long overdue tbh.

@Cora808:
awwaww those pictures are absolutely adorbs!! You're a lucky person, harr harr.
ImageImageImage

Spicyhottea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Spicyhottea »

Catching up and sorry bit too intoxicated to quote properly, but in the photo with Louise the girl next to Dan with long curly hair is Louise's step sister who's name I've forgotten. She seems lovely.

Edit: It's Tiyana.

Lurktacular
Learner
Learner

Post by Lurktacular »

Winterbury wrote:Wow... "amazinglicks and holeisnotonfire"... you guys have really reached a new low... *clicks vote*

I'm still waiting for the day Dan puts his Guild Wars 2 stanning powers to good use and makes a video about it. Idec if it's a proper playthrough (not of the entire game obviously - i'd be more than content with a fun sidequest for example) or him just talking about why his character is the coolest character ever and why he chose weapon xy instead of that other one. Having gotten into RPGs myself recently, I know how fun it can be to talk about the little world in your computer/console and unlike me, Dan has the great privilege of people actually being willing to listen to his nerd waffle. USE IT, DANIEL.

Other than that, I wholeheartedly support the stuff people have previously suggested. An Animal Crossing gaming video is long overdue tbh.

@Cora808:
I would seriously love that too. Its so fun watching someone doing something they're good at. Not to mention I usually find it hella attractive watching someone being good at something and passionate about it, be it games, music, whatever. Considering I already think Dan's a 10/10 I think I'd explode watching him play gw2.

For a similar reason I've always wanted to see him playing the drums. We've seen piano multiple times, I don't think we've ever seen him on drums? Not even the rock band ones.

And on that note... why oh why have we not seen a rock band/guitar hero vid? He says he's so good at it and enjoys it, they have a gaming channel... put two and two together and somehow you get something like Akinator and no rock band. What??

I really wish they'd stop being so picky about what they put on DAPG. I get it (to some extent) with AP and especially DINOF, they have long-standing vibes to adhere to and creativity to consider. But the gaming channel had no expectations to uphold, less creative pressure and could have been the most brilliant fuckshow of casual content and I'd have loved it.

I still do love it, I just wish there was more of it. And that Dil would take a long walk off a short cliff.
'I don't normally chase after boys, but if he's over 6ft and has good hair a bitch might just powerwalk'

Kurapika
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kurapika »

Louise, Hazel, Dean, Deppy...if Jack was there is would be perfect. And Tomska.

I'd love for them to be on Tipsy Talk, and Hazel has done one with Jack without drinking alcohol (sober speaking), so I have faith. Hopefully Hazel and Louise will at least vlog a little bit.

About DAPG, I'm still hoping for a series. Probably not happening but... Image
yes, you may call me weebtrash

sailor-moon
Informer
Informer

Post by sailor-moon »

Winterbury wrote:Wow... "amazinglicks and holeisnotonfire"... you guys have really reached a new low... *clicks vote*

@Cora808:
I would watch the shit out of dan playing gw2 and I don't see any reason for them to be so strict with their content I mean...why do they have to keep calculating everything when the channel is doing well anyway? just upload stuff you are passionate about and stop being peasants 8-)

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Pistachiyo »

Best advice they (especially Dan) could get : Do what you want to do or else you wont know the outcome. If you do a gameplay and realize no one likes it (which won't happen) just don't do another. What's the worst that can happen. Stop walking on egg shells with your channels!

Also I thought Tiyana was Louises half sibling not step sibling?

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”