Monica & Shelby Church

yellowbowl
Talker
Talker

Re: Monica & Shelby Church

Post by yellowbowl »

I haven't paid great attention about what's happening. Did they buy a place in Palm Springs? And now Morgan lives with Shelby?

cookiequeen0
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by cookiequeen0 »

I used to love Monica's videos, but lately I'm struggling to make it through her videos when she spends half the time baby talking her dog.

I fully believe she got that dog to fill her empty social void and its making her videos insufferable.

nope101
Lurker
Lurker

Post by nope101 »

I cannot with them. They bought a house, which looked totally fine - a little dated in the kitchen - but fine. Now they‘re complaining that it‘s a fixer upper and that they were deceived?

Dude. I am getting angry writing this lol. They just have crazy expensive taste and for some reason need everything to look pinterest picture perfect. If it weren‘t for their own perception of how they want it to look, this literally wouldn‘t be a fixer upper.

Ripping all the plants out? Ripping all the concrete up? None of that has to be done yet they whine about having to do it .... because they want to do it ...

tutu10
Learner
Learner

Post by tutu10 »

The house looks so bad, for people who really enjoy real estate, they made such a bad investment

KittyKax
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KittyKax »

The sellers really took advantage of the fact that they're so young and naive. But also they seemed so desperate for a Palm Springs house that they allowed themselves to be easily manipulated.

Anditgoesonn
Learner
Learner

Post by Anditgoesonn »

YIKES... Shelbys last vlog, she opens up with how much of an inconvenience it is that the workers canceled on her 1 of them saying they probably have covid, and the 2nd one saying that they had an emergency pop up because of the rain. Shelby complaining about this saying it's wasting more of her time? Like LOL girl come on how much of a privileged life do you live to complain about people who are working for you giving you real-world excuses and actual things you should be concerned about as a human being in general? She's so tone-deaf to the world that she got annoyed by that? like your life is on youtube and you probably don't hear these excuses in the youtube world but covid and a weather emergency is a huge deal to care about instead of complaining.

xiadia
Lurker
Lurker

Post by xiadia »

Shocked no one has mentioned how different Shelby looks after her surgery. Not a good looks

nope101
Lurker
Lurker

Post by nope101 »

I actually think Shelby‘s face actually looks better bc her underbite was quite ... something.
But i still think there‘s some swelling that has yet to go. Her nose seems bigger than before and the stiff lip also isn‘t very pretty.
But i think once the swelling goes - if it does - it will look better because an underbite really isn‘t a cute look

sharkbaait
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sharkbaait »

They are literally all over the place with this house thing. One day they’re over it, then oh we got a good value etc, then next video they’ll be bitching again.
The fact that Monica said their master bedroom looks like a frat clearly has never been to one.
they have incredibly high standards for such basic taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luaniko
Informer
Informer

Post by luaniko »

wow they're really struggling with designing that house, aren't they. They're spending so much money on furniture, but absolutely nothing they've bought so far goes together, and most of it isn't even midcentury modern at all. I dislike the living/dining room especially, there's too much metal, too much glass, and those uncomfortable looking couches make the whole room seem really uninviting. Keep the womb chair, keep the coffee table, throw everything else out and start over lol.

tutu10
Learner
Learner

Post by tutu10 »

The problem is that they just bought the furniture because they were on sale and didn't think if they would look good in the house. They are also too big for the house, especially the living room, in which the sofas are front facing and it's a terrible position to watch tv, and why so many rugs?
Clearly their biggest problem is that they don't plan things ahead, do things impulsively and end up wasting a lot of money.

luaniko
Informer
Informer

Post by luaniko »

Just watched Shelby's new vlog and got a bit confused, what was that other house they were at? I like that pool so much better than their own weirdly shaped one lol

nope101
Lurker
Lurker

Post by nope101 »

I seriously can‘t with them. In shelby‘s vlog she finds a bar she likes, asks monica to measure the space. The next day they drive to buy it, bring it home, it doesn‘t fit and monica just flatly says „yeah i couldn‘t find a tape measure“ ????
Like ??? How can you afford to purchase so much shit without thinking about a single thing first. As irresponsible they are with their money, they must be loaded and they don‘t deserve it

luaniko
Informer
Informer

Post by luaniko »

wow I hate how their backyard looks now with the concrete in. I think the turf especially was an awful choice, the strips are so much wider than I thought they would be and the fact that they even did a strip around the pool really accentuates its weird outdated shape.

moomin125
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by moomin125 »

I think I will unsubscribe. I used to find their content aspirational and motivating but now I'm so worn down by the house project. I've commented as have others ... 'why aren't you using a designer'. It's a first project - it's going to be super difficult. They have the money and have even partnered with Fiverr to do a couple rooms. Just based on their content I would think Fiverr wouldn't be a place to get designer help since they aren't utilising it elsewhere and would rather go out on their own and struggle. But I watched LoneFox's video on using Fiverr for designers and I was so impressed. I don't know if they just have their own ideas but even then having someone to make sense of it all is a great investment. It's an AirBnB as well - something really stylised and put together would do so well. In the last video Shelby said "it was a cheap rug only $300" especially just now that was pretty insensitive and it also all adds up. I just can't watch it anymore lol. Everyone struggles and fails sometimes and I'm sure it will be fine in the end but i'm finding it pretty frustrating to watch.

moomin125
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by moomin125 »

luaniko wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:11 pm
wow I hate how their backyard looks now with the concrete in. I think the turf especially was an awful choice, the strips are so much wider than I thought they would be and the fact that they even did a strip around the pool really accentuates its weird outdated shape.
<3 Yeah I totally agree. Some good ideas but just not the best execution. I hope they do go with the white rocks as well. I think the tan colour will be really jarring.

moomin125
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by moomin125 »

Also where is the covid safety?! I think they are seeing less people but ... not quite there. Touching their masks after wearing them, not bothering about the outside of containers etc. Thankful for a place to vent and for anyone reading lol. Feel better for it!

nope101
Lurker
Lurker

Post by nope101 »

They are making my brain hurt. In her new vlog, Shelby‘s like „we should really start getting quotes and not do stuff as quickly as possible“ like duh?
How are they not doing that already, they are so dumb

LilsMand
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by LilsMand »

moomin125 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:19 pm
Also where is the covid safety?! I think they are seeing less people but ... not quite there. Touching their masks after wearing them, not bothering about the outside of containers etc. Thankful for a place to vent and for anyone reading lol. Feel better for it!
In Shelby’s vlog they are having contractors in the house working on the kitchen and the twins can’t even be bothered to be wearing masks, at least their dad sometimes pulls up his scarf mask while the mum seems to be the only one wearing it the whole time.

Also, can they please take a break from buying furniture?!? If they continue with their day bed by the pool idea, the fire pit and the hot tube, their outdoor space will be super crowded wit just random furniture they bought on a whim

Iloveskittles
Informer
Informer

Post by Iloveskittles »

I feel like they’re squeezing every last drop out of this house project for content and it’s coming across really desperate. It’s annoying how each of them do the same content duplicated so the YT suggestions just look like a repetitive page of the same videos. I don’t think they realize they can’t both do the same content it’s overlapping and looks so thirsty. They wouldn’t hire a designer because they could only stretch that for 1-2 videos versus what they’re trying to do now with all of their “hardships”. Their dad seems level headed not sure where these 2 dimwits got it from. Unsubscribed, again...

Return to “L-O”