pink-panther
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: HeyClaire Part 2

Post by pink-panther »

Changalang wrote:
plenty of people are sandwiched between taking care of an incapacitated parent while taking care of children and having what? a job. she seems to be too flaky and spoiled to have to commit to anything full time. all i’ve seen on her snapchats is her spending time with her boyfriend. i would love to spend more time with my husband, but unfortunately we both have jobs. but who am i to judge… guess i’m just a bit jealous :(
I know that a lot of people have to take care of an incapacitated parent AND have a job AND do other things, but Claire is lucky to be wealth enough to not have to work like crazy. Dealing with a loved one being ill can be very emotionally draining, especially when you know you don't have much time left with them. If I were in her shoes and had the option to not work as much just so I could spend more time with my parent I wouldn't think twice about it. And let's be real, her mother isn't getting any better. As much as I hate that she's not putting out much content, I understand why she'd get lazy/uninspired to make videos while she's going through it.
Sorry about any grammar mistakes, english is not my first language.

ninjaduen
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ninjaduen »

Tbh, I was really hoping that her makeup collection video would be worth the wait and buildup... But I just felt massively disappointed and underwhelmed. That really took her so long? It was nothing fancy, no crazy/spectacular editing and she only showed "highlights" of her collection. I will probably stick around for an updated apartment tour before she moves, but then I'm unsubscribing. :(

kupoloofa
Informer
Informer

Post by kupoloofa »

I'll admit that the video was lackluster, but I still found it way better than most of the shit other "gurus" put out. At least Claire knows her stuff, which was fairly evident. And honestly, I would rather watch her highlights than someone like Shaanxo being like "and here are my 200 Maybelline lipsticks, aren't the colors soooo pretty??"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bittersweet1603
Learner
Learner

Post by bittersweet1603 »

i preferred the fact that she didn't go through individual drawers and show each product... however, her system seems quite useless. I feel like half of the drawers will never be opened maybe because she will not be drawn to the brand, or maybe because she will never know what is in them. And also, am i the only one who doesn't see the point of having so much broken/expired makeup?

kupoloofa
Informer
Informer

Post by kupoloofa »

It is kinda silly to keep broken/expired stuff, but I can understand where she's coming from with it. I'm a pretty sentimental person too... as an example, I've thought about selling/giving away my Naked 2 palette because I pretty much never use it, but I hold onto it because I got it when I worked at Sephora and I remember being so happy when I got it. It's mainly a pack rat thing, really :/

hanaemii
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by hanaemii »

I agree with you all. I was pretty excited when I saw on snapchat that she was editing her makeup collection video. I was expecting a long & detailed video or something great but idk, it was just "alright". Like mentioned above, it was better than other beauty gurus but I was still disappointed that she only did a highlights... and I also felt like she rushed through her collection? Idk.

I hope her other videos (apartment tour etc) will be better though.
BANNED

:hugs:

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

ninjaduen wrote:Tbh, I was really hoping that her makeup collection video would be worth the wait and buildup... But I just felt massively disappointed and underwhelmed. That really took her so long? It was nothing fancy, no crazy/spectacular editing and she only showed "highlights" of her collection. I will probably stick around for an updated apartment tour before she moves, but then I'm unsubscribing. :(
Yap I'm totally there with you! Very disappointed at her long waited video! What was that?!! :x

elsa_1993
Informer
Informer

Post by elsa_1993 »

I am still subbed to her because I hope that she will get back to her regular uploads.
I doubt we will get regular vlogs again she recently said on twitter that for personal reasons she's not doing that anymore which is understandable as she is dealing with a lot with her mom etc... I curious what direction she will take her channel.

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allsaints »

Ugh I typed a whole effing thing and it got deleted ugh! Anyways she told some viewer she doesn't feel like doing vlogs for some cryptic reason and she can't give us everything . Cause doing one commercialized video a month or snap chats cut together is so harddd.. She's lazy.. She probably wants to spend all her other time from her mother with dylan, traveling and barely working (must be nice to do much of nothing n be rewarded . Vlogs made her popular but tired of waiting for her to care. Unsubscribed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Changalang
Learner
Learner

Post by Changalang »

pink-panther wrote:
Changalang wrote:
plenty of people are sandwiched between taking care of an incapacitated parent while taking care of children and having what? a job. she seems to be too flaky and spoiled to have to commit to anything full time. all i’ve seen on her snapchats is her spending time with her boyfriend. i would love to spend more time with my husband, but unfortunately we both have jobs. but who am i to judge… guess i’m just a bit jealous :(
I know that a lot of people have to take care of an incapacitated parent AND have a job AND do other things, but Claire is lucky to be wealth enough to not have to work like crazy. Dealing with a loved one being ill can be very emotionally draining, especially when you know you don't have much time left with them. If I were in her shoes and had the option to not work as much just so I could spend more time with my parent I wouldn't think twice about it. And let's be real, her mother isn't getting any better. As much as I hate that she's not putting out much content, I understand why she'd get lazy/uninspired to make videos while she's going through it.
i would understand if she would want to spend more time with her sick mother, but she's also living the life playing around with her bf, friends, and going out to concerts and what not. in reality, she's just lazy. simple as that. it shouldn't be asking too much for her to work a few hours for a couple of days.. if even that. it's sad to see someone who has the potential to create content, but what's dragging them down is just pure laziness. go get a job, do some work, contribute to society. ya know?

chateautoro
Informer
Informer

Post by chateautoro »

^^Yes, 100%. I think when it comes down to brass tacks, she's arrogant and lazy af. Theres no doubt that in a sea of cheesy beauty youtubers, claire stands out because she has a unique pov and way of storytelling. Though this isn't saying much considering the amount of beauty guru garbage that runs rampant on the Tube. I feel like her rise to the top was so rapid and almost undeserving bc she seems to have checked out of yt a long, long time ago. Her followers fangirl over her so hard like she's the damn messiah, but the reality is that she's another dime a dozen beauty guru shilling the same ish but just in an unexpected way. She follows the beauty guru formula to a T but comes in an "edgier" package; the tattoos, the piercings, the derelict chic wardrobe, etcetc. I use the word edgier very loosely bc she's not very edgy as an individual, she just tries hard to look that way. Her tastes are straight up mainstream and don't really reflect her punk fucking rock aesthetic. In the end, she's all fluff and no substance. She's only concerned about her image and appearing different, and I don't think she's any more special than your average sugar sweet guru. She has the same shallow goals of acquiring designer bags, living in dtla, eating at sugarfish and selling out to the highest bidder. I was so disappointed when she partnered with Burberry. Burberry so doesn't suit her style, it's like the antithesis of her entire look, but hey....Claire. Haha

Yeah I get the whole bit about her mom and I feel for her. But when you take a look at her social media, it seems like she's out galavanting around town, and flying up to sf to see her man any chance she gets. Also it's been an ongoing thing since she started yt, but she still was putting in work back then bc she wasn't as big. She's gotten to a point where she'll put up a 2 minute video with some trippy editing and down tempo music, and her fans will lose their fucking shit over it and claim she's god. She doesn't even have to try anymore.

Ps. Is it just me or do her and her bf seem like an odd pair? I know they say opposites attract,
but they seem to have zero recreational compatibility. Dylan is all about road bikes and seems very outdoorsy. Claire, well...lets just say I can't picture her in biking spandex riding alongside him.

Pps. Everything I've ever purchased on Claire's recommendation, I've absolutely hated and we have such similar skin types. :(

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allsaints »

Bitchesneedarealjob wrote:^^Yes, 100%. I think when it comes down to brass tacks, she's arrogant and lazy af. Theres no doubt that in a sea of cheesy beauty youtubers, claire stands out because she has a unique pov and way of storytelling. Though this isn't saying much considering the amount of beauty guru garbage that runs rampant on the Tube. I feel like her rise to the top was so rapid and almost undeserving bc she seems to have checked out of yt a long, long time ago. Her followers fangirl over her so hard like she's the damn messiah, but the reality is that she's another dime a dozen beauty guru shilling the same ish but just in an unexpected way. She follows the beauty guru formula to a T but comes in an "edgier" package; the tattoos, the piercings, the derelict chic wardrobe, etcetc. I use the word edgier very loosely bc she's not very edgy as an individual, she just tries hard to look that way. Her tastes are straight up mainstream and don't really reflect her punk fucking rock aesthetic. In the end, she's all fluff and no substance. She's only concerned about her image and appearing different, and I don't think she's any more special than your average sugar sweet guru. She has the same shallow goals of acquiring designer bags, living in dtla, eating at sugarfish and selling out to the highest bidder. I was so disappointed when she partnered with Burberry. Burberry so doesn't suit her style, it's like the antithesis of her entire look, but hey....Claire. Haha

Yeah I get the whole bit about her mom and I feel for her. But when you take a look at her social media, it seems like she's out galavanting around town, and flying up to sf to see her man any chance she gets. Also it's been an ongoing thing since she started yt, but she still was putting in work back then bc she wasn't as big. She's gotten to a point where she'll put up a 2 minute video with some trippy editing and down tempo music, and her fans will lose their fucking shit over it and claim she's god. She doesn't even have to try anymore.

Ps. Is it just me or do her and her bf seem like an odd pair? I know they say opposites attract,
but they seem to have zero recreational compatibility. Dylan is all about road bikes and seems very outdoorsy. Claire, well...lets just say I can't picture her in biking spandex riding alongside him.

Pps. Everything I've ever purchased on Claire's recommendation, I've absolutely hated and we have such similar skin types. :(

You maybe right abiut her fake edginess.. I was shocked to see her do Nine West and Burberry because its so preppy and clean cut and she has decorated herself like the complete opposite. I was also shocked by her boyfriend. He's like a walking american eagle creature.. I thought she'd be dating a motorcycle wearing, tattoo to the gods looking, bad ass .. But I think she is a sugar sweet cupcake in a dark package and that's it.. Don't know why she chose such an edge look with no edge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

Anyone see that snap a couple of days ago where she sorted a bunch of make up out to do a 25 days of christmas giveaway? some of those piles were huge!! i'm assuming it's not sponsored because it looks like stuff she's received over time and she didn't use (maybe she did buy some stuff idk)

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

This is such an accurate and on point summary about how I feel about her also! I am so disappointed with her I think I'm u subscribing! Her snap is total bs as well! What a waste of time!

Bitchesneedarealjob wrote:^^Yes, 100%. I think when it comes down to brass tacks, she's arrogant and lazy af. Theres no doubt that in a sea of cheesy beauty youtubers, claire stands out because she has a unique pov and way of storytelling. Though this isn't saying much considering the amount of beauty guru garbage that runs rampant on the Tube. I feel like her rise to the top was so rapid and almost undeserving bc she seems to have checked out of yt a long, long time ago. Her followers fangirl over her so hard like she's the damn messiah, but the reality is that she's another dime a dozen beauty guru shilling the same ish but just in an unexpected way. She follows the beauty guru formula to a T but comes in an "edgier" package; the tattoos, the piercings, the derelict chic wardrobe, etcetc. I use the word edgier very loosely bc she's not very edgy as an individual, she just tries hard to look that way. Her tastes are straight up mainstream and don't really reflect her punk fucking rock aesthetic. In the end, she's all fluff and no substance. She's only concerned about her image and appearing different, and I don't think she's any more special than your average sugar sweet guru. She has the same shallow goals of acquiring designer bags, living in dtla, eating at sugarfish and selling out to the highest bidder. I was so disappointed when she partnered with Burberry. Burberry so doesn't suit her style, it's like the antithesis of her entire look, but hey....Claire. Haha

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allsaints »

I see she got a newer better loft. Guess her subs will get a room tour next summer or never like before lol

thischick
Learner
Learner

Post by thischick »

Wonder why she moved. The new place looks kinda boring and bland from her snaps.

luvey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luvey »

thischick wrote:Wonder why she moved. The new place looks kinda boring and bland from her snaps.

she said on twitter that they raised the rent, as one of the reasons why she is moving.

justanhonestopinion
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by justanhonestopinion »

I was one of those fans who watch her video every day, has her video played all day as a background noise, watch her vlogs over and over and over again, but the other day when she posted the makeup collection video, I posted a comment on her video and I was trying to be honest but still nice and polite. I told her that I'm saying this out of love, but I think you've lost it, Claire, please at least try, I'm not begging you to post video every day, I totally understand what you're facing right now, I just want the old Claire back. You know what happened? My comment was gone, puff, just like that.

I'm one of those people who are kinda addicted to a nice vlog, without Claire I don't know what to watch. (I know, go get a life, right?) But this morning I was browsing around Youtube and I'm now really feeling into Rachel Nguyen. She's honest, cute and with style. She was like the past-Cliare. So, bye Claire. Hi Rachel.

jimi
Informer
Informer

Post by jimi »

^ Do you watch Casey Neistat? Now that's a nice vlog. Good luck with Rachel. I barely watched her and got over her quick. YT is not her main job so she doesn't upload often. When she does though, she has this arrogance to her work. She's complained before on Casey's vlog about how bigger YTers have copied her video style and whatnot but I think she needs to get off her high horse. Like I said, she uploads infrequently and inconsistently and Rachel herself is not that interesting of a person to me.

I guess I might be the only one still sympathetic to Claire. Her heart doesn't seem to be as into YT anymore, yes. And she spends so much free time with Dylan instead of working on her projects. But I still like her. She's changed quite a bit and adapted to how YT has evolved because she understands more than most people how it's a business. I know people always say they wish YTers were like their old selves, but it's kind of irrational to think someone won't change in the span of a few years. We are always changing and experiencing new things, so I think it's fine that we don't always stay the same.

Return to “Claire Marshall”