True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Whitney Hedrick

Post by CourtneyShane »

Does anyone watch her?

She has just under 35K subscribers.

She is annoying as hell and tries so hard to be funny. She is full of information so I wish she would slow down speaking and not try to pepper her videos with so much quirk, but she loves to be sarcastic when you can tell she rehearsed that shit 900x before filming.

Ccc123000
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Whitney Hedrick

Post by Ccc123000 »

Ugh! Just found one of her videos after searching for MAC blush videos. I could not stand her for 5 minutes. Annoying as heck and I just had to turn the volume waaaay down. She just tries too hard; too much talk, and OTT personality. :roll:

kuchikopi
Informer
Informer

Post by kuchikopi »

Just watched her 2015 Favorites video....or the parts I could stomach. She talked way too fast, was too hyper, and was so annoying. Couldn't sit through the video.

Post by Guest »

Real old thread but lately I've been watching her and she's so full of shit.

smartypants
Talker
Talker

Post by smartypants »

She seems very annoyed the whole time. Unwatchable.

Kunty_Brewster
Learner
Learner

Post by Kunty_Brewster »

Omg I cannot with her. She’s so super fake looking and preaching about consumerism and trying to seem all woke. I cannot remember how I found her a while back but her recent videos are her being snarky about products.

gapil27
Learner
Learner

Post by gapil27 »

I was really looking forward to her “capsule make up” approach. Turns out it’s just shop your stash. Never went back to her video since. Felt so duped. Also we all see that chin contour and it’s distracting tbh.

Rose_Lilly
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Rose_Lilly »

Eh I enjoyed a few of her videos at first, it was a change when a youtuber was telling you not to buy more makeup but I just can't stand the way she comes across. She sounds and looks annoyed in all her videos, and sounds a bit too preachy for me. I'm on a no makeup buy myself so I wanted to watch this type of content but she just sounds so freaking pissed off all the time. And looks pissed off in her thumbnails.

FrozenLeaves
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by FrozenLeaves »

I'm reaching the same conclusions about her. I subbed to her a couple of years ago when she actually did more tutorial or just grwm type of vids. She's become annoyingly preachy lately. Seems to like to low key bash other gurus while still trying to be part of the group. Like are you in or out? You can support decreasing consumerism without coming off bitchy.

I don't know, it just seems like there's been a shift in where she's trying to take the channel. I'm noticing this kind of attitude with some other (usually smaller) beauty channels trying to virtue signal that they're NoT lIkE oThEr GuRuS yOu GuYs~!

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FFL »

Her lips bother me. They're too over filled, IMO, and look like they could burst at any minute.

smartypants
Talker
Talker

Post by smartypants »

FFL wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:56 pm
Her lips bother me. They're too over filled, IMO, and look like they could burst at any minute.
Yup. They are botched, clearly. The look like a very tightly pressed sausage.
Her videos are okay, I guess. She is less pretentious then before, but I can't get over the fact that she is a professional MUA and chose to have lips like this.

vajigglejaggle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vajigglejaggle »

her videos are informative but WAY TOO LONG and she ends up repeating herself a lot. i believe she just likes to hear herself talk and likes watching herself on camera. i get a very self-indulgent vibe.
i too just end up staring at her lips the whole time...and not in a positive way. one side looks unevenly overfilled and they stick together when she talks.

Frito Pie
Informer
Informer

Post by Frito Pie »

Agree with everyone about her lips. They look full to bursting and remind me of either sausages or something that may be kind of vulgar to say - butthole lips. Especially since she slathers them in 3 layers of lip products. The shine of the lip gloss she insists on using just adds to that impending burst look.

Something about the way she is "curating" her eyeshadow collection seems kind of weird for a low-buy channel. Not sure if she donated or gave away the palettes she already had. She's certainly free to do whatever she wants in that regard. Maybe they were too old or getting ready to expire. It just seems odd to dump them all and buy some pretty expensive MUG and Viseart palettes. She's into single shadows and says if she runs out of one she can just replace the one and not have to rebuy a whole palette that you cannot refill with singles. HOWEVER, by the time she goes through a whole shadow, the others in the set are going to be getting older. So eventually she may use up a few of the shadows, but by that time she may have to replace them all.

gapil27
Learner
Learner

Post by gapil27 »

She did a no buy for a year, introduced the “makeup capsule” to compensate not buying stuff and then proceeds to dump her entire eyeshadow collection and buy a whole new set? What in the name of weird ass behaviour is this?? Also I really cannot stand that sausage lips. It’s the only thing I can focus on in her video :barf:

velvetmuse
Talker
Talker

Post by velvetmuse »

Unsubscribing today - cannot deal with this ones attitude. So bitchy and gives off the vibe of thinking anyone who partakes in brands, products, or habits she disagrees with are not just wrong, but ill-informed, stupid sheep. Give me a break. There are better, kinder consumerist-awareness channels.

Frito Pie
Informer
Informer

Post by Frito Pie »

I watched her most recent video today because it was supposed to be an anti-haul with an emphasis on why some recent makeup marketing campaigns failed. But I'm not sure if the products she mentioned are actually failures in terms of sales or not. I was hoping she'd discuss the psychology that marketers are trying to use on you. She kind of did when discussing Becca's "No Pigment Foundation" - it's really just a primer but Becca named it something that would make people take notice. However, I already knew that.

I didn't make it to the end because of all the playing with her hair. WHY do so many of them have to do that? If it's bothering you, put it in a damn ponytail then! Pulling it forward, then pushing it back behind one ear, then lightly brushing one finger against it, then pulling it forward, then pushing it back behind one ear, then lightly brushing one finger against it, then pulling it forward.... Yeah, lady, I saw your hair already and I was not impressed.

Plus your overly inflated lips look like pieces of pale pink intestines (which is basically what sausages are), so...

Gurudodo
Learner
Learner

Post by Gurudodo »

Frito Pie wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:35 pm
I watched her most recent video today because it was supposed to be an anti-haul with an emphasis on why some recent makeup marketing campaigns failed. But I'm not sure if the products she mentioned are actually failures in terms of sales or not. I was hoping she'd discuss the psychology that marketers are trying to use on you. She kind of did when discussing Becca's "No Pigment Foundation" - it's really just a primer but Becca named it something that would make people take notice. However, I already knew that.

I didn't make it to the end because of all the playing with her hair. WHY do so many of them have to do that? If it's bothering you, put it in a damn ponytail then! Pulling it forward, then pushing it back behind one ear, then lightly brushing one finger against it, then pulling it forward, then pushing it back behind one ear, then lightly brushing one finger against it, then pulling it forward.... Yeah, lady, I saw your hair already and I was not impressed.

Plus your overly inflated lips look like pieces of pale pink intestines (which is basically what sausages are), so...
She really did play with her hair so much in this video that it was distracting. I looked at the comments to see if anyone mentioned it and several people commented on it. I actually usually enjoy Whitney, but the hair fidgeting annoyed even me.

lemon cakes
Talker
Talker

Post by lemon cakes »

I found her channel this week and have been watching her content with an ad blocker and this girl is a full on narcissist. She’s so impressed with herself. She loves to hear herself talk and loves to see herself on camera. She also thinks she’s smarter than her viewers. And her Elvis Presley lip curl thumbnails with her busted asshole lips are cringeworthy.

Seriously, this girl’s a bitch.

LittleDarkAge
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LittleDarkAge »

I found her a few weeks ago, and I gotta say, she's really helped me a few ways. I've learned new techniques but I feel like her
honesty about the industry" is a bit of a tired schtick however I've seen worse. I agree with those who say she's a too into herself and likes to hear herself talk and watch herself on the monitor. It's kind of a requirement to be a YTer at this point it feels like. I do wish she would learn how to be concise as I find myself skipping ahead to get to the meat of the video, and she's an extreme try-hard who I think tries too much to be like other personalities on YouTube. Girl you cannot sing you are not Jaime French (who is absolutely perfect, if anyone doesn't know.)

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

I just started watching her, and I feel like she’s always yelling at her viewers in her videos (literally and figuratively). I get that it’s supposed to be motivational, but it’s just obnoxious and aggressive IMO.

Also, I hate to sound overly harsh and cold...but why does she constantly bring up the fact that her mom died? In basically every video?! It’s attention-seeking and kind of inappropriate/awkward (since her content is makeup), and it ironically fuels a victim narrative. Rather selfishly, she uses it as a tool to sound deep and wounded.

Return to “U-Z”