Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Lucy Moon / meowitslucy

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

HippoFriend wrote:SHOPS ETHICALLY

[lucy moon meme]

AT ZARA

Firstly please make that a real picture :D

Also bet this is why she can't actually be that attractive to prospective brands who might want to partner up with her. She just says things to sound cool and woke af but in reality her actions don't match her words. To an extent we are all like this but this is kind of next level.

Even if she finds it hard to remember to shop ethically, you'd think Zara would stick out as a no go for someone who considers themselves to be passionate about that stuff given their recent press on workers leaving shocking notes in their clothes.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

HippoFriend wrote:SHOPS ETHICALLY

[lucy moon meme]

AT ZARA
Lmao this has to be a thing. IS VEGETARIAN...... OOH IS THAT CHORIZO?

Her back arching looked painful but I found it far more sad to see her refusing to stand with her legs together for that thigh gap. :? Every time they came close to touching you could see her awkwardly force her legs apart. She's obviously quite small but has that curve at the very top of her thighs... so what? It's sad tbh.

popcorn465
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by popcorn465 »

Zara have also been accused of stealing independent artists' work and then saying "lol we're bigger than you so no-one cares"

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/201 ... ns-fashion

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

how come on her new blog post shes got a picture of Glossier's birthday balm.com but she writes about a LUSH one?

did the lush one not fit the colour scheme or st?

why can't bloggers actually put out informative content for once without it being tainted by everyone sticking to a theme?

HippoFriend
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HippoFriend »

I just spent more time at this than her coming up with video ideas.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

Finally watched her look book... I usually like her style but except the all black look with the oversized coat I loathed every outfit. Firstly, they aren’t even suitable for winter, much less English winter; secondly, oversized blouses make her look much bigger and older than she is. And her pouty face and booty shots? You don’t have a booty, Lucy, just wide hips and thick thighs.

Tenebre
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Tenebre »

She wears winter jumpers in the summer time but then in a winter look book doesn't wear winter clothes? wtf.
My old signature was a scene from the 1980 horror movie ''Maniac''...I understand some people are sensitive to horror stuff. So I have removed it x

takenkraken
Learner
Learner

Post by takenkraken »

This new video from Hannah's channel I believe is very telling of their relationship. I love how every selfie Hannah and Lena took during the game were silly ones while Lucy had her serious 'sexy' selfie look at camera lens look in all of hers .

[video][/video]

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

Those memes are hilarious! Would you either post the blank version here or send me it in case creativity strikes me in the moment :rofl:

Why does she always look at herself when she's doing thumbnails dammit? You can see on all her recent videos. 9 times out of 10 if its got her face on it she's not looking directly at the camera to her audience, she's looking at herself.

corayam
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by corayam »

I think some of you guys are quite tough with Lucy ! Some comments made me laugh of course, but for the most critical ones : do not forget she's only 21 ! I was probably no better at that age especially regarding :
- being on the lazzy side;
- spending money on crap;
- trying to look smart/cool/edgy...
- lost in between 1000 paradoxes ... etc etc

She should probably try to turn her channel into cultural and practical aspect of London life. And then make some sponsorships with nice platforms like Audible, that's what descent youtubers do now.

I also think she's reading here so I wrote a message for her :

" DearLucy, you don't have to be someone you're not, you know what is interesting for us ?! STRUGGLING IN LONDON. Share it and try and help people in a creative way. Whats are your daily tips to survive in a big city. Everyone likes to watch a bit of struggle in a metropolis . This is something we can relate to !! Think BERLIN unofficial slogan : poor but sexy :)

VIDEOS IDEAS :

- how to survive in London on a budget;
- One week budget in London vlog;
- How to find an appartment in London;
- best London thrift shops;
- best walks in London : museum/coffee/nice streets for spring/sunny/rainy day;
- TOP 5 favourite history books;
- dope quotes from your best professors;
- how does british railways function / best passes / everything explained. (seriously im french I can't understand this system of private trains and the pricing.)
- 10 things you did not know about Egypt/Israel/Palestine/Lebanon etc...

I mean.... THERE IS SO MUCH MORE IN YOUR LIFE THAN GLOSSIER. The thing that put you apart from other youtubers wasn't makeup but your education. SO USE IT, share it and show what you're capable of !

Its okay if you're not vegan, just don't pretend you may be something you're not just to fit the trend. You're not helping the planet through food, maybe zero waiste is for you. Try it for a week and vlog about it :)

Many people here speak about you because they felt you had great potential. SO GO GIRL !!!

Best,

S."

I put a lot of budget because I find it way nicer than fucking unboxing videos.

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

HippoFriend wrote:I just spent more time at this than her coming up with video ideas.
she should employ you, lmao

also, i think she's absolutely gorgeous. like, she's got a really beautiful face *and* figure to me. i wish she'd love herself. not in the narcissistic way youtubers do but it's obvious she's self-conscious regarding her style. sad :(

thejoker999
Debater
Debater

Post by thejoker999 »

corayam wrote:I think some of you guys are quite tough with Lucy ! Some comments made me laugh of course, but for the most critical ones : do not forget she's only 21 ! I was probably no better at that age especially regarding :
- being on the lazzy side;
- spending money on crap;
- trying to look smart/cool/edgy...
- lost in between 1000 paradoxes ... etc etc

She should probably try to turn her channel into cultural and practical aspect of London life. And then make some sponsorships with nice platforms like Audible, that's what descent youtubers do now.

I also think she's reading here so I wrote a message for her :

" DearLucy, you don't have to be someone you're not, you know what is interesting for us ?! STRUGGLING IN LONDON. Share it and try and help people in a creative way. Whats are your daily tips to survive in a big city. Everyone likes to watch a bit of struggle in a metropolis . This is something we can relate to !! Think BERLIN unofficial slogan : poor but sexy :)

VIDEOS IDEAS :

- how to survive in London on a budget;
- One week budget in London vlog;
- How to find an appartment in London;
- best London thrift shops;
- best walks in London : museum/coffee/nice streets for spring/sunny/rainy day;
- TOP 5 favourite history books;
- dope quotes from your best professors;
- how does british railways function / best passes / everything explained. (seriously im french I can't understand this system of private trains and the pricing.)
- 10 things you did not know about Egypt/Israel/Palestine/Lebanon etc...

I mean.... THERE IS SO MUCH MORE IN YOUR LIFE THAN GLOSSIER. The thing that put you apart from other youtubers wasn't makeup but your education. SO USE IT, share it and show what you're capable of !

Its okay if you're not vegan, just don't pretend you may be something you're not just to fit the trend. You're not helping the planet through food, maybe zero waiste is for you. Try it for a week and vlog about it :)

Many people here speak about you because they felt you had great potential. SO GO GIRL !!!

Best,

S."

I put a lot of budget because I find it way nicer than fucking unboxing videos.
Actually, she's 22, almost 23 in February...

imbored_78
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by imbored_78 »

i wonder what her excuse will be for failing vlogmas
English is not my first language

Monster_Guru33
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Monster_Guru33 »

1. Creatively Out Of Breath
2. Got Dumped. Depressed
3. But I did do Vlogmas. See, look.
4. Drinking again due to breaking all her list of things to do before 30 crap
5. "Creatively" stagnating
6. Went to New York and forogt all about it because, New York!!!
7. Its Christmas, get off my back.
8. Catching up on all the banging book clubs I haven't finished yet (I.E. All of them)
9. Seeing the new Star Wars film again. Did I mention I've loved Star Wars since I was a newborn
10. What's Vlogmas? :?

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aaa123 »

lmao lucy retweeted something that read “Snobby people annoy me. But film and music snobs infuriate me. What people like, NEWSFLASH, isn't down to your opinions.”. meanwhile, wasn’t last week’s blog post from her the epitome of music snobbery?? she really just thrives on being hypocritical and condescending doesn’t she.

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

aaa123 wrote:lmao lucy retweeted something that read “Snobby people annoy me. But film and music snobs infuriate me. What people like, NEWSFLASH, isn't down to your opinions.”. meanwhile, wasn’t last week’s blog post from her the epitome of music snobbery?? she really just thrives on being hypocritical and condescending doesn’t she.
Hoooly fuck. She needs to take a good long look in the mirror because she really can't and shouldn't be saying that. That blog post was legit insulting. She shames other people for liking what they like. It's a fact that taylor is super popular amongst women and young girls and it feels very gross of her to merely take issue with taylor's music because it's not ~indie~ and unknown enough for her to enjoy. Let people enjoy what they want to, you douche.

fuckedoff
Informer
Informer

Post by fuckedoff »

takenkraken wrote:This new video from Hannah's channel I believe is very telling of their relationship. I love how every selfie Hannah and Lena took during the game were silly ones while Lucy had her serious 'sexy' selfie look at camera lens look in all of hers .

[video][/video]
so cringe :oops:
I love Hannah and Leena but I can't watch the BBC videos because of how cringe Lucy is in them

liz72
Talker
Talker

Post by liz72 »

I just got around to watching her look book and omg she really did go way out of her way to stick her bum out it looked so awkward and forced I can't believe I saw so many "body goalzzzz" comments.

StrawberryBanana76
Learner
Learner

Post by StrawberryBanana76 »

I don't mind Youtubers doing sponsored videos but that phone sponsor seemed so just thrown in there? Kiera Rose did a really nice one with that phone, showing the dual camera in action etc.

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

so the only place she disclosed the ad was on screen while talking about it...

I know the "rules" are mainly guidelines set out by the ASA and that it leaves room for many loopholes, but the point of disclosing when something is sponsored is because people might not want to even WATCH an ad Lucy. By not even putting in the description box that a section of the video is paid for she is completely misleading her viewers.

Not to mention, If I were Nokia, I'd be thinking why the hell did she throw us quickly at the beginning of a sub par video?

Quite a bit of what she showed would potentially need to be ordered online, thus it's less of a last minute gift guide and more of a belated gift guide :roll:

She also really shot herself in the foot with this video in terms of viewer reach (which she is definitely interested in increasing or she wouldn't constantly go on about growth and stagnation)

This video is only relevant for 2 more days. If that. She's posted a video that only current subbies will watch because they like her and the odd person who desperately needs present ideas will watch it for about 10 seconds then realise there's an ad in there and click off. Oh boy I would love to see the analytics of that video after a week.

Return to “Lucy Moon”