Eating healthy on a budget

Amanda89
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Eating healthy on a budget

Post by Amanda89 »

Can anyone recommend good websites to follow to maintain a healthy diet, but without costing a small fortune for ingredients? I've been following Niomi Smarts vlogs and blog with great interest, but she buys quite high brand products which just isn't in my price range right now

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Eating healthy on a budget

Post by imnotfatimbigboned »

Hi! I use Pinterest faithfully for recipes, snack ideas and weight loss tips! I also use Fitness Pal to keep track of everything. You don't need to pay any special websites to get decent recipe ideas or weight loss tips. Remember its a lifestyle change not just a diet, so what you do has to be realistic and something you can afford in the long run. On youtube for free I also follow Blogilates, Fitness Blender and Lean Secrets. Try to replace your veggies and fruits with organic and try to avoid GMO products. Shop at Trader Joes, Sprouts or Whole Foods. Try to find your local Farmer's Market for reasonable produce. I follow 1200 calorie meal plans and those are for free on google. Replace with what suits your lifestyle accordingly. Remember switch to water and drink plenty. I have used Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers and diet pills in the past and found this has been the most sensible thing to do that doesn't hurt the bank too bad. I hope this helps. If it didn't answer your question, so sorry.

Eastsiderider
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Eastsiderider »

My advice would be to just wipe out the unhealthy things from your diet and only buy healthy stuff, it's easy to stay on track when you just don't buy anything you're not supposed to eat. If you know in general what you should eat and what you shouldn't, then just keep with it. I don't think dieting or a lifestyle change means that you have to give up on the things you enjoy, just find a better equivalents to them. I mean why would you eat gummy bears that taste like berries and fruit when you can eat the actual things? Why would you buy barbecue chips if you can eat lean chicken breast in BBQ seasoning as a meal? You get the point ;)

Things to change for example:
Less fat more sugar-type of products - buy the regular one, it keeps the hunger away more efficiently plus no sugar
Processed meats, cheeses - buy only lean meat and if you grave cheese buy a wedge of the real thing as a treat. Or settle for mozzarella and feta.
Sodas, both diet and regular - both can cause a spike in your insuline production, change it up to flavoured water or vichy
Cheap margarine - cold pressed extra virgin olive oil for cooking and for bread oil+butter mixture, if you don't like the oil as it is
Fried foods - you can prepare the same dish in the oven.
Refined wheat products - Change it to whole wheat, oat, rye etc. equivalent. Fibers fill you up.
White rice etc. - just opt for the brown, whole grain one

Construct your meals so that you have lots of veggies in every meal, a source of protein and slow energy releasing carbs. Keep healthy snacks at hand, such as fruit, veggie sticks and dip, vegetable soup, (and if you have products like low fat, no sugar quarks and cottage cheese, etc.), salads... As suggested pinterest is really useful and keeps you motivated since all the pictures of the healthy food look so delicious lol... If you want to lose weight don't go crash dieting, imo to go from 1800-2500 to 1200 is too harsh and I don't think the percentage to succeed is too high on that kind of change. You can use this: http://www.caloriecount.com/tools/calories-goal to figure out what your calorie need is. A healthy losing rate is 0,5-1kg a week, faster that that usually unsustainable. But note that at first you might lose water weight. Just go slow, be forgiving to yourself; you don't need to get on your fitness and diet on the same day and be perfect from the beginning. Don't be afraid to fail, if one day goes to shit then try again the next day. It's going to need adjustments and you'll eventually find a good balance where you feel good and achieve your goals. Good luck :tu:

Ahdkwo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Ahdkwo »

100% Pinterest

Itiswhatitisxo
Learner
Learner

Post by Itiswhatitisxo »

:D

traciss
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by traciss »

Pinterest has been helpful with my weight loss goal

Libby_UK
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Libby_UK »

Have you tried Joe Wicks cook book? Also Jamie Oliver's quick and easy book is pretty good.

gymkat13
Lurker
Lurker

Post by gymkat13 »

Budget Bytes is awesome because she breaks down the price of every recipe, and she has vegetarian and vegan sections.

Serto213
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Serto213 »

Candycrush wrote:Have you tried Joe Wicks cook book? Also Jamie Oliver's quick and easy book is pretty good.
Read the book now to sozhedeniyu not fashionable! All pay attention to the Internet ((

Jokusarlon
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Jokusarlon »

Pinterest for sure!

Return to “Diet”