Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Going Gluten-free

Post by Sonia »

frigidbitch wrote:
Decayedbeauty wrote:
Alka wrote:Mercola is known to be quite extreme though, so double check the info, he claims magnesium stearate is a poison, but none of the other site share the view and there's no studies to support it.
according to him pooping is probably bad for us.
I'll assume you are being facetious. Especially since he's all about a proper colon cleanse :)

But in reality, he's right. Hardly anything in our food supply is truly safe for consumption. They genetically modify a majority of the crops in America.... those GM crops produce their own pesticides that continue to produce inside your body, and they are now finding those pesticides in the blood of newborn children, so it's transferring farther than they ever anticipated. Then all of the preservatives, dyes and additives and it doesn't take long to realize that our food supply is literally killing us. Cancer rates are up 200% since the 70s... which is when they started introducing GM crops. Coincidence? I think not.

Why do you think so much of our food supply is banned in other countries? Because they have socialized medicine and have to pay to care for their sick. In america, health care is a billion dollar industry. They don't want us healthy, they want us dependent on their drugs and their care.

I encourage everyone to take the time and REALLY research what's in your food (especially if you eat processed foods) and what those foods do to your body.
I agree GM foods are bad, but saying GMOs=cancer is being a bit dramatic. There are tons of factors that go into cancer - environmental conditions and non-food products play a huge role. Cancer rates are up, but so is life expectancy.. I don't believe either is directly correlated to whether a person eats processed/genetically modified food. What we eat obviously impacts our health to a certain degree, but there are other considerations as well.

Bunny

Post by Bunny »

frigidbitch wrote:
Decayedbeauty wrote:
Alka wrote:Mercola is known to be quite extreme though, so double check the info, he claims magnesium stearate is a poison, but none of the other site share the view and there's no studies to support it.
I'll assume you are being facetious. Especially since he's all about a proper colon cleanse :)

But in reality, he's right. Hardly anything in our food supply is truly safe for consumption. They genetically modify a majority of the crops in America.... those GM crops produce their own pesticides that continue to produce inside your body, and they are now finding those pesticides in the blood of newborn children, so it's transferring farther than they ever anticipated. Then all of the preservatives, dyes and additives and it doesn't take long to realize that our food supply is literally killing us. Cancer rates are up 200% since the 70s... which is when they started introducing GM crops. Coincidence? I think not.

Why do you think so much of our food supply is banned in other countries? Because they have socialized medicine and have to pay to care for their sick. In america, health care is a billion dollar industry. They don't want us healthy, they want us dependent on their drugs and their care.

I encourage everyone to take the time and REALLY research what's in your food (especially if you eat processed foods) and what those foods do to your body.
100% agree. My mother researched for years about this subject and it's almost like she's talking through your post, haha.

Decayedbeauty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Decayedbeauty »

Oh I am site gmos arent good for consumption and I know in other cpuntries they are illegal and farms here in the us are almost forced to grow them to make a living. But even if you buy gmo free they cant promise its 100% gmo free becquse often gm crops are within range of nongmo so theres risk of cross contamination.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

actually most corn in US is GM now, as the GM pollen has travelled from Mexico and fertilised non GM corn in US, they can't really control it as it's spread by wind and insects, the same goes to rapeseed, soy beans, wheat has genetically mutated so have cows (look up A1 milk vs A2)

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

frigidbitch wrote:
Decayedbeauty wrote:

would be great if you could provide some evidence for the pesticides in new born babies, would help a lot trying to convince the other half organic is the way forward ;)

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

It depends what brand and kind of vegan cheese you get. I don't like rice milk cheese because I find it dry, but soy cheese is good. I like the slices and the blocks, but if you get the shredded one, the only one I have found to like is Daiya so far.

anyway
I considered going gluten-free but my diet is already so restricted that idk what i'd be able to eat short of fruits and veggies if I was also staying clear of gluten. I just limit myself to one grain carb (like bread, potatoes (though it's not a grain, it makes sense in my head), pasta, rice, etc.) a day because I totally had the same problem of eating tooooooo many carbs it got ridiculous.
imma ball til the day i fall

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Gluten-Free

Post by Diorette »

My dad is allergic to gluten and he lost about 10 kg when he stopped eating it, I'm not but I have mixed feelings about it, on one side I've heard people saying that you can lose weight cutting gluten (like Miley Cyrus) and on the other, some people say that unless you're allergic to it, cutting it won't do anything to you.

So, what's your opinion?

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Gluten-Free

Post by Angie V »

The people I know who are allergic haven't lost any weight cutting it out... I think it's a medical condition, not a way to lose weight.

Miley Cyrus lost weight because she has been doing pilates every day.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Angie V wrote:The people I know who are allergic haven't lost any weight cutting it out... I think it's a medical condition, not a way to lose weight.

Maybe it was because he ate healthier, I don't know much about it tbh, I'm very confused haha.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

Diorette wrote:
Angie V wrote:The people I know who are allergic haven't lost any weight cutting it out... I think it's a medical condition, not a way to lose weight.

Maybe it was because he ate healthier, I don't know much about it tbh, I'm very confused haha.
Maybe. It probably just depends on the person. Both girls I know are very much overweight and avoiding gluten did not change their weight whatsoever.

Bunny

Post by Bunny »

I lose weight in my face and hips when I cut it out, if that says anything. I rarely exercise as well so I guess cutting out gluten contributed?

Gluten sticks to the walls of your intestines so cutting it out would actually benefit people who are non-allergic.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

The reality is, weight loss comes to calories in, calories out. Gluten is usually found in high-calorie, processed food.

I think, these days, most of us have a sensitivity to gluten to one degree or another.

I notice, when I eat gluten, my sinuses get seriously congested and I get brain fog. When I don't eat it, I have to eat something else, and that something else is fruits and veggies (which are lower in calories) and I feel so much better and have more mental clarity.

Decayedbeauty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Decayedbeauty »

It depends on what you eat to replace gluten, usually if you buy something that is labeled gluten-free it has more sugar than it's gluten-containing counterpart so you could actually gain weight from a processed gluten-free diet if you are not allergic to gluten. So I wouldn't go gluten-free for a weightloss if you're not allergic. There's simply no point if it causes you no ill-effects.

artlovemoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by artlovemoney »

Jumping on the bandwagon.

If the person doesn't have celiac disease or a mild sensitivity to gluten, its rather pointless to cut it out.

hellotimebomb
Lurker
Lurker

Post by hellotimebomb »

I'm allergic to gluten, eat primal and for me I've lost weight and feel so much better. I also know people who go primal and/or cut out food with gluten for reasons other than intolerances and they too have lost weight (if they needed to).

Any diet, good or bad, can result in pounds lost when consuming less calories than required to maintain your current weight. You can avoid gluten but eat a crap tonne of calories in other food and maintain or gain weight. It's like when people think automatically being vegan makes you healthy, when in reality you can be having a salad drenched in a processed high calorie dressing that can be just as bad as eating a conventionally raised fatty piece of steak.

If you want to go GF or adapt any other diet, go for it. However, pay attention to what you eat always . You won't be doing yourself any favours sitting on the couch every night with a bag of chips and large bottle of coke but being anal about meat, dairy and gluten ;)

kaysagossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kaysagossiper »

Gluten is in A LOT of things, and those things are usually bad for you. Cutting out gluten forces you to fill your diet with other things, and for me those other things were fruits and veggies. So a gluten-free lifestyle is very good for you. I got the idea from a girl I went to high school with who had been extremely gluten intolerant her entire life, to the point where it was life threatening if she accidentally consumed it. And I noticed that if we went out to eat, her only option was usually a salad. It just forces you to eat healthy.

ikeepitrealok
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ikeepitrealok »

I actually want to try gluten free baked goods because I hear they're healthier for you and made with spelt and all kinds of multigrains

highhappyfree
Learner
Learner

Post by highhappyfree »

Once I was diagnosed with severe gluten intolerance I lost about a stone and a half (21lbs) because gluten is in pretty much everything processed so it forced me to eat clean. But GF substitutes are surprisingly fattening (and insanely expensive!). Just eat clean if you want to loose weight, small amounts of gluten is fine if you have no issue with it!

SingMeToSleep
Learner
Learner

Post by SingMeToSleep »

I've been gluten free for four years now due to an intolerance and I think I gained weight from it. I think that if you become gluten free and then eat GF bagels, frozen waffles, crackers, basically anything specially made to be gluten free on everyday you will most definitely gain weight. I don't eat that stuff anymore, but I wish I knew that when I became GF originally. GF things tend to be high in fat and calories. You can find things that aren't fattening, you just have to look hard for it. There are a lot more things like this out now then there was four years ago. You shouldn't be gf if you don't have a reason to be. A lot of people are allergic to gluten who don't realize it. It also tends to be genetic, that's how I found out I had an intolerance.

EstherIngram
Informer
Informer

Post by EstherIngram »

I am not particularly allergic to gluten by my naturopath advised me to avoid eating too much gluten (among other things). I've got to say that this diet has made me lose more weight than I'm comfortable with. The fact that these restrictions make it hard for me to find food so i just give up can also be the reason...lol

Return to “Diet”