Comic Book Series "HELIOS : FEMINA"

Cinnamon_Dulce
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Comic Book Series "HELIOS : FEMINA"

Post by Cinnamon_Dulce »

Calling it now: The next comic will come out the very last Sunday of November, or it gets pushed back to December

Cinnamon_Dulce
Talker
Talker

Post by Cinnamon_Dulce »

Welp, new chapter is up

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

New chapter is up, Kazu has an opposite sex alternate reality double named Zuka. Much creative. Totally groundbreaking.

The dialogue is trite pseudo-spiritual crap. Example: "Don't just fight with the sword... be the sword."

ERMAHGERD, MUCH PROFOUND.

I am still annoyed that Ash's rapey plotline is not treated with severity. Like, fuck, Michelle, he tried to rape your main character. Is there no justice for that?

And to no one's surprise, Ash's opposite aka Princess Sah is an asshole.

Still no plot line progress. :roll:

Post by Guest »

What really gets me is Michelle/her team uses existing landscapes and renders the shit out of them :x

atropos
Debater
Debater

Post by atropos »

why doesn't Zuka get face tattoos? would it make her not 'pretty' enough to be a woman in Michelle's comic?

this comic is such a bore. we know Rey will heal Zuka (am I supposed to care about her at all? because I really don't) and probably kick the princess's ass with her cool new sword she's suddenly a master of. and then she'll probably learn something deep about herself and go home. I can barely even hate-read this shit anymore

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

This comic went from Amateur hour to SVU rapist and onto filler material. SO much filler material.

I think she doesn't know how to bring the story to a conclusion. I admit, in writing, I have trouble doing so. It's hard to bring multiple story lines to a close. But she has more advantages than most people in terms of resources to access multiple forms of education. She could have taken a writing class, but as always, she's perfect, she doesn't need help.

Dismal_bismuth
Learner
Learner

Post by Dismal_bismuth »

What does this training b-plot have to do with the main story though? Michelle's been focusing on this whole gender bent training AU but here's the thing: THIS ALREADY HAPPENED! Right now, Rhea is back with her mum and everyone else and she's basically recounting all of this - and for what? The actual fight scene with Ash during the party was PISS WEAK - she shot an arrow, made some bad puns and then they left! She didn't even use anything that she learnt during her long ass training which was basically philosophical bullshit and sword making!

The fight with the dragon even seemed so anticlimactic. Like she jumped around, jabbed it where Arret said to and then boom = dead dragon. It's not even surprising that Princess Sah was evil; if she's supposed to be Ash's counterpart in Rhea's subconscious (because remember, that's where all of this is taking place!), then of course she's not going to be so innocent.

But the thing is, how does any of this add up to her being the light warrior songstress? What does this have to do with alchemy? Where does her being from Zeru fit into this? How does this relate to the actual fucking story omgggggggg. I mean just by the way this whole b-plot it's more like z-plot at this point since's she gone off on so many tangents ~but that's none of my business~ is going, it's looks like it's going to focus on Sah's betrayal and all that , but then what? What happens next outside of Rhea's subconscious?

Reading this makes it extremely obvious that nothing was planned out and that plot details were an afterthought. Michelle basically prioritised bad puns and jokes, aesthetic (lol) characters and all that philosophy bullshit that she's into instead of the actual story. I mean just look at the way it's progressing - none of it makes sense and literally anyone can point out it's major flaws. A lot of what she's writing about in the recent chapters doesn't even fall in line with what she's written previously!! It's just so frustrating and exhausting to try and make sense of this damn comic.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

How many chapters left, guys? Who's keeping track?

atropos
Debater
Debater

Post by atropos »

Trololol wrote:How many chapters left, guys? Who's keeping track?
I thought she already fulfilled her 26-chapter contract so who knows anymore

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

atropos wrote:
Trololol wrote:How many chapters left, guys? Who's keeping track?
I thought she already fulfilled her 26-chapter contract so who knows anymore
At this point, I'm not sure how the story will conclude. There are so many unnecessary elements in her story that leaves open questions.

Dismal_bismuth
Learner
Learner

Post by Dismal_bismuth »

So she had a heart to heart with Zuka and then she chose 'the word' and then she went back to being Rhea. She saw her parents before they died and she learned that her real name is Aurella Oriana (sorry !spoiler! jk). Rhea was all like "How could I forget?" and I'm all like "it's totally realistic for you not to know cause you were baby and were renamed Rhea as soon as you were discovered ahhhh", but hey what do I know?

From the way it's being written, Michelle is making it seem like what's going on in Rhea's subconscious is actually an alternate universe or her past life or whatever. Apparently by choosing the word she became a child of light? Whatever the fuck the word is. It's stupid, that's all I'll say. I don't get how she suddenly went from being Rey to being Rhea again, and why she was shown her parents. Answers, what are they?!

People were saying that this chapter was really emotional for them, but I just can't - I think I hate the story too much to even pretend that I have feelings for these characters. That bit where Zuka was saying that she was fine and being emotionally distant an Rey said "When a girl says she's fine, deep down she's only pretending to be okay" was SUCH A CLICHE. Like, way to play into stereotypes bro. I just can't with this.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Dismal_bismuth wrote:So she had a heart to heart with Zuka and then she chose 'the word' and then she went back to being Rhea. She saw her parents before they died and she learned that her real name is Aurella Oriana (sorry !spoiler! jk). Rhea was all like "How could I forget?" and I'm all like "it's totally realistic for you not to know cause you were baby and were renamed Rhea as soon as you were discovered ahhhh", but hey what do I know?

From the way it's being written, Michelle is making it seem like what's going on in Rhea's subconscious is actually an alternate universe or her past life or whatever. Apparently by choosing the word she became a child of light? Whatever the fuck the word is. It's stupid, that's all I'll say. I don't get how she suddenly went from being Rey to being Rhea again, and why she was shown her parents. Answers, what are they?!

People were saying that this chapter was really emotional for them, but I just can't - I think I hate the story too much to even pretend that I have feelings for these characters. That bit where Zuka was saying that she was fine and being emotionally distant an Rey said "When a girl says she's fine, deep down she's only pretending to be okay" was SUCH A CLICHE. Like, way to play into stereotypes bro. I just can't with this.
I'm gagging. This chapter was a shit load of WTFs. Cliches, non-stories, and pre-teen bait. That is the bulk of this comic.

+Sumii+
Learner
Learner

Post by +Sumii+ »

New chapter is finally up. All the people commenting on how good it is and how it is the best WEBTOON they read so far must be blind. She didn't show how Rey fell in love with Zuka but suddenly Rey loves her and promised to find her again. The whole enchantress thing at the end felt like a last minute decision to make the story tie together. Honestly, the enchantress is pretty pointless. The story would have been better if Michelle just started the story with Rey and Zuka past so that we could see and feel their love and connection instead of the whole attack on the planet Zeru. I don't feel like Rey and Zuka has any deep emotion for each other and because of that, I don't care that they finally found each other on Earth.

Also, the arts seems to get lazier and lazier each chapter. Next time, finish the story first before turning it into a comic Michelle. It is just all over the place and some parts and characters are really not needed. I would suggest taking a class on characters developments, too since there is none in this webtoon.

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

How anyone can say this is the best Webtoon they've ever read is beyond me. :o :( :? The non-story story is so all over the place and has been since the beginning. If the art wasn't "aesthetic" turquoise, pink and purply galaxy/universe tumblr-esque I HIGHLY doubt anyone would even still be reading it. As inconsistent and downright bad (at times) the art has been, I think the *only* thing keeping this POS comic afloat is the bright, "pretty" coloring. That, and the music.

atropos
Debater
Debater

Post by atropos »

I'm absolutely pissed at her using self harm as some deep philosophical bullshit for her shitty comic. fuck you michelle and fuck your awful story

+Sumii+
Learner
Learner

Post by +Sumii+ »

Once again, she decided to upload on a different day without any explanation or apology to her readers.

She moved the update to Tuesday. Seriously, this is not art school anymore where you can slack off and not meet your deadline. Michelle is not a professional artist at all.

Dismal_bismuth
Learner
Learner

Post by Dismal_bismuth »

It's already Wednesday and she still hasn't uploaded. She already delayed uploading the chapter and she's still late :roll:

+Sumii+
Learner
Learner

Post by +Sumii+ »

The art changed again in this new chapter. None of the characters look like themselves and the coloring is awful. Too much dark brown everywhere. Maybe Michelle changed artists? Maybe that's why she took the one month break and still can't upload on time?

Anyhow, I didn't get this chapter and I find the ending to be so cliche. I can understand Rhea wanting to kiss Kazu, but I can't understand Kazu wanting to kiss Rhea. There was nothing in the past chapters that said he is interested in her. I would believe it a lot more if he kiss Terra. I think if Michelle were to make it that Kazu remembers the past, the kissing between Kazu and Rhea would have made more sense and not so random. Anyhow, the whole transforming and flying off is just so cheesy....still, that would have been a good ending for this comic (even though not everything is solved yet ). It feels like the end. Is it the end? I wouldn't be surprised if it is

Dismal_bismuth
Learner
Learner

Post by Dismal_bismuth »

so... word + sound = song = language of light? <--- WHAT

Anyway I like how she completely glosses over what happens in her subconscious by saying that Rhea is tired. It's possible that she'll go back to it at some point (I'd rather she didn't) in a later chapter, but I personally don't see the point. I'd rather she just finish the story instead; that is, if she even knows how to finish the story. As was expected, Rhea and Kazu kissed, because true love~

One positive thing I will say is that the art isn't half bad in some panels for this chapter. Obviously some are in the usual style of half done, shabbily coloured with wonky line work, but some panels like this one don't even look like it's from the same comic. ~consistency~
Overall however, I realised what I dislike about the art: it's all too stiff. It lacks movement and doesn't seem dynamic whatsoever, which is a shame given the action scenes that she's incorporated.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Oh my God, Rhea is a narcissist. She storms away when Kazu says he prefers his own company, and he grabs her wrist saying he prefers the RIGHT company? Dafuq?

I swear, this entire comic was made with the singular purpose of immortalizing her and her boyfriend as comic characters, and the entire story was constructed so that this particular imagery could be crafted. I mean fuck continuity and plot development, as long as she gets them both to kiss eventually.

And who the hell drew the comic? It looks completely different to what it was in the beginning.

Return to “Michelle Phan”