Something I Want You To Know (Coming Out)

CuriousCat3
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Something I Want You To Know (Coming Out)

Post by CuriousCat3 »

^^haha what? not at all!!!! but im saying that there was a ton of hype and attention on that video. not saying some random youtube coming out video would convince people who run our country but... idk it got a ton of media attention and it was right around that time.

im just saying that i feel like it was strategically uploaded at that time. i have no doubt that she either filmed it before then waited to upload it or she waited to film it around that time. idk... timing just seemed too perfect

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by makeupnewbie »

UMMMM.....Am I the only one who is SHOCKED by this?? WTF?? This came out of NOWHERE. I have pretty good radar and she was NOT on it, though I will admit I always felt she was a bit...asexual? Maybe the whole baby voice thing was a way to deal with her sexual conflict. But this was SO random and I can't believe it's not blowing up more on here.

CuriousCat3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CuriousCat3 »

^^^we have talked a ton about it in her main thread!!!

lefty24
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lefty24 »

bunnybutt420 wrote:This is definitely for views... The beginning of the video made me cringe because of the level of fakeness. LGBTQ+ is so widely accepted, there's no need for a long video and explanations and crocodile tears. Not to sound callous, but no one really cares that much anymore to be honest.

South Park should do a show on these coming out videos :rofl:
Damn, I don't know why I keep reading these ingrid threads when they just make me sad. Anyways, is being in the LGBT community way more accepted then it was just 5 years ago? Yes, but saying it's widely accepted is a stretch. I mean as you probably know, same-sex marriage in the US was just made legal. It's still legal to fire someone for being gay in lots of states. I don't know about other cities, but in mine 43% of homeless youth are LGBT. There's is still plenty of homophobia that is going on. And I'm speaking of America, which is one of the most accepting countries. In some other countries not only is it illegal to be gay, but it's actually punishable by death. Ingrid might live in the US, but obviously people from all of the world watch her videos.

That paragraph was speaking in broad terms, but for Ingrids case making a coming out video is specifically important because of visibility. There is so little feminine lesbian visibility in the media, that vids like Ingrids really help out a lot of girls. I mean look at all the comments talking about how the video inspired them to come out. That's enough reason to making coming out videos, inspiration. No matter how accepting being q.ueer is. People do care and it can help change their lives. I get it, you're not in the LGBT community so it can be hard to understand. Sometimes though it's important to put yourself in the shoes of others. I'm not talking about you specifically, but to a lot of people on this board.

leelee919
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by leelee919 »

lefty24 wrote:
bunnybutt420 wrote:This is definitely for views... The beginning of the video made me cringe because of the level of fakeness. LGBTQ+ is so widely accepted, there's no need for a long video and explanations and crocodile tears. Not to sound callous, but no one really cares that much anymore to be honest.

Damn, I don't know why I keep reading these ingrid threads when they just make me sad. Anyways, is being in the LGBT community way more accepted then it was just 5 years ago? Yes, but saying it's widely accepted is a stretch. I mean as you probably know, same-sex marriage in the US was just made legal. It's still legal to fire someone for being gay in lots of states. I don't know about other cities, but in mine 43% of homeless youth are LGBT. There's is still plenty of homophobia that is going on. And I'm speaking of America, which is one of the most accepting countries. In some other countries not only is it illegal to be gay, but it's actually punishable by death. Ingrid might live in the US, but obviously people from all of the world watch her videos.

That paragraph was speaking in broad terms, but for Ingrids case making a coming out video is specifically important because of visibility. There is so little feminine lesbian visibility in the media, that vids like Ingrids really help out a lot of girls. I mean look at all the comments talking about how the video inspired them to come out. That's enough reason to making coming out videos, inspiration. No matter how accepting being q.ueer is. People do care and it can help change their lives. I get it, you're not in the LGBT community so it can be hard to understand. Sometimes though it's important to put yourself in the shoes of others. I'm not talking about you specifically, but to a lot of people on this board.
Perfectly said. Feminine lesbians are often invisible. And questioned.
And just because it's "better" doesn't mean the country is an open inviting place for gay people now. It really, really isn't. Like, 60% of the country says they support same sex marriage, but that doesn't mean that all those people would except their seemingly straight daughter bringing home a girlfriend. And then there's still that other 40%.
It's ridiculous to minimize what a difficult thing coming out is and will continue to be for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Londonchick
Learner
Learner

Post by Londonchick »

She is obviously genuinely gay but my God what a storm in a tea cup. Serious melodrama. Love, no one cares its 2015.
I unsubbed not from homophobia but cos of attention whoring. Im glad she feels relieved to be out but I just can't anymore. Besides I had been considering unsubbing for ages cos her content is so poor and of zero interest to me. Perhaps cos Im a lot older.

Ireth0
Informer
Informer

Post by Ireth0 »

CuriousCat3 wrote:^^haha what? not at all!!!! but im saying that there was a ton of hype and attention on that video. not saying some random youtube coming out video would convince people who run our country but... idk it got a ton of media attention and it was right around that time.

im just saying that i feel like it was strategically uploaded at that time. i have no doubt that she either filmed it before then waited to upload it or she waited to film it around that time. idk... timing just seemed too perfect
It was uploaded before the ruling was made though. By a few weeks if I remember correctly. How could she have known the ruling would pass to strategically upload it?

CuriousCat3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CuriousCat3 »

im saying that the video was uploaded around that time (duh she wouldnt know the outcome)... im saying that since it got so much media attention BEFORE the ruling, that could have played a role in the ruling. (probably not-- but idk politics are sketchy hahah)

and idk my facts, but was the public aware that they were voting on that issue around the time that the ruling was made?

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

CuriousCat3 wrote:im saying that the video was uploaded around that time (duh she wouldnt know the outcome)... im saying that since it got so much media attention BEFORE the ruling, that could have played a role in the ruling. (probably not-- but idk politics are sketchy hahah)

and idk my facts, but was the public aware that they were voting on that issue around the time that the ruling was made?
It took them almost exactly 2 months to hand down that opinion. The case was probably decided in a matter of a couple weeks, it just takes a little longer for the official Opinion and Dissents to be officially completed (especially when everyone writes their own dissent).

I can almost guarantee you that little old Ingrid had less than 0% influence on that holding. It's been in the works for years, the Justices were just waiting for the right case to allow them to make that call.

Trust me, she has zero political influence with the Supreme Court lol

realistic_dreamer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by realistic_dreamer »

I'm glad she's happy. But I didn't fall for her tears. All overreacted emotions, tears, cheesy lines felt soo fake. :roll:
She's known for changing her persona with the wind/current trend and if she always knew she was gay, why the big tears now in front of camera?

And why not make this video before? She suddenly felt confortable to come out? Having a spotlight maybe? :? :roll: Well known youtuber, big following, and gay rights accepted? It's was a perfect timing.

I feel sorry for guys that she was tricking into believing that she fell for them and loved them. :(

bunnybutt420
Informer
Informer

Post by bunnybutt420 »

lefty24 wrote:

Why did you say I'm not 'in' the LGBTQ+ community (and other GG members)? Because we dare criticise the MOTIVE of Ingrid's video, we must be heterosexual? Excellent logic there mate!

Ingrid isn't exactly bursting with integrity to be honest and her past actions, coupled with her awkward, forced tears in this video led to people questioning her agenda. I am slightly offended with being accused of undermining the LGBT community by pointing out that youtube is BUSINESS that generates revenue from corporate advertisers and thus the actions of youtubers should be taken with a grain of salt.

I say slightly offended because I am not going to fully offended by a person who horrendous logic though ;)
leelee919 wrote:
lefty24 wrote:

Perfectly said. Feminine lesbians are often invisible. And questioned.
And just because it's "better" doesn't mean the country is an open inviting place for gay people now. It really, really isn't. Like, 60% of the country says they support same sex marriage, but that doesn't mean that all those people would except their seemingly straight daughter bringing home a girlfriend. And then there's still that other 40%.
It's ridiculous to minimize what a difficult thing coming out is and will continue to be for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You say I'm minimising? I say Ingrid is monetising :roll:

Seriously now lads, the girl made a video about 'feeling good about yourself' that turned into a plug for plastic fucking surgery. She's not all of a sudden exempt from criticism because she dramatically came out. I'm surprised that she didn't try sell something in her coming out video tbh.. only time will tell though. Nothing surprises me when it comes to Ingrid.

neuroticbitch
Talker
Talker

Post by neuroticbitch »

What grinds me with this video is the title. Couldn't just name it Something I Have to Tell You, needed to smack a (Coming Out) on there too for an "omg no way" reaction and more clicks, just in case anyone missed it. Also not saying she's lying but seriously overly cliché video. I'm in no way belittling the struggles that can come with being in the LGBTQ+ community (considering I've experienced insults I don't want to sound like I'm dishing them) but it's not the end of the world. The dramatic title, the unnecessarily long video and cheap crocodile tears.... it's as big a deal as you make it, and she's definitely milking it.
''Well, look who I ran into,'' crowed Coincidence.

''Please,'' flirted Fate, ''this was meant to be.''

realistic_dreamer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by realistic_dreamer »

PLEASE.. It's the current IN, of course she's going to milk it as much as she can..

lefty24
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lefty24 »

neuroticbitch wrote:What grinds me with this video is the title. Couldn't just name it Something I Have to Tell You, needed to smack a (Coming Out) on there too for an "omg no way" reaction and more clicks, just in case anyone missed it. Also not saying she's lying but seriously overly cliché video. I'm in no way belittling the struggles that can come with being in the LGBTQ+ community (considering I've experienced insults I don't want to sound like I'm dishing them) but it's not the end of the world. The dramatic title, the unnecessarily long video and cheap crocodile tears.... it's as big a deal as you make it, and she's definitely milking it.
I know how dare she title the video about what it's actually about! :o That's what literally everyone else that makes a coming out video titles it. Cause you know, it's a coming out video. I mean Shane even just said "I'm bisexual". Not to mention everyone is so surprised that if she were to just name it "Something I Have to Tell You" people who don't usually watch her vids would just pass by it.

Is she milking it? Maybe. But it should be a big deal in the society that we live in now.

neuroticbitch
Talker
Talker

Post by neuroticbitch »

lefty24 tbh you're right, I was having a balls of a day at work and everything was riling me. I overreacted, I think I was wondering why she didn't just call it "Coming Out"... not sure, and am aware my post didn't make sense. And I guess she does have a right to milk it, considering everyone's feelings are their own feelings and if it'd a big deal to her then she has every right to speak about it as she is. My bad.
''Well, look who I ran into,'' crowed Coincidence.

''Please,'' flirted Fate, ''this was meant to be.''

bunnybutt420
Informer
Informer

Post by bunnybutt420 »

lefty24 wrote:
neuroticbitch wrote:What grinds me with this video is the title. Couldn't just name it Something I Have to Tell You, needed to smack a (Coming Out) on there too for an "omg no way" reaction and more clicks, just in case anyone missed it. Also not saying she's lying but seriously overly cliché video. I'm in no way belittling the struggles that can come with being in the LGBTQ+ community (considering I've experienced insults I don't want to sound like I'm dishing them) but it's not the end of the world. The dramatic title, the unnecessarily long video and cheap crocodile tears.... it's as big a deal as you make it, and she's definitely milking it.
I know how dare she title the video about what it's actually about! :o That's what literally everyone else that makes a coming out video titles it. Cause you know, it's a coming out video. I mean Shane even just said "I'm bisexual". Not to mention everyone is so surprised that if she were to just name it "Something I Have to Tell You" people who don't usually watch her vids would just pass by it.

Is she milking it? Maybe. But it should be a big deal in the society that we live in now.
Ooh hay, way to ignore my reply to your post btw.. your silence speaks volumes!

I'm sorry, but you are still being ridiculous and expecting us to not criticise her because she came out as lesbian? That's constitutive censorship. If you can't see something wrong with shaming people who dare to question her because she came out then I honestly think you are just as bad as her. Imagine if from now on, no matter what shenanigans she pulls, people will say "aww but she's so brave tho". NO. NAW GURL. That's not how freedom of speech works

likefrylikefry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by likefrylikefry »

This bitch does not know what "working from home" really is. ugh i hate her to-do list.
I had to-do lists at work and it was basically scribbled nonsense, not fancy handwriting with post-it notes.

ugh her hair was horrible!!!

and where it this "insider" ingrid thing?

Return to “Ingrid Nilsen”