Charles Gross

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Charles Gross

Post by Lolokwow »

PettyCrocker wrote:The amount of casual sex he has concerns me. Does he properly screen these people before or is he just hoping not to be murdered?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk[/
PettyCrocker wrote:The amount of casual sex he has concerns me. Does he properly screen these people before or is he just hoping not to be murdered?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
quote]

He mentioned in earlier videos that he tries to meet up w hookups in public places like hotels, dorms or places with like doormen/more people.
He also said he always texts his friends/family who he is with and where when he does one. Personally o don't think it's the best screening process but he could be doing worse...

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

Charle's fronts like he's ok and has a perfect life but in actually he's a very messed up and flawed person. I fear he suffers not only from mental disorders but also physical ones. He can't make lasting meaningful relationships with people (couldn't even be there for his "sick" sister, only can do hookups not real relationships, etc). He has to obsessively shop to fill some weird void in his life (there are many examples of this, but most blatant may be that he left his perfume at home and even though he was literally only going to be gone over night he HAD to go buy another bottle. Shopping is the only thing that gives him something to do with his time). The way he obsessive yet restricts himself with food. He's incredibly picky, but when he does find something he likes he goeges himself and binges on it. It's not healthy. He admits he lacks emotion and can't express them well. He's incredibly impulsive and cannot make a lasting decision to save his life. I'm not a therapist but watching Charles I can't help but fell a bit sad and worried for him.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

This is risky behavior. It's not a case of "I want to explore and have the funds to have a change of scenery." Meeting strangers on a regular basis and overspending compulsively is not relaxation. Sleeping and shopping all day, even if it's for his channel" doesn't seem to be helping his problems, is it? I thought the same thing when I watched the video....all it takes is one psychotic freak of the week in some hotel, expensive or not, or some random apartment for it all to be over.

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

PettyCrocker wrote:
Lolokwow wrote:

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk[/

quote]

He mentioned in earlier videos that he tries to meet up w hookups in public places like hotels, dorms or places with like doormen/more people.
He also said he always texts his friends/family who he is with and where when he does one. Personally o don't think it's the best screening process but he could be doing worse...
OMG HE TELLS FAMILY?! Holy shit

Yeah he claims they're all very close and he may not give all the details but he has stated his family knows about him always hooking up (he did a whole video on it I believe it's "what my parents think of my hookups" or something so he'll be sure to text a friend or family the name of who he is with and where or that he's going to be out late which they know means hookup lol

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

al218 wrote:This is risky behavior. It's not a case of "I want to explore and have the funds to have a change of scenery." Meeting strangers on a regular basis and overspending compulsively is not relaxation. Sleeping and shopping all day, even if it's for his channel" doesn't seem to be helping his problems, is it? I thought the same thing when I watched the video....all it takes is one psychotic freak of the week in some hotel, expensive or not, or some random apartment for it all to be over.
I agree it's not safe but a lot of charle's behavior and mentality isn't "safe." He lacks logic. He has a therapist but man is he wasting money because nothing has worked or clicked through to him.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Lolokwow wrote:
I agree it's not safe but a lot of charle's behavior and mentality isn't "safe." He lacks logic. He has a therapist but man is he wasting money because nothing has worked or clicked through to him.
In his defense though...

At least he's trying to figure these things out. There are other YTers who seem perfectly happy being off the rails (like, say, Trisha Paytas). I do get the sense he wants better for himself but is more looking for the magic pill rather than having to go deep within himself.

Also, the guy is, what, 21? 22? No older than 25? He can't be expected to have it all together at that age.

And I think YT has been good for him. It gives him something to do. It's given him his own money and opportunities he's created for himself. And, most importantly, he gets feedback from people that he seems to absorb and take to heart.

When Charles does hookups these days, I don't think he's in danger. I imagine he sits the guy down, makes him watch his Avene skincare routine video then sprays Chanel No. 5 all over the place. Then he'll stand in front of a mirror fixing his hair for ten minutes. Soon after the guy, even any potential murderer, would be pushing Charles out the door. (I kid. I kid.)

thinker16
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by thinker16 »

I imagine Charles' coats stink of the stale reminants of every perfume he owns. The way he drenches himself with one after the other almost gives me a headache. Fragrance etiquette says that you should not be able to smell perfume on yourself; if you can, you're wearing too much. I seriously doubt that he frequently launders his outerwear. I've known people who were completely oblivious to their almost putrid smell.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

Well, all it takes is one nutty stranger to think he's rich and god forbid rob him or worse.

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

Presence wrote:
Lolokwow wrote:
In his defense though...

At least he's trying to figure these things out. There are other YTers who seem perfectly happy being off the rails (like, say, Trisha Paytas). I do get the sense he wants better for himself but is more looking for the magic pill rather than having to go deep within himself.

Also, the guy is, what, 21? 22? No older than 25? He can't be expected to have it all together at that age.

And I think YT has been good for him. It gives him something to do. It's given him his own money and opportunities he's created for himself. And, most importantly, he gets feedback from people that he seems to absorb and take to heart.

When Charles does hookups these days, I don't think he's in danger. I imagine he sits the guy down, makes him watch his Avene skincare routine video then sprays Chanel No. 5 all over the place. Then he'll stand in front of a mirror fixing his hair for ten minutes. Soon after the guy, even any potential murderer, would be pushing Charles out the door. (I kid. I kid.)
Good points, and I do like that he is at least trying to figure it out, whether or not he actually troes to make a difference is his life is another story. Trisha Paytas is a troll and I'm 100% convinced she is faking her persona. She knows what gets people talking and she knows what controversial, she's been around for a long time, she knows what she's doing, in my opinion lol.

I agree w YouTube giving him something to do. We think he's bored and lonely now but imagine but if he didn't at least have videos to edit and film :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't think hooking up nowadays is tooo risky. Not something I'd feel safe doing but plenty of people are doing (especially on grindr and tinder) I can't imagine he's at too much of a risk. I feel like he has a better chance catching an STD than getting murdered lol

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Lolokwow wrote: I feel like he has a better chance catching an STD than getting murdered lol
I just saw a tweet from him that said he was too sick to film. How long does it take for an STD to kick in?

Or did all those germs at the hotel (hotels?) invade his sensitive body?

thinker16
Learner
Learner

Post by thinker16 »

Presence wrote:
Lolokwow wrote: I feel like he has a better chance catching an STD than getting murdered lol
I just saw a tweet from him that said he was too sick to film. How long does it take for an STD to kick in?

Or did all those germs at the hotel (hotels?) invade his sensitive body?
Well it wasn't that long ago that he acquired a sexually transmitted throat infection after hooking up with that YT groupie. He says that he asks his hook-ups for medical reports, but obviously not. He exposed his own lie by making a video about it. No shame.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

thinker16 wrote:
Well it wasn't that long ago that he acquired a sexually transmitted throat infection after hooking up with that YT groupie. He says that he asks his hook-ups for medical reports, but obviously not. He exposed his own lie by making a video about it. No shame.
No way! I didn't know that. OMG!

Sarai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sarai »

Hold up. He got a std in his throat?!

thinker16
Learner
Learner

Post by thinker16 »

Sarai wrote:Hold up. He got a std in his throat?!
He made a video about hooking-up with a "YT groupie" and claimed he woke up the next day with a severe throat infection. I can't find the exact video; he may have deleted it. However, there is a video about his two days in the hospital because of the infection. I presumed the infection was from oral sex.

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

It wasn't a std (so he says) it was severe strep or something, I don't think stds can work that fast anyways but idk. He did say it wasn't sex related but that he was scared that it could've been lol

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

So Charles has a sore throat and freaks out on the kitchen floor. Rather than packing up and going to a hotel, his parents take him to Urgent Care. Can he not grasp that loving relationships include sacrifice, discomfort, and being inconvenienced sometimes?

I still think there's a good egg within him. I just wish he'd acquire a bit more self-awareness and stop being so self-centered (even just a little bit).

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

Presence wrote:So Charles has a sore throat and freaks out on the kitchen floor. Rather than packing up and going to a hotel, his parents take him to Urgent Care. Can he not grasp that loving relationships include sacrifice, discomfort, and being inconvenienced sometimes?

I still think there's a good egg within him. I just wish he'd acquire a bit more self-awareness and stop being so self-centered (even just a little bit).
Also I loved how at the hospital he mentioned people were throwing up and he just "sucked it up " and powered through, but he can't do that for his own family. Amazing

SensibleHoe
Learner
Learner

Post by SensibleHoe »

ive been scrolling through his twitter and this kid cannot @ his fans unless it's about him. anytime he engages with a follower its to rt a gif of picture of himself. His poor fans will try and converse with him but he just cannot waste his time on genuinely interacting with them. he really sold me on this whole "i love talking to people and im a good listener and im so grateful for my subscribers" crap.

it also hit me when on a video he was saying how when he first goes on a date and they go on and on about their family, he loses interest and could not care less. yet he wants to have a meaningful relationship. this guy is selfish. I was a fan but now I can see right through it. He's lonely. Perhaps it's because he cannot bother to make the effort to connect with someone else. everyone has to drop everything for charles but he cant bother to do the same.

im really keen on seeing him move away from his family and be on his own. i hope he will be able to handle it. he seems emotionally incapable of taking care of himself. sigh.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

Where do I start. First of all, those discounted bags at these high end stores are duds. They are all damaged, lesser quality materials that are shipped in and sold at LOW LOW prices with the stupid lable attached so they can get a quick sale and get rid of fug merchandise . He'd be better off at Le Sportsac or Longchamp for a dump bag. Such a sad channel. He shows nothing else but material goods and bitching about how he slept all day.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

SensibleHoe wrote:ive been scrolling through his twitter and this kid cannot @ his fans unless it's about him. anytime he engages with a follower its to rt a gif of picture of himself. His poor fans will try and converse with him but he just cannot waste his time on genuinely interacting with them. he really sold me on this whole "i love talking to people and im a good listener and im so grateful for my subscribers" crap.
Thanks for doing the research, SensibleHoe.

That's disappointing. I was really hoping he was genuine and truly wanted to connect with his audience. It seems like Charles is starting to get off on being slightly "Internet famous". He needs to be careful though. If he gets too arrogant, people are going to really turn on him and start bashing the guy over every, small thing.

Return to “Charles Gross”