StonerLikeJen Part 67

lipstick jungle

Re: StonerLikeJen Part 67

Post by lipstick jungle »

OMG!!!!!

It has been hard you guys, it has been really hard!

Then I saw Jen posted some haul - cause she had a shopping issue in her 20's and she is the first to admit it, but she's a changed woman in her 30's

And I couldn't enter, so I didn't even read it.

Then the site was up but no Jen thread. :(
I wonder how many of us, good souls, will be lost with this tragic event...

Yet, never mind, I am here

There’s nothing like a good coupon to push me into my favorite beauty supply stores after being good (and not tempted) for so long. I ended up buying a few things I needed and then some I really didn’t, but that’s the beauty (and craftiness) of sales! I thought I’d share my haul with you.
✻ Pacifica Body Butter – I’ve used and loved this awesome line of moisturizers for years! Malibu Lemon Blossom and Tahitian Gardenia are two of my favorite spring/summer scents.
✻ The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Body Butter – I’ve been a fan of the Body Shop body butters for ages and am excited to try this delightfully fresh, floral scent.
✻ Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub – You know I love the Tree Hut scrubs! The Amazon Pequi scent reminds me of coconut lime. It’s beachy fresh!
Clarisonic Luxe Cashmere Cleanse Brush Head – I made the switch over to the cashmere brush head this winter and haven’t looked back. It is so luxurious!
✻ bareMinerals Pop of Passion Lip Oil-Balm – I can’t resist balm-like lippies and can’t wait to wear this bright pink pop of color this spring and summer.
Sephora
Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser – I was in need of a new cleanser and thought I’d give this foaming variety a try. I love drinking African red tea; I’m hoping I’ll love this cleanser!
✻ Sephora Collection Bamboo Charcoal Blotting Papers – These are my favorite blotting papers I’ve tried yet, so I stocked up on a new pack.
✻ Boscia Black Charcoal Blotting Linens – I saw that Boscia carried a charcoal blotting linen as well and decided to grab one while I had the discount to try them out.
✻ Coola Makeup Setting Spray SPF 30 – I’m a big fan of the Coola Mineral Matte Face Suncreen and thought this makeup setting spray sounded like an innovative and convenient product. I can’t wait to try it out this summer!
✻ Hourglass Ambient Bronzer – I’ve loved all of the ambient powder products that Hourglass has rolled out and I’m hoping for the same experience with this new bronzer.
✻ Bite Beauty Butter Cream Lipstick – I just can’t resist Bite Beauty lippies. When I saw they released a butter cream line my heart sang! I’m loving the color Heather for a nice coral pink pop.
✻ Fresh Sugar Nude Lip Treatment – I’ve been a fan of these lippies for years and was excited to see them launch a new shimmery, sheer option. I have a feeling this is going to be go-to all summer!
✻ Tarte Showstopper Clay Palette – This is the third year that Tarte has released a special round-shaped eyes and cheeks palette. I love the other two and found them so handy for travel I knew this beauty was making its way into my shopping cart.
✻ Nails Inc. Victoria Beckham Bamboo White Collection – I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect creme nude polish for years and have finally found it! I can’t get over how beautiful the formula is and how long it’s lasted on me. Check out my Instagram for a photo!
[youtube][/youtube]
If she says lippies another time I am going to scream!

Pics:

the return of the zoomed in dry cuticles. ( but the application is not as messy as in some other times, so ... improvement) and OF COURSE she would get the VB extremely basic colors that cost much more.

The reason why Don is still around

I missed you guys!!!!

mariella
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mariella »

SO GLAD the forum is back on. It was so weird not being able to read and post here, but I actually got some work done on my thesis (which is NOT about Jen) :D

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

AnninEngland
Informer
Informer

Post by AnninEngland »

OtherwiseKnownAsWIR wrote:I just watched the beauty haul...

"How wasteful" she says of the Nails Inc packaging...

Says the woman who just purged $1000s worth of nail polish she barely wore.

Cardboard is recyclable, nail polish is not.
Also, considering that she had a WHOLE bag of UNOPENED make-up she purged, yet suddenly has to buy more?
That Sephora 20% off was a couple of weeks ago, not just now (gleaned that from Marnie).

Seems to me that Jen needs to find herself in amongst the mess she is creating by pretending to be everyone else she comes into contact with.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

While the site was down I got to read the blog post where Jen talks about World Market. It was actually much worse than I thought. She not only comes off as unprofessional but kind of unhinged. I can only imagine the bitchface she was sporting during that WM meeting.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Spankme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Spankme »

I guess it's safe to say they probably aren't doing as bad as I thought with money, if she can afford $168 dresses at anthropology, a whole bunch of shit at sephora/ulta, and Don can still get her flowers. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jenuinelyunorganized
Learner
Learner

Post by Jenuinelyunorganized »

2 things........

1. The camera, sold at Michaels for use at (usually) kids birthday party photo booth. Poloroids, anyone?

2. Make up setting spray, cool and inovative. Except that it has been around for many years, OutoftouchlikeJen.

I could just see her at the World Market meeting. Her head must have been huge, a REAL BIDNUSS MEETING! She probably had her tote, 6 planners, her travel diary, her walking pharmacy and whatever else Bidnuss Wadys carry with her, thinking they would just be thrilled at her um, image? Ability to drive people to their site? Her Bidnus savvy? She claims World Market is one of her most favorite places to spend Don's money shop, yet have we seen a haul from there? The tea, maybe. That would surely impress reps looking for a new way to draw sales. There are no World Markets where I live, and I do miss them, but for them to be at a Fashion Bloggers Conference, the fashion side is not the best, and I don't know if all those 20 somethings would be interested in shilling any of it. No names to drop, and no thousands to spend on. JMO.

So glad the site is back up. Thanks to those who worked hard at getting it sorted.

gossipmon
Learner
Learner

Post by gossipmon »

I like the instax mini 8! They are fun to play with, I got the pink one (but the yellow one was so cute too...) and for vacations they are awesome. Used mine both on disney world and for a LA->SF roadtrip! :toad:
And, ok, ok, I know Jen's awful, but I felt so bad for her at the party. Like, SO BAD. I avoid parties like the plague because they are boring as hell for me, but I can only imagine how freaking uncomfortable that was. I probably would've cried on her place lol

And, considering her old hauls, she didn't get too much stuff.... I think? She should've skipped the make-up and lip stuff though.

And her face was SO red. And sightly swollen. I wonder what happened? That was some kind of bad allergy reaction for sure.

Jen, you have the money, please invest in a good skincare routine. Stop buying make-up (you have enough!!!!) and start buying stuff to heal whatever happened with you.
It reminds me of my mom. My dad started his radiology clinic and my mom was working on the administration to help. She aged 20 years in 5, gained SO much weight, seriously. She was always under so much stress. It was a bad time. I wonder if something like that happened with Jen.

Snobbitch
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Snobbitch »

Bloody hell!! I could NOT find you guys. I almost tracked Jen down to get some of her anti anxiety drugs that she was CLEARLY on at the beginning of the conference vlog :rofl: (Where are we anyway? I got here by going to my last post :? )

The beauty haul was classic Jen :tu: Ugly top, manic behavior, over the top justifications, and tons of contradictions.

As for thread title, I like the know it all one.

I also suggest

OneInOneOutLikeJen
WallflowerAlertLikeJen
SnubbedByWorldMarketLikeJen
ButIHadACouponLikeJen

Meow
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Meow »

glad to be back. I had almost forgotten that I could go to youtube myself and see if she had posted anything. I usually just check here to see what's going on in Jen-land. :D

lol soooo much at her beauty haul. she kept repeating how she had a coupon and how she has a one in and one out rule so this shopping haul is totally justified you guys! she will get rid of things so it's ok!

the part that got me though which has already been mentioned....was her going on and on about how the packaging for the nail polish was so wasteful. really?! she is the most wasteful person I have ever seen and suddenly she's concerned about packaging being wasteful. does she not ever look around her and consider for a moment how incredibly wasteful she is? serious WTF moment for me that she even had the audacity to complain about that.

Snobbitch
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Snobbitch »

I saw the IG of the pretties from Don and almost snorted Diet Coke right out my nose: I'm guessing someone has been LittleMissSulkyPants this week after her failed conference.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

SnubbedbyWorldMarketLikeJen! I laaaaahve that! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Snobbitch
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Snobbitch »

Now that I have re-read the posts I skimmed:

Since Jen is lazy, she will never realize that her thread was moved to the nonGuru section here. She will probably think her sweet Mister got it shut down ;)

We have a hint as to the rebranding, she slipped up in the conference vlog to proclaim herself a Lifestyle Blogger and then quickly added YouTuber. Problem is that she's not sure what lifestyle she wants to show. The housewife sham is over since she does nothing that most housewives do (cook, clean, child rearing etc). She wants to portray an earthy element with all the organic-Whole Foods-nail polish packaging is wasteful-soy candles are better BS yet she drives an SUV, takes 80 gallon baths daily and flies all over the world.

What she fails to realize is that the lifestyle her viewers want to see is impulse shopper Jen. Target Haul Jen. Backup of backups Jen. Because I had a coupon Jen.

Princess LushBomb
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Princess LushBomb »

So that cream made "her heart sing". :roll: :rofl: I guess that justifies her buying it because it gave her joy. She is a hoarder plain and simple. Trying to buy happiness. :roll: She needs to fire that hack, Judith and get a real therapist. (yeah I know that will never happen but still).

She's ridiculous buying all that junk just because she had a coupon. I had the sephora one too...I let it expire. There will be more. :roll:

I haven't watched or read the World Market thing. Umm yeah, Jen, they are a business with real bidness ladies. They are not going to cater to your narcissistic self. I hope that was a reality check to her. (probably not). Those Barbie pics were so spot on about her. Buy the accessories and pretend for a bit.
"Did you all take stupid pills this morning?" credit given to Mr. Potato Head

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

Snobbitch wrote:Now that I have re-read the posts I skimmed:

Since Jen is lazy, she will never realize that her thread was moved to the nonGuru section here. She will probably think her sweet Mister got it shut down ;)

We have a hint as to the rebranding, she slipped up in the conference vlog to proclaim herself a Lifestyle Blogger and then quickly added YouTuber. Problem is that she's not sure what lifestyle she wants to show. The housewife sham is over since she does nothing that most housewives do (cook, clean, child rearing etc). She wants to portray an earthy element with all the organic-Whole Foods-nail polish packaging is wasteful-soy candles are better BS yet she drives an SUV, takes 80 gallon baths daily and flies all over the world.

What she fails to realize is that the lifestyle her viewers want to see is impulse shopper Jen. Target Haul Jen. Backup of backups Jen. Because I had a coupon Jen.
I bet WM was trying to pin her down about her "brand" and she didn't like that. She considered them being skeptical of her just because they asked questions and tried to get information from her about her brand that she could not or did not want to answer.

Snobbitch
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Snobbitch »

^^^^
This. I bet it started fine until she couldn't/wouldn't answer. I bet she gave a 20 minute rebranding speech to the Rep who :roll: at her. Then she ran out to inhale her smart choice cheeseburger.

Holidaydressofchoice

Post by Holidaydressofchoice »

Fat Shark wrote:
Snobbitch wrote:Now that I have re-read the posts I skimmed:

I bet WM was trying to pin her down about her "brand" and she didn't like that. She considered them being skeptical of her just because they asked questions and tried to get information from her about her brand that she could not or did not want to answer.
You nailed it! Jen has no clue what she wants to be and they likely were trying to understand exactly what she does, which really is turning out to be the biggest mystery since the caramilk bar. She's a "lifestyle blogger" who vlogs about rebranding. She vlogs about how much work vlogging is. I would have paid to be in that room during the meeting. I bet it was hilarious.

ReasonableInference
Learner
Learner

Post by ReasonableInference »

allegedly wrote:
tara incognita wrote:Jen may have come up with her own thread title here: "innovative LIKEtoKNOW.it tool like Jen"

Or how about: LIKEtoKNOWitALLlikeJen?
Or just ToolLikeJen. ;)

I suspect her inclusion of "Jenuine" in that post was a super subtle hint at her rebranding. Because, you know, she's an Original Content Creator™ and that pun is extremely clever and has never been used before. The next thread should be called JenuineLikeJen so we can beat her to the punch. :twisted:
Princess LushBomb wrote:Why does she look so shiny in that gif? How about throwing some powder, blotting sheets, mineral veil, something into her walking pharmacy to control that oil. Ugh I'm sure she has all of those items. Lol
All the blotting sheets in the world couldn't clean up that oil spill on her face. I think it's time to send in the National Guard.
Totally has to be JenuineLikeJen for the next thread. I had the same thought.

Also, is anyone going to mention her admonishment of Winnie? I'm not usually a "winnie is so tortured" person," but that poor dog got screeched at for what? Sitting on the floor looking up at Jen or something? She just hauls off and screeches at her and orders her to her bed. She turns back to the camera, readjusts her facial expression and calls Winnie needy. Just.whoa.

JenToneitDown
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JenToneitDown »

Yay! I found you guys again.

I love after having her purge she posts a haul.
Jizzifer Ross ‏@OrganizedJen
My fuckin faves muthafucka!
:toad: :toad: :toad:

Noelle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Noelle »

I hope she does plan to use Jenuine in her rebranded name. That would be so very Jen of her.

I think there are some other playful names she should consider. I've been meaning to make jentle happen but keep forgetting. That could be incorporated into many a name. BeJentleWithMe, so at least viewers know what she demands from the start.

SoKindAndJenerous, with her busted, stand-less Christmas tree for an icon.

PleaseJenuflectUponClickingPlay

TalkingBoutMyJeneration.

Maybe a haul channel called JenealogicalDiscoveries.

MyJenreOfChoice

FortunateJenetics. With a flanker channel for the mister -- DovarianLotteryWinner.

You really can run with this all day long.

forever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by forever »

Elyezabeth wrote:
forever wrote:
Did anyone notice Jen's thread is under "Non-Guru"? Will Jen get offended?? :hee:
I kept refreshing "Trash a Guru" for AGES before finally thinking "Oh, maybe they moved her elsewhere." I figured she'd just gotten misplaced in the chaos of the issues the board seems to have been having lately.

So I guess getting a little camera in your swag is nice but.....I wouldn't have been all that excited to get that stuff? To me the majority of it just looks like cheap somewhat cute crap. Which is of course exactly why Jen loved it.

But I also just want to add again that I would feel SO BAD for her if she actually recognized this as a problem she wanted to correct. I did literally the exact same thing at the one conference I went to so far. I hid in my room, I skipped out on evening social events (although honestly for me part of it was that I really truly DON'T drink, and I wasn't sure how awkward it would be to be completely sober with a bunch of drunk biologists) and stayed in my room. I even ditched the regular afternoon meetings one of the days and went shopping and proceeded to blow almost $200 on some Patagonia stuff on sale in an outdoorsy shop I found. Yeah it was 40% off, but I really didn't need to spend that much money on 5 pieces of clothing when I already have so much workout stuff. I'm well acquainted with the feeling of thinking that something is going to be amazing and you're going to meet people and do awesome stuff, then getting there and not knowing how to approach all the cliquey little groups and then feeling shy and self-conscious. But.....I just felt like shit. I didn't pat myself on the back for staying true to myself. I felt awful that I couldn't manage to be capable of regular human interaction for a few hours a day. And Jen just refuses to really try to improve herself.

EDIT: and is it just me or is it really unprofessional how she talks about ALL OF THIS. Not just the incident with the World Market rep, but the whole point of her social media presence should be to convey an image of herself. And breaking down exactly what she's been told to do as a businessperson makes her pretty much the least effective businessperson ever. I guess her viewers have always typically been more practical housewives than dreamy women who want to escape to the world of pristine white "zen" setups a la pinksofoxy's latest obsession, but as soon as someone starts posting to me about everything that goes on in making their content (not to mention the fact that she posts more about what goes into her content than she posts actual content), that experience of living vicariously and being at the point where you could sell me on things because I'm imagining myself having your covetable lifestyle is gone.
I think we've all been there and felt the same way at least one point of our lives. That's why at the beginning I said I felt really bad for Jen. Then she goes home and writes about how she's pretty much superior than everyone else... So I don't feel too bad for her...

As for the WorldMarket, you can totally tell Jen has never ever been in a serious job interview or any kind of interview/conference. These people from WorldMarket are real "business people" not like Jen's business. You know what I mean. They probably did What the heck was that :scratch: :?: after Jen left the room. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If Jen is serious about getting some kind of relationships with legit businesses, she should NOT have written what she did. She is treating her blog like her private diary. Totally unprofessional and unnecessary on her part. She should've just said it wasn't for me instead of saying they didn't make her feel comfortable or something like that. WTF? Seriously? How old are you, Jen? 32? Grow up!! It's a tough world out there.

WHAT is the purpose of a blog? I don't read blogs so I don't really know.

Lastly, it's truly sad and pathetic. Everyone else posted photos of themselves against that wall with friends. Jen's the only one who took a selfie... She couldn't ask anyone to take a photo of her???
Fat Shark wrote:Yay we're back! I'm happier than Ron Swanson at a breakfast buffet!

I've been waiting all day to post some gifs. Image

ETA: I also wanted to add that I don't feel bad for Jen about the conference BECAUSE she's been lying about social anxiety. I'm beginning to think she's a pathological liar. She had cheese and ham soufflé the first night. She just said last week she can't eat cheese. :roll:

Return to “Pretty Neat Living”