FuglyFaceOfBeauty Part 12

Re: FuglyFaceOfBeauty Part 12

Post by Guest »

Alfie's a rich white, not-unattractive male, of course he doesn't get a lot of the points she's making. I hate Grace but in SOME ways I see her point... YTers in general piss me off, but she NEEDS to understand that bullshit comes with the territory and if she doesn't like it, whining isn't going to do anything to change it.

Grace should either get off youtube and earn a living doing something more commendable, or she needs to STEP HER GAME RIGHT UP, scrap the hauls, GRWTMs, pointless shots of half eaten yoghurt and fruit and mainly her transphobic/misogynist/piece of trash megabum that she calls her boyfriend and become the vlogger that she wishes she had to look up to.

I know what she's getting at, white and skinny privilege is always going to get you views, but her attitude is as funky as rotting seafood... i've said this before, Grace could be such a credit to fat girls and WOC but she fucking fucks it up every time with her ego.

Edit: that said, i am here for this drama, can't wait for her response.

lipstickliquor
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lipstickliquor »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I can't stand Alfie almost as much as I can't stand Grace, so that whole thing made me laugh quite a lot. Battle of the egos.

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

I guess Grace does have a point.
But does anyone know the demographics of YouTube?
Or the demographics of her audience vs the likes of Zoella. Or perhaps Fleur is a better person to compare her too? (I don't want either of the two).
I feel that race most likely does play a part in this, but I dunno I get the feeling that YouTube audiences are mainly young white females (11-16) so the others have a larger audience because you watch those who are similar to you. Especially when it comes to make-up.
I'm a black 24 year old female, and whilst I do watch the likes of Lily Pebbles and Amelia Liana, I still sought out people of my skin tone because make-up advice from those two is kinda useless.
I mean I'm not sure what audience Grace is trying to appeal to either, but most of my friends my age don't even watch YouTube. So I kinda assume it's girls younger than me, and I just get the feeling that there are more white girls watching YouTube than any other race. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I hope I've made sense, I just don't think Grace needs to compare herself to the likes of the others because the odds are kinda stacked against her, even if she had a better attitude.

brashme
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by brashme »

Grace is a self-absorbed asshole at times but I agree with a lot of what she has said in the video. No non-white, plus sized and straight talking guru can attain Zoella level success. Sammi wouldn't be as popular is she was Grace's size. Let's be real here. Too bad Grace isn't the spokesperson that she should be and has a nasty attitude. But she is a relief from the cookie cutter bull shit.

GirlAboutTown
Learner
Learner

Post by GirlAboutTown »

FrozenLeaves wrote:I don't think she ever flat out mentioned it.
No pun intended :D

Patricia Bright is doing exceedingly well on the sponsorship front. The thing holding Grace back the most is her horrible attitude. Oh, and lack of talent.

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

^^ Patricia kinda has a stinkin attitude too. But nowhere as bad as Grace imo.

queenxyz
Learner
Learner

Post by queenxyz »

Oh Gracie :roll: she needs to understand that as a fat woc, there is a market for her. I subscribed to her all those years ago because she seemed like a down to earth plus size non-white girl and I could 100% relate. I don't know why she has become the mess that we see today but she needs to sit the fuck down and pull herself together. She could be as successful as those skinny posh white girls but she's lazy. She doesn't make regular videos and when she does they're of poor quality. Her boyfriend is an annoying, problematic beanpole which makes her annoying by association. Her blog posts are short, pointless and (last time I checked) laden with grammar mistakes. Like, come on DisGrace, the reason why you're channel isn't hugely successful is right in front of your fucking face. You can't have everything handed to you on a plate, you need to put effort into this in order to reap the rewards.
As for Alfie.. *yawn* why does he need to involve himself in everything? It's like he thinks he's Zeus of YouTube Mount Olympus or Papa Smurf or something lol. But I do love the drama, can't wait to see how Grace responds ;)

Post by Guest »

queenxyz wrote:Oh Gracie :roll: she needs to understand that as a fat woc, there is a market for her. I subscribed to her all those years ago because she seemed like a down to earth plus size non-white girl and I could 100% relate. I don't know why she has become the mess that we see today but she needs to sit the fuck down and pull herself together. She could be as successful as those skinny posh white girls but she's lazy. She doesn't make regular videos and when she does they're of poor quality. Her boyfriend is an annoying, problematic beanpole which makes her annoying by association. Her blog posts are short, pointless and (last time I checked) laden with grammar mistakes. Like, come on DisGrace, the reason why you're channel isn't hugely successful is right in front of your fucking face. You can't have everything handed to you on a plate, you need to put effort into this in order to reap the rewards.
As for Alfie.. *yawn* why does he need to involve himself in everything? It's like he thinks he's Zeus of YouTube Mount Olympus or Papa Smurf or something lol. But I do love the drama, can't wait to see how Grace responds ;)
Exactly what I was trying to say, but far more eloquent.

Basically what has happened is she's beem trying to rip off Sammi for the best part of 5 years and can't understand why it isn't working. She COULD be killer but she has very few (if any) original ideas of her own, and prefers to take from her subs rather than give to them.

CottonVortex
Debater
Debater

Post by CottonVortex »

Alfie's comment has since been removed.... And her subbies are saying it was HIM that retracted the comment.
Is this true?
I would haven't thought it was grace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tinkerbot
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Tinkerbot »

There is cliques and hierarchy in everything, not just YT. I watched that section of the video and all I could think of is she is describing herself. She lies constantly, she calls everyone a jealous hater, but she is one of the biggest, as clearly shown in this video. She thinks everyone should jump on the chance to talk to her and when they don't then they have the problem. She mentioned competition, well duh, welcome to the world. The world doesn't give out participation awards. You have to be on top of your shit if you want to climb that ladder. You have to compete with others to get that job. That is the problem with the "everyone's a winner" way people raise their kids these days. It has only created an entitled, narcissistic generation who thinks they are perfect and the world should just hand them shit. And they have zero coping skills.

The reason they aren't talking to you is because you are an aggressive, hostile, drama starter who gets loud and acts like an attention seeker. We have seen her in videos with others and she is the loudest one out of the group, she acts obnoxious. And that is why no one collabs with her, or act like they don't know her. Just look at this very video. The day of/after she is around other youtubers, she goes and make a video talking shit and throwing shade. And that after she probably was acting like all the things I listed above. That is also why her channel doesn't grow. It has nothing to do with her race or size, but everything to do with her personality.

She mentioned the bit about "who got in what magazine" like how dare they...But what did this bish do? She went on about when she is in one. There were instagrams, tweets, videos, and used as background decor in other videos. Like she jumps in head first into that whole life every chance she gets. She only complains about it all when she isn't in the middle of it herself.

And when she talked about being outcast because she isn't treated a certain way, I was immediately reminded of that Tiffany girl who she used and treated less than. Remember her? Remember how Gracie acted so above Tiffany. Again, that whole part of the video was just her talking about herself. She is such a hypocrite. Do unto others Gracie, as you want them to do unto you.

potnoodlegirl
Informer
Informer

Post by potnoodlegirl »

I think she is actually right about management cliques and random collabs that make no sense until you see that both of them have contact emails at "gleamfutures". I can't stand Alfie or Zoe. The difference is that to me, the Gleamers represent everything wrong with YouTube and Grace's channel just represents everything wrong with insecure, dishonest, hypocritical Grace.

Grace herself is materialistic and sees her stuff (car, rented flat, holidays) as a measure of success so I don't know where that came from.

I think what annoys me is she thinks this is all news to us. Helloooo, GG exists with thousands of members because we all wised up back in the Fowliar Sisters days.

loverdose22
Informer
Informer

FuglyFaceOfBeauty Part 12

Post by loverdose22 »

Actually have a lot of respect for her for talking the truth in that vlog.
And it was obviously Alfie who deleted his comment, he's such a slime ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrozenLeaves
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by FrozenLeaves »

Pretty much 100% agree with you Tinkerbot.
Maybe if Grace was nice and actually put out quality content, she'd have room to complain. But until that point, how can she be so sure so much of her problem is due to race? I know it very likely plays a factor, but is it a main factor. And as was mentioned before, these bigger youtubers are managed by bigger teams that can get them more collabs, advise them about video content, tips on promotion, get their name out to companies for endorsements, etc.
I also agree with whoever said that a lot if also has to do with demographics. Like it or not, most people do look for someone similar to themself in some way. Especially when it comes to things like makeup and fashion. It's not as helpful to watch someone with a drastically different body type or skin color talk about those things.

theillusivewoman
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by theillusivewoman »

She has a point, but let's be real, if she was more famous on YouTube, she wouldn't waste any words on the topic. She doesn't give a shit about fatphobia, or racism, or misogyny. This is about her not getting what she thinks she deserves.

She's a fat woman of color. Unlike other YouTubers, she used to work. If she actually made an effort, she could have an target audience. She could talk about the problems these groups have to face every day. But she'd rather pretend to be ten sizes smaller than she is and film herself going on uninteresting holidays.

saywhatyouwant2me
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by saywhatyouwant2me »

I don't think grace deserves more subs because she has a bad attitude, puts out shit videos, and comes off as a braggy brat. However, I agree with what she said because the mass audience just won't look for someone like her because they're most likely white and slimmer. Explains zoellas success, she looks 14 and seems non threatening despite her current wealth.
Alfies comment was typical white man privilege comment. It might seem coincidental but why did he assume it was all about him? All he sees is himself, he can't even acknowledge that what's she's experiencing might be real. Grace and Alfie aren't even attempting to reach the same audience so he should stfu.

giannabanana
Informer
Informer

Post by giannabanana »

Has anyone noticed how she kind of snorts when she speaks sometimes? I've noticed it a few times but it was really evident to me in the rant vlog especially at 9:04 and 11:41. She also smacks her lips and gurns a ridiculous amount!

Post by Guest »

theillusivewoman wrote:She has a point, but let's be real, if she was more famous on YouTube, she wouldn't waste any words on the topic. She doesn't give a shit about fatphobia, or racism, or misogyny. This is about her not getting what she thinks she deserves.
THIIIIIS. I didnt really think about it this way but you are hittimg the nail on the head here. When else does she pull out these issues unless they're fucking HER up? if she gave a shit, there have been about 50+ current events recently that she could devote her platform to - but no, the cherry on the cake isn't that black people are getting killed in churches, it's not that the boy she loves is transphobic, it's not thousands of rape cases are still going unreported, no no, none of that warrants a blog.... but meeting a YTer who has more success that her definitely does!

What is going on in this girl's head?

Post by Guest »

theillusivewoman wrote:She has a point, but let's be real, if she was more famous on YouTube, she wouldn't waste any words on the topic. She doesn't give a shit about fatphobia, or racism, or misogyny. This is about her not getting what she thinks she deserves.
THIIIIIS. I didnt really think about it this way but you are hittimg the nail on the head here. When else does she pull out these issues unless they're fucking HER up? if she gave a shit, there have been about 50+ current events recently that she could devote her platform to - but no, the cherry on the cake isn't that black people are getting killed in churches, it's not that the boy she loves is transphobic, it's not thousands of rape cases are still going unreported, no no, none of that warrants a blog.... but meeting a YTer who has more success that her definitely does!

What is going on in this girl's head?

DracoMalfoy
Informer
Informer

Post by DracoMalfoy »

So uhhhh... Does anybody else have Asia on snapchat? She showed her boyfriend sitting on the toilet... And then proceeded to show his shit.. In the toilet. Birds of a feather flock together. Both these bitches are nasty. :?

LPB
Informer
Informer

Post by LPB »

Whilst there is truth in Grace mentioning the cliquey and fake side to YouTube (and fuck me, I can't stand the likes of Tanya/Alfie/Zoe/Louise etc...), it appears she is simply jealous of what all these big British you tubers have achieved. As someone else mentioned, you know damn well if this bitch had 500k+ subs she wouldn't be mentioning this. Wouldn't bother her in the slightest.

Fact is - her content is pretty shit, her attitude is shit, and she doesn't appeal to the masses. Bringing race into this, I have to disagree. Shirley, Patricia, Jenny etc...they are BLACK women (not mixed like Grace) and they are doing very well for themselves. Patricia gives good advice on many topics and her sense of humour appeals to many (her hubby is nice too), Jenny has good makeup skills, Shirley has class and is actually good with fashion. Hence they do well for themselves.

Compare this to Grace who has no class, is a compulsive liar, her fashion sense is questionable, all she does are clothing hauls or vlogs with her miserable S.O.B boyfriend, her attitude is wrong on all levels. Stop fucking moaning and accept that it is *your* fault that your YouTube career isn't taking off. There's just not much to like about you.

Return to “Grace F Victory”