ipsy (formerly MyGlam) - Part 2

Re: ipsy (formerly MyGlam) - Part 2

Post by Guest »

I hate Ipsy I'm black and they constantly sent me things that just didn't work with my skin complexion. I got this yabby concealer that was like a NC 20 when I'm like a NC 50 I was so mad !

Cococcino
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Cococcino »

^ You know, I've always wondered how makeup subscription services work when their customers have different skin tones and skin types. Paying for a monthly subscription service doesn't sound very cost effective when there's a chance you could receive makeup that doesn't compliment your skin tone or products that don't work well on your skin type. Is there a form customers fill out beforehand so that these companies don't send them products they can't use? :?

Mogeez
Informer
Informer

Post by Mogeez »

I just canceled my subscription with Ipsy. Yeah it is only $10 a month, but that adds up (especially with me looking for new work atm and taking care of other issues) and when I only like MAYBE 1 item I receive, it just doesn't seem worth it. I posted on Ipsy's Facebook page that I was cancelling and gave a suggestion on how I wish they would update the beauty profile quiz so that you won't receive an item you don't want... for example if you click on your quiz that you don't like nail polish, then don't put that in my bag. I posted on the Facebook page to Ipsy, not for other stupid people to comment back to me. I am so annoyed at the comments I received. What is it with some people? Nobody can ever just respect another persons opinion even if it differs from their own. Same with on YouTube... if you ever post something negative about a beauty "guru" you will get so many hate comments back. Ugh I just needed to vent. The comments some people posted to me on the Ipsy FB was stuff like "It's only $10 that itself is a bargain!" or another commented telling me the definition of what a beauty subscription service is. LOL Bitch, I already knew that, but thanks! ;)
:purr:

AnonGirl
Talker
Talker

Post by AnonGirl »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the latest Ipsy scandal with those POP Beauty glosses. I think it's shady that Ipsy has yet to tell anyone those glosses had a manufacturing issue but it doesn't surprise me since it's all about the money for those people.

AnonGirl
Talker
Talker

Post by AnonGirl »

POP Beauty sent to Ipsy subscribers are really nasty smelling gloss. People were posting on Ipsy and POP Beauty about it but both companies shut down those comments, deleted the comments and pictures of people with rashes and chemical burns from it. Ipsy has not made a single peep about it but POP did post about it back on March 10.

Dear Ipsters,

Unfortunately some of you received a POP Plump Pout Mini with an “off” taste or smell as part of the IPSY send-out in February. We want to address this issue and explain exactly what we have been doing about it.

First and foremost we want to assure you that all of the ingredients used in the Plump Pout Mini, which are listed on the shrink wrap on the product packaging, are FDA approved and 100% safe for use.

The reason for the disparity between the ingredients listed on the product packaging and the website is that the full size version of the Plump Pout Mini is manufactured in the USA, while the Mini is manufactured in Taiwan. We recently reformulated the product, and our factory in Taiwan used the new formula to make the Mini.

We apologise if you have had a negative experience with this gloss. We have never encountered a problem of this nature with our products, and we assure you that we are taking this very seriously. If you feel that you have received a defective Plump Pout Mini, please do not hesitate to e-mail POP’s customer service at the e-mail address below. We guarantee that every e-mail will
receive a response.

Yours sincerely,
POP beauty

[email protected]
Ipsy has been sending out replacements to those who ask but the replacements are even more stinky glosses.

Aelegent
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Aelegent »

geez, sent this to my friend as she got one of those in her Feb bag, crazy stuff

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

Fuck them! do they honestly think that replacements will make their rashes or their chemical burns go away
I'd sue their asses, and cancel my subscription asap.
It would have been amusing to see Michelle use that lip gloss and get a chemical burn or a rash so she can go through what she put people through during IQQU.

AnonGirl
Talker
Talker

Post by AnonGirl »

Ipsygate, part what?

Looks like there is a new scandal involving Ipsy.

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

AnonGirl wrote:Ipsygate, part what?

Looks like there is a new scandal involving Ipsy.

What was it? It looks like they deleted the photo already....

AnonGirl
Talker
Talker

Post by AnonGirl »

The photo is still there. There's some talk about Mary Kay testing on animals but it looks like the posts were deleted.

lurker123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lurker123 »

^ What's wrong? I don't see any major complaints in the comments.

Edit: I guess we all sent a comment at the same time.

sgirl1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sgirl1 »

OT, but I have to write a paper about an online business whose brand failed so they had to rebrand. Prob gonna write about MyGlam--> Ipsy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

how did myglam fail in the first place ?

bellabellabella
Informer
Informer

Post by bellabellabella »

amuto_lover wrote:how did myglam fail in the first place ?

There had been several issues they faced with the products they sampled like the X-out moisturizer, gross smelling bags, and defective lip plump just from few months ago.

sgirl1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sgirl1 »

amuto_lover wrote:how did myglam fail in the first place ?
Also people who signed up were not getting their bags, others were billed twice, shitty customer service...

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

Ahh I see, I think ipsy has been Michelle's only steady business, I think Michelle needs to drop em and invest her full undivided attention into ipsy

wbread
Debater
Debater

Post by wbread »

amuto_lover wrote:Ahh I see, I think ipsy has been Michelle's only steady business, I think Michelle needs to drop em and invest her full undivided attention into ipsy
Lol she doesn't need to, who do you think she is, CEO? She's just the face for it. It runs fine without her :D

AnonGirl
Talker
Talker

Post by AnonGirl »

Ipsy is working or was going to work with Bondi, another scam company. Wow, do the folks at Ipsy never learn?

usernamexhere
Informer
Informer

Post by usernamexhere »

If people are fully satisfied with Ipsy (assuming those individuals didn't get scammed with their shady beginnings, are happy with all or at least most products they receive, and didn't get any bad reactions to any of the products) then I don't see the problem with what happens behind closed doors. If I felt I was getting my money's worth, I really don't care about Michelle only being a silent partner and the face of the company.

I personally cancelled because they were sending me products that I specifically said I didn't want in my profile quiz, which seems to be a pretty common complaint. I was fed up with getting too many hair products- I'm pretty picky with what I use in my hair so continually getting travel sized products I'll never use just got frustrating. I wish I was one of the few people who are happy with the service, but its obvious most of us haven't been.
"It's a human need to be told stories. The more we're governed by idiots and have no control over our destinies, the more we need to tell stories to each other about who we are, why we are, where we come from, and what might be possible."

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

Guys Ipsy's done it again. In their latest bag they put in a mascara by the brand named Bab and people have complained that the product smelled really bad like a chemical smell and it burned their eyes and made them swell up after applying it, others have complained that their mascara was all dried up and they couldn't get any product on the brush, others complained that after several layers of mascara they still couldn't get anything on their lashes and lastly others complained that when they applied the mascara to their lashes, their lashes became really sticky and flaked terribly.
2 comments said that their eyeliners had "exploded" in their Ipsy bag when they received it.
and people complained about the beach spray not doing anything for their hair other than tangling it.

Michelle's such a boss lady considering she's claimed that she is the one who tests out the Ipsy products before they decide what goes in the Ipsy bags.

Return to “Michelle Phan”