Alexandrea Garza

rosylittlegirl
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Alexandrea Garza

Post by rosylittlegirl »

I've lurked here a while, and decided to finally join and post my own thread about her, since I can't find any others.
I know she has a large fan base and most comments on her channel are always positive, etc., but what do y'all think of her? I liked her for a long time, and still watch her I will admit, but I keep having this nagging feeling that she is not very nice and she is a classic stuck up bitch. I have honestly tried so hard to continue to like her, however, now all I can think is she's just another two-faced youtuber who is too lazy to get a real job so they stay home all day and film a couple videos every week. She quit her job and became a youtuber, yet she only releases a video a week, sometimes less than that. Her family seems rich, and her sister is like a clone of her. Everything she does reviews on lately is sponsored it seems. And, seriously, don't get me wrong. I have no issue with rich people, and I am probably considered rich myself, along with my family and my husband's family. However, I feel there is a difference between being rich and having truly earned what you have, and being rich because you're living off of someone else's wealth, and there's a difference between simply being rich and being rich and thinking you're better than everyone because of your money and status symbols. Their new house is what most people don't have until they are much, much older than they are. It makes me really wonder about where they get all their money from, especially with all her LV and such. My husband and I bring in about $250k a year and I still haven't been able to justify spending that much on one bag when we have bills and expenses. I kind of have to think her parents (or maybe his parents too?) pay for a lot of things. At most, she's probably only making about $50k from YouTube. Not even sure what her fiance does?? Idk. What do you think?

GossipTalk
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: Alexandrea Garza

Post by GossipTalk »

You aren't rich if you're only making $250k, especially if it's a combined income. You're clearly jealous of her and her life.

izzy
Learner
Learner

Post by izzy »

rosylittlegirl wrote:I've lurked here a while, and decided to finally join and post my own thread about her, since I can't find any others.
I know she has a large fan base and most comments on her channel are always positive, etc., but what do y'all think of her? I liked her for a long time, and still watch her I will admit, but I keep having this nagging feeling that she is not very nice and she is a classic stuck up bitch. I have honestly tried so hard to continue to like her, however, now all I can think is she's just another two-faced youtuber who is too lazy to get a real job so they stay home all day and film a couple videos every week. She quit her job and became a youtuber, yet she only releases a video a week, sometimes less than that. Her family seems rich, and her sister is like a clone of her. Everything she does reviews on lately is sponsored it seems. And, seriously, don't get me wrong. I have no issue with rich people, and I am probably considered rich myself, along with my family and my husband's family. However, I feel there is a difference between being rich and having truly earned what you have, and being rich because you're living off of someone else's wealth, and there's a difference between simply being rich and being rich and thinking you're better than everyone because of your money and status symbols. Their new house is what most people don't have until they are much, much older than they are. It makes me really wonder about where they get all their money from, especially with all her LV and such. My husband and I bring in about $250k a year and I still haven't been able to justify spending that much on one bag when we have bills and expenses. I kind of have to think her parents (or maybe his parents too?) pay for a lot of things. At most, she's probably only making about $50k from YouTube. Not even sure what her fiance does?? Idk. What do you think?
I don't know if I'd consider her rich. Yeah they have a super nice house at a somewhat young age but they live in Tennessee which has super low housing prices for what you get. Same deal as Casey Holmes since Georgia also has super low housing prices. And yeah she might be flaunting designer bags but maybe they are gifts or she just saves up to buy them. She claims she does free lance work so that helps bring in more money than YT. However, it is also possible that her family or his family is wealthy and they benefit from that. And there isn't really anything wrong with that IMO.

I do, however, get annoyed that she all she talks about is crap that is given to her or that's sponsored. She's just another Jaclyn Hill but without the OTT, obnoxious attitude. I don't find her very genuine or trustworthy in her opinions.

lexibean
Talker
Talker

Post by lexibean »

I always wondered where her thread is too. Have to admit, I do love her hair. Anyway, I'm pretty sure they don't live in a house. I watched the moving vlog and it is just a nice two bedroom apartment. Granted very nice for a couple's first apartment together. Her parents' house is gorgeous and she clearly comes from a well off family.

Pretty sure her only "job" is YT, the sponsorships are getting really annoying. I personally don't trust a word she says. Very curious to what her fiance does for work.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

I am happy to see a thread on her!!

My opinion is that she is trying VERY hard to become a big YT star right now. I get the sense that she is very driven to make that happen, and there's nothing wrong with that. You can just tell that she is hungry for the YT fame. She even vlogs! Her fiance strikes me as someone who sees dollar signs with those videos, so he doesn't seem to mind being in the vlogs at all.

I am a little sick of hearing about her wedding planning, but I get that she is excited and cannot blame her for that. I just choose to skip those videos.

It's interesting that she has lost 20 pounds lately! I never would have thought that she'd want the really muscular look, so I was surprised that she is all into fitness now. I can see her doing lots more fitness videos as a way to get more viewers/subscribers.

I really do think she seems like a nice girl. She is definitely very type A, and I wouldn't be shocked if she was a bridezilla, but as far as being nice to people and her subbies, I think that she is. I see her responding to comments on her videos and IG a lot too, and I have yet to see a snotty response from her. I also think that she is very pretty, so if she wants to make YT work, I think she will.

chriskeller
Learner
Learner

Post by chriskeller »

izzy wrote:I don't know if I'd consider her rich. Yeah they have a super nice house at a somewhat young age but they live in Tennessee which has super low housing prices for what you get. Same deal as Casey Holmes since Georgia also has super low housing prices. And yeah she might be flaunting designer bags but maybe they are gifts or she just saves up to buy them. She claims she does free lance work so that helps bring in more money than YT. However, it is also possible that her family or his family is wealthy and they benefit from that. And there isn't really anything wrong with that IMO.

I do, however, get annoyed that she all she talks about is crap that is given to her or that's sponsored. She's just another Jaclyn Hill but without the OTT, obnoxious attitude. I don't find her very genuine or trustworthy in her opinions.

I've from the area they live and it's a pricy county to live in. Not saying their rich, my family definitely isn't, but their condo at least costs $125k. They're living comfortably for sure.

OT but I hope I quoted correctly!

izzy
Learner
Learner

Post by izzy »

chriskeller wrote:
izzy wrote:I don't know if I'd consider her rich. Yeah they have a super nice house at a somewhat young age but they live in Tennessee which has super low housing prices for what you get. Same deal as Casey Holmes since Georgia also has super low housing prices. And yeah she might be flaunting designer bags but maybe they are gifts or she just saves up to buy them. She claims she does free lance work so that helps bring in more money than YT. However, it is also possible that her family or his family is wealthy and they benefit from that. And there isn't really anything wrong with that IMO.

I've from the area they live and it's a pricy county to live in. Not saying their rich, my family definitely isn't, but their condo at least costs $125k. They're living comfortably for sure.

OT but I hope I quoted correctly!
Don't worry, you did quote that correctly lol. Trust me, paying $125K for a condo is definitely living comfortably, but not really anywhere near "rich". Unfortunately, that's not gonna get you much in my area (mainly due to the military overinflating everything). There are definitely parts of Tennessee that have higher prices than others, but overall it has a cheaper housing market...at least where all my family lives.

rosylittlegirl
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rosylittlegirl »

GossipTalk wrote:You aren't rich if you're only making $250k, especially if it's a combined income. You're clearly jealous of her and her life.
Clearly you live in a well off area if you think that's not very much. In my area, making $250k a year is a lot, and average is about 30k. And, no, I am not jealous of her in the slightest. That's not the point of this post. She is obviously well off compared to a lot of people, as I know I am as well and I am thankful for every day, and it's something my husband and I work for very hard. Not liking someone because they seem extremely fake isn't the same as being jealous. And I'm sorry if I came across as bragging, as I was simply making a point that in my region I am probably considered very well off. It all varies on region. It all depends on what you were raised with thinking as rich or well off. Making even 1 million a year where I grew up and still live is unheard of and considered extremely rich. Just a fact most people around here probably consider me rich or well off, both meaning the same thing in most people's minds.

Just wondering... Does your name start with A and end with lexandrea? Just curious. Seems like it's either her or one of her super fans.

GossipTalk
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by GossipTalk »

rosylittlegirl wrote:
GossipTalk wrote:You aren't rich if you're only making $250k, especially if it's a combined income. You're clearly jealous of her and her life.
Clearly you live in a well off area if you think that's not very much. In my area, making $250k a year is a lot, and average is about 30k. And, no, I am not jealous of her in the slightest. That's not the point of this post. She is obviously well off compared to a lot of people, as I know I am as well and I am thankful for every day, and it's something my husband and I work for very hard. Not liking someone because they seem extremely fake isn't the same as being jealous. And I'm sorry if I came across as bragging, as I was simply making a point that in my region I am probably considered very well off. It all varies on region. It all depends on what you were raised with thinking as rich or well off. Making even 1 million a year where I grew up and still live is unheard of and considered extremely rich. Just a fact most people around here probably consider me rich or well off, both meaning the same thing in most people's minds.

Just wondering... Does your name start with A and end with lexandrea? Just curious. Seems like it's either her or one of her super fans.

No, I'm not a super fan or her. Most don't talk about their own income unless they are trying to brag about it. I personally don't care what people own. I watch YT for ideas and leads to great beauty products. I do my own due-diligence on products and go from there. I don't understand how people can criticize YTers when it's a choice to subscribe and hit the play button? If you don't like her, why watch her or any other you don't like for that matter? Have you heard of the unsubscribe button? It's silly to trust others reviews. It would be wise to research it yourself instead of rely on a YTer. I personally unsubscribe if I no longer like the content. Bashing only shows envy and talking about income is silly. These YTers are working and just like Matthew McConaughey.....do you think he only drives a Lincoln? I've seen Cindy Crawford wearing a Cartier watch, yet she promotes Omega watches. Endorsements and sponsors are part of the job. People need to live and let live.

theone
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by theone »

GossipTalk wrote:
rosylittlegirl wrote:

No, I'm not a super fan or her. Most don't talk about their own income unless they are trying to brag about it. I personally don't care what people own. I watch YT for ideas and leads to great beauty products. I do my own due-diligence on products and go from there. I don't understand how people can criticize YTers when it's a choice to subscribe and hit the play button? If you don't like her, why watch her or any other you don't like for that matter? Have you heard of the unsubscribe button? It's silly to trust others reviews. It would be wise to research it yourself instead of rely on a YTer. I personally unsubscribe if I no longer like the content. Bashing only shows envy and talking about income is silly. These YTers are working and just like Matthew McConaughey.....do you think he only drives a Lincoln? I've seen Cindy Crawford wearing a Cartier watch, yet she promotes Omega watches. Endorsements and sponsors are part of the job. People need to live and let live.

uh, the unsubscribe button? What do you think the whole point of this site is? It's a gossip site. Telling someone on this site to just unsubscribe if you don't like her, you need to be in the rave section sweetie. Why are you even here??? just lurking I guess....... :rofl:

rosylittlegirl
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rosylittlegirl »

GossipTalk wrote:
rosylittlegirl wrote:

Lol the ENTIRE point of my posting my monetary status was to say that even with that amount I don't go around buying $1k purses and that she must be getting a lot of money from somewhere, probably her parents since they are well off as well, or her fiance has some kind of super job. Also the point was to say that no, I have nothing against wealthy people, and that I'm wondering where she gets all her money from when most people her age are nowhere near the point in life she is. Point missed I guess. But I'm bragging about what exactly? About living an entirely mediocre life and being frugal? Hmm. And you seemed very defensive to not even be a fan of hers, considering it was your only post and you seemingly joined JUST to defend her and call me jealous.

rosylittlegirl
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rosylittlegirl »

uh, the unsubscribe button? What do you think the whole point of this site is? It's a gossip site. Telling someone on this site to just unsubscribe if you don't like her, you need to be in the rave section sweetie. Why are you even here??? just lurking I guess....... :rofl:
Exactly lol. We are on the trash a guru section. That's exactly what I was doing. How am I the one being made to look I'm out of my element? :rofl:

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

I gotta admit--and I'm not the biggest fan of this girl--that, if it's true that she's living in a condo in TN for around 100k, it does seem kind of ridiculous to harp on her for being "rich." In what world is living in 100 thousand dollar housing considered wealthy (in the US at least)? I mean, the average price of a home where I live is like 300k, and I'm in Texas, which doesn't have a particularly high cost of living.

gossip_girl1
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by gossip_girl1 »

I had to make an account on here to chime in. I really used to enjoy her videos but I honestly can't stand how high end her taste is. I think 250k is quite a large income! I do not think they could possibly be making anything close to that. I think they're a. getting help or b. living on credit. It almost seems like reckless spending. I mean her workout wear was like $300 worth of lululemon. It's just like seriously does she have priorities? I'm surprised her fiance doesn't say anything about it and is okay with all her spending. Saying she was ready to spend 8k on a couch?... I mean come on. I can't imagine she makes all that much from YT. I'm sure they are getting plenty of help from mom and dad..

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

What did everyone think of her house tour? I think it looks cute, but she clearly spent some major bank buying all new things. The tour proved my hunch once more that she is very type A. Everything has to be just so and she even started buying things for her future house years ago!

ItsTragicsLife
Informer
Informer

Alexandrea Garza

Post by ItsTragicsLife »

I lost respect for her after her spring haul... The groupon box that every other YouTuber was sent was made to sound like, she picked those things out. The wording really irked me, other you tubers took an unboximg approach to the gifts that groupon sent. They pulled things out of the box and were honest about never having heard of the brands while Alex decided she would pretend she hand picked the items because she really loved them and wanted them and had heard great things about them. She ruined her credibility imo. Yes there was a disclaimer in the box, but the wording in the video wasn't honest...If you watch re watch knowing that she didn't get to pick the items, you wonder why she states that she did? Anyone else catch that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theone
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by theone »

gossip_girl1 wrote:I had to make an account on here to chime in. I really used to enjoy her videos but I honestly can't stand how high end her taste is. I think 250k is quite a large income! I do not think they could possibly be making anything close to that. I think they're a. getting help or b. living on credit. It almost seems like reckless spending. I mean her workout wear was like $300 worth of lululemon. It's just like seriously does she have priorities? I'm surprised her fiance doesn't say anything about it and is okay with all her spending. Saying she was ready to spend 8k on a couch?... I mean come on. I can't imagine she makes all that much from YT. I'm sure they are getting plenty of help from mom and dad..
My husband and I have a very good income and we would never spend $8000 on a couch. Either her parents are helping them or her new hubby has a great job, either way I think $8000 for a couch (especially for newlyweds) is a lot.

lexibean
Talker
Talker

Post by lexibean »

They have got to be getting help from their parents. Even if her fiance has a good job, he is around what 23? So fresh out of college without any experience other than possible internships. I'm assuming he went to college with all of the Michigan State gear he wears in videos. I can't imagine him making over 60k? Even that seems generous for entry level. Alex seems to be getting more popular, but can't be making THAT much from YT yet.

As for the 8,000 couch, I find it absolutely ridiculous. But she seems to want the nicest of everything. The workout gear haul really turned me off. I could never imagine spending that much just to be perfectly matched when I'm sweating my ass off. Then again, I don't get the Lulu Lemon obsession..

gossip_girl1
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by gossip_girl1 »

I agree. I think she talks a big game and wants people to think they're more well off than they are. Anyone who has half a brain knows they aren't raking in that much. Even on the off chance they are, they really need to be saving money instead of buying ridiculous name brand stuff all the time. Anyone else notice how she claims to be a super catholic yet lives with her fiance before they're married. In the beginning she was all like "oh we're definitely waiting until marriage blah blah" and now look at her. I used to love her videos, now she drives me insane.
Also - all these trips she goes on. "Spring break" really.. she didn't even go to college and doesn't have kids the whole spring break thing is just weird. How she pays for all this I have no idea. I'm guessing mom and dad.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Has anyone seen her sister in the vlogs? They look SO much alike!

Return to “Alexandrea Garza”