RETIRED MODERATOR

ajlinda
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheNotSoOrdinaryWife Part 4

Post by ajlinda »

Just watched ocd much? Jan video where she just passed 3,000 subs. Not bad for only being around like 3 months. But, Jaime golden goddess?? lol :rofl:

slytherin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by slytherin »

These women are delusional lol.
Did anyone watch her decorating on budget video? I couldn't bring myself to click on it.

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz »

^^^ you didnt miss ANYTHING!...she shows her new comforter that she got on a discounted price and reminds us that she is STILL going to get a new bed (they were ALREADY supposed to have that months ago for christmas)...then she shows us her window where she added some crtains that dont match her room that she supposedly dug out of the bowls of her hoarded closet. and because she just couldnt cut the vid off at 2 tips she throws in a 3rd shitty one about rearranging what you have and looks like she just threw a bunch of random shit onto her night stand and called it a day...guess she couldnt disappoint the person who ASKED HER to do the collab

ajlinda
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ajlinda »

Has she brought up the bed thing recently, not the vid you were talking about? You guys mentioned a few times here that she never bought it. One more thing she read here and talked about on the videos. lol. I've seen at least 3 OCDmuch? vids where Amy talks about Jaime's videos. I"m like, don't send your viewers to her!!! I shouldn't care about this, :| :| :|

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz »

I think the firsttime she mentioned the bed was either in a financial vid or maybe it was in that stocking vid but as far as i know i dont think she has mentioned it again until this decor vid...but when she first mentioned it she said they were supposed to get it as a christmas gift instead of actual gifts

but she has yet to get it and mentions in that decor vid that they are still planning on getting one but my guess is she cant afford shit and just threw in that they are still planning on getting one bc she knew it would be brought up if she showed her bed again.

bbgorilla
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by bbgorilla »

I watch a few others who did the collab (mysocalledhome and organizedclutterbug) and the difference between Jamie's video and thier videos was crazy. Those two women are so put together. Their spaces were decorated nicely. Not just thrown together with random crap they pulled out of their hoard. They took the time and thought out what they were doing in the rooms. Matched colors. Spent money where it was needed. They also showed their rooms while they were talking. Jamie showed snippets, but you couldn't get a feel for what her room actually looked like and how it flowed. She never showed a full view of anything. Just up close shots of stupid baskets, mirrors, and her ugly comforter and pillows. Her video, compared to the others, was disjointed and sloppy, like so many other things she does.

I'd just like to rant about her new bedding for a minute. I didn't think plain white bedding could look tacky, but jamie has accomplished that. When I think of an all white scheme I think luxury. Like Elle Fowler's old bedding when she lived with Blair. The white accent pillows look cheap and thin. Not welcoming. The blue plaid pillows in the back (I know they go with the sheets) make it look even cheaper. Something about the pattern looks sparse to me. Idk. She should look in to getting some nice white pillow cases, even in flannel if she so pleases, to make them blend in more. Looking thru Google images for luxurious white bedding made me realize that she needs more texture and "poof" if that makes sense. That gray, cheap ass blanket (someone gave that to her for their wedding???) is gross looking and adds nothing. She need something with more volume (that's the word lol) and texture. I feel like she has an idea in her head of what she wants, but just doesn't know how to execute it. That or she has many ideas in her head and doesn't know what to do first. I'm totally the latter right now with the new house and trying to do grown up decorating. So many ideas!

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz »

^^ lol, i think jamies apt/decor is a prime representation of her personality/life so im not surprised her decor/apt looks cheap ass/boring/bland/stale/old.

Bargain hunting can be fun and you can find many great things that go along with what you have in your home but jamies whole apt looks like she just grabs whatever goodwill has to offer that day and chunks it down in her apt wherever there is an open spot. You don't have to have a lot of money to decorate nicely and honestly you dont even need a lot of ceativity...ive seen plain apts look more pulled together and fresh than hers.

I agree that the white bedding COULD look nice and go well in her apt but her execution is horrendous. maybe she should post on SM what kind of theme or style she is going for and let her minions and "haters" steer her in the direction of something that would work nicely,,

and yeah her vid execution blows as usual she is so half assed it isnt even funny

ajlinda
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ajlinda »

Having no style and no money is a bad combo. She watches do it on a dime, I guess she hasn't picked up any decorating tips. When people shop at Goodwill they generally look for high-end items for cheap prices. Jaime must not know that.

JeniferLouise
Learner
Learner

Post by JeniferLouise »

One of the problems i have with her bedding is that comforter's like those are meant to be inside of a duvet cover. They're really not intended to stand alone. That's why it looks so basic. It also makes it easier to clean, you can just clean the duvet once or twice a month, and the comforter itself can be cleaned once a year. I haven't used a traditional comforter in years simply because they're so hard to clean!

Honorary Melissa
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Honorary Melissa »

I think OCD Much? thinks Jamie is some "we just got married and just graduated college and are just starting out in our first apartment!" type vlogger or something. But Jamie pretends Colby makes $60K or more and they live frugally so they can save 80% of his income so they can buy a house in cash and start a family debt free or whatever.

bbgorilla
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by bbgorilla »

Why all the talk about the ocd lady lately? She doesn't come across any better than jamie. I'm watching her car clean out and omg it's so grimy. Her food isn't much better than Jamie's either.

JeniferLouise wrote:One of the problems i have with her bedding is that comforter's like those are meant to be inside of a duvet cover. They're really not intended to stand alone. That's why it looks so basic. It also makes it easier to clean, you can just clean the duvet once or twice a month, and the comforter itself can be cleaned once a year. I haven't used a traditional comforter in years simply because they're so hard to clean!
Yea, that's another bothersome thing about their new bedding. I don't think she even realizes that is what it is for.

muttcake
Informer
Informer

Post by muttcake »

bbgorilla wrote:Why all the talk about the ocd lady lately? She doesn't come across any better than jamie. I'm watching her car clean out and omg it's so grimy. Her food isn't much better than Jamie's either.
Ikr. I saw that video too and wanted to cry. She is another loon and her screeching kids are annoying. And I don't like the name she chose for YT. Say what she will, I don't think it's cute or appropriate.

And I do not care for Glitter and Groceries, but she and her husband just bought their first home. According to her channel, she is twenty-two? I bet Jamie is seething. ;p

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz »

never heard of the ocd chick..i guess i'll binge watch when i get home while cooking dinner..if her vids are any good...

glitter and groceries is boring...i liked her vids for like 2 secs...her vlogs seem more entertaining during the summer but i really havent watched anything of hers since this past summer..too boring

ajlinda
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ajlinda »

I mentioned OCD because she seems to like Jaime. I was trying to figure out why she thinks like that when you guys think Jaime is a little short in the IQ dept. :D Amy (OCD) has a more engaging peronality. I didn't see her car vid but that sounds out of character for her since her favorite thing to do is smell pinesol and wander the claning aisles at Target, lol. Someone complained that she shouldn't have used OCD as her channel name and Amy apologised pretty sincerely. She said it's like a family "joke". I guess he family must have called her that a lot. And yes, omg, he 3 yr. old interrupting. :roll: She should pause the video when he does that instead of stopping mid-sentence and engaging him.

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz »

i watched a vid and a half of the ocd chick (while prepping dinner so kind of bg noise) but she definitely has more personality than jamie....and maybe a tiny bit more of a life...my guess is that she also doesnt have friends and since she seems to be giving off a more "younger" vibe she wants to buddy up with jamie who is of the younger crowd/less intimidating of the "house wife" niche

To me...all of them are boring...make unnecessary vids bc they are bored with no life and are basically stale. i liked happilyahousewife for a hot minute for her organization vids and such bc she actually puts thought into them and makes a good "presentation" but her personality and life is just too boring/stale for me...Doitonadime's vids are too short/rushed for my tastes bt she does have a more interesting personality...is there a housewife out there with friends and a life?

its like if you watch the YT housewife community you get the impression that once you get married and/or have kids you have to give up all your friends/hobbies/trips/life and then just sit around your house doing nothing but making vids about asinine shit like management binders and 600 folders and envelopes about shit that doesnt really require much thought beyond a couple days out of the year. I do like that some of them actually care about their health/nutrition and the health/nutrition of their families though.

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

xyz wrote:i watched a vid and a half of the ocd chick (while prepping dinner so kind of bg noise) but she definitely has more personality than jamie....and maybe a tiny bit more of a life...my guess is that she also doesnt have friends and since she seems to be giving off a more "younger" vibe she wants to buddy up with jamie who is of the younger crowd/less intimidating of the "house wife" niche

To me...all of them are boring...make unnecessary vids bc they are bored with no life and are basically stale. i liked happilyahousewife for a hot minute for her organization vids and such bc she actually puts thought into them and makes a good "presentation" but her personality and life is just too boring/stale for me...Doitonadime's vids are too short/rushed for my tastes bt she does have a more interesting personality...is there a housewife out there with friends and a life?

its like if you watch the YT housewife community you get the impression that once you get married and/or have kids you have to give up all your friends/hobbies/trips/life and then just sit around your house doing nothing but making vids about asinine shit like management binders and 600 folders and envelopes about shit that doesnt really require much thought beyond a couple days out of the year. I do like that some of them actually care about their health/nutrition and the health/nutrition of their families though.
It is odd how so many of those housewife YTers really don't seem to have any friends and no hobbies/interests that don't relate to the home. The household binders baffle me, especially the cleaning schedules. How bad is your memory if you cannot remember when a room needs cleaning? Unless you live in Downton Abbey you don't need a cleaning schedule!

Jamie's decor video was worse that I thought it would be. She had picked up some nice bits at thrift stores before so I had expected too much from this video. I don't always like AtHomeWithNikki, but she does know how to makeover a room cheaply. When she did the stepdaughter's room makeover it looked so luxurious, yet so many of the items were from sales or cheap stores.

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz »

Yeah all of my friends who have children and/or married have jobs and active social lives..ive never been ditched with the line "i am married you dont understand" or " I have kids you dont understand" and then they proceed to lock themselves up in their homes. Sure, their kids get sick or whatnot sometimes and they have to leave early or what have you but they all have lives and none of them have the 500 binders, planners and all that shit. The daddies watch the kids so mommy can go out with aunt XYZ to the bar and have a drink every once in awhile after work, lay out in the summers etc and of course i come over and just spend time helping with the kids and cooking/cleaning.

yes the cleaning schedules, the 50 calendars for every mundane thing, the whole home management binder, etc. etc is insanely ridiculous for someone who sits around in their homes 24/7

im pretty sure jamie's angle was to spend NOTHING...probably because she didnt have money to spend, not bc she was trying to be frugal. I am also sure that jamie is probably the most boring/lame of the housewife "niche"

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DipDipDipMyBlueShip »

New Financial Friday video

[youtube][/youtube]

(it's able to be embedded this time)
RETIRED MODERATOR

bbgorilla
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by bbgorilla »

That video is out of focus the entire time. Does she really not see that? She has a nice camera and still puts out shitty quality videos. She needs to take a class (online or irl) and read the manual that came with it.

Is that the coral lipstick someone was saying that she needs to throw away? It's such a weird color on her.

"It might be a little cheaper at the bulk food store or it might be a little cheaper." She must not think out the things she says before filming and just turns on the camera.

Tip 1 and 2 were the same tip. Just worded differently.

She says bulk weirdly.

That was a really stupid video. I can't even handle how dumb her videos are getting lately.
ajlinda wrote:I mentioned OCD because she seems to like Jaime. I was trying to figure out why she thinks like that when you guys think Jaime is a little short in the IQ dept. :D Amy (OCD) has a more engaging peronality. I didn't see her car vid but that sounds out of character for her since her favorite thing to do is smell pinesol and wander the claning aisles at Target, lol. Someone complained that she shouldn't have used OCD as her channel name and Amy apologised pretty sincerely. She said it's like a family "joke". I guess he family must have called her that a lot. And yes, omg, he 3 yr. old interrupting. :roll: She should pause the video when he does that instead of stopping mid-sentence and engaging him.
I think Amy just likes talking about cleaning and not actually cleaning. She let her children throw their juice boxes (waste of money btw for someone who is trying to budget their money as "tightly" as she says she is) and food wrappers on the floor of her van. I'm not even going to front and say that my car is spotless, but I don't have a ton of food items discarded everywhere like that. There was a disgusting sticky spot on the center console that made me want to take a clorox wipe to it. Here's the link to the video so you can see for yourself:

[youtube][/youtube]

Oh, and her thumbs really freak me out...
(I'm a bitch. I know this already)

Return to “Jamie's Simple Life”