Temptalia Part 2

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Temptalia Part 2

Post by qwerty888 »

I swear, it's getting worse every time I see her.

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by fiercelyprivate »

What happened to her face?? I can tell she's gained a lot of weight but that's not just it...where did her top lip go??

ColdHeartedBitch
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ColdHeartedBitch »

fiercelyprivate wrote:What happened to her face?? I can tell she's gained a lot of weight but that's not just it...where did her top lip go??
:rofl: :rofl: She chewed it up in a fit of uncontrollable hunger
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.

CassieAnne
Informer
Informer

Post by CassieAnne »

I don't take her reviews seriously, I will read them for the descriptions of the products (like color breakdown and such) though. That's useful. She's really built a brand though, so people go to her site to read her thoughts. She doesn't have to be the first with the products anymore.

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

So i got notification that the site's design was updated and i took a look since i haven't been there forever. In general i find the site a little confusing and crowded based on how much info is packed in a post (review, charts, dupes, pics...). It got just a tiny bit better

Anyways, i could barely recognize her! I agree, every time i come back after some months, she looks worse and her makeup looks more clownish. Mostly she would slap bizarre colors on her face and when i see it, i don't want to buy the product no matter how good it is.

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

I just went on her site and got assaulted by the insane amount of ads. :o It doesn't even look like a site anymore - it's just a collection of ads. :? She must be getting desperate, because, damn, less is more! I checked to see her Alexa rank and unsurprisingly, it's WAY down. Bye, bye, Temptalia. You're not relevant anymore at all.

noshant
Talker
Talker

Post by noshant »

Kinda hate the new page design. Actually I think I just really dislike the new temptalia logo.

Over Christmas I realised just how badly lit her swatch photos are, since I never really noticed the lighting before. I wanted to order my mum a Nars Audacious lipstick and went for the shade Fanny. It's a lot darker in real life than in her photos. I actually had to check that the lipstick in the box had the same label. I only ever go to Temptalia for swatches and reviews, and I will carry on doing that probably since no one else does their swatches and reviews in such an organised way, but I sure do wish she took photos that are true to colour.

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

noshant wrote:Kinda hate the new page design. Actually I think I just really dislike the new temptalia logo.

Over Christmas I realised just how badly lit her swatch photos are, since I never really noticed the lighting before. I wanted to order my mum a Nars Audacious lipstick and went for the shade Fanny. It's a lot darker in real life than in her photos. I actually had to check that the lipstick in the box had the same label. I only ever go to Temptalia for swatches and reviews, and I will carry on doing that probably since no one else does their swatches and reviews in such an organised way, but I sure do wish she took photos that are true to colour.
You are SO right. Most of pics are so blown out and overexposed. I never rely on her pic alone. Karen from makeupandbeautyblog has way bettter pics. Now, i do makeup pics myself and it is not easy to have good crisp pics with accurate color maintained. But that is her job. It looks like she spends same time on her product pics as on her makeup application: minimal

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

qwerty888 wrote:Does anyone have any guesses as to how much she makes? It must be around a million a year.
No way she makes that much.

CheriBeriBem
Informer
Informer

Post by CheriBeriBem »

:? I've seen someone on another website calling her "president of makeup" puhhhh-lezzzzz, she can't even take proper photos of her swatches, I used to go to her website for swatches but they're always much darker in person! And what's with that facial expression! :roll:

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

smashthebox wrote:
qwerty888 wrote:Does anyone have any guesses as to how much she makes? It must be around a million a year.
No, she totally can be making this much. Look how many ads she has. She has custom campaigns that can pay her thousands a month in addition to *thousands* of dollars she is making through affiliate links.

hollywould
Learner
Learner

Post by hollywould »

Just wanted to leave this here LOL

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

starviolet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by starviolet »

I don't really follow her blog much anymore, but an old lipstick swatch I have saved on my computer is SO different from the colour her review shows it to be on her website. Is it my computer (which as far as I know, is all good) or is it her website with all the changes she's made? It's the exact same picture. All other swatches in general that I've compared seem to have gone lighter... weird.

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

qwerty888 wrote:
smashthebox wrote:
No, she totally can be making this much. Look how many ads she has. She has custom campaigns that can pay her thousands a month in addition to *thousands* of dollars she is making through affiliate links.
How do you know that she makes that though? Just assuming.

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

Not assuming. Check out income reports of some popular sites and you'll see what I mean.

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

Is this girl still relevant? :?

PossessedSparkles
Lurker
Lurker

Post by PossessedSparkles »

qwerty888 wrote:Is this girl still relevant? :?

Can't she take a more flattering photo? :?

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

Her full face photos are always so unflattering, and her face always looks the same in them. Has Christine gained weight over the past few years too? I don't remember her face being so full.

Faffy
Debater
Debater

Post by Faffy »

Is she still a big name in the makeup community?? She barely gets comments on her posts anymore

ColdHeartedBitch
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ColdHeartedBitch »

Faffy wrote:Is she still a big name in the makeup community?? She barely gets comments on her posts anymore
She's almost irrelevant, she's not even getting sent a lot of the collections and collab stuff from companies anymore. Regardless, we need to talk about her, I was combing through some of her previous articles and homegirl is straight up delusional.

She denies it, but I think she's had work done and it's making her look bizarre. She was asked about her face looking different in her comment section and she tried convincing the poster that she has a familial condition. It might be weight gain but either way, she looks really bizarre now. Her attitude has certainly stayed the same, she's still rude, lol. I found an article she did about foundations that didn't work for her. It has always baffled me how she tries to convince everyone and herself about how fair she thinks she is. She thinks she's has light barely medium skintone with pink undertones. Like really, Christine? She also said that people are amazed when they find out she's half Vietnamese and they usually mistake her for being full German/Swiss. She also said she has hazel leaning green eyes. Umm no, you have brown eyes. I wonder why she hates her Vietnamese side so much that she has always tried to downplay it. I found some old videos of her wherein she's using MAC NC20 and NC25 when she's clearly an NC40. She has the same syndrome as Jaclyn Hill but whereas Jaclyn tries to convince everyone that she's a medium to dark olive/golden tone, Christine tries to convince everyone that she's fair skinned with pink/peachy tones. And they both use massive lights to make themselves look flawless. So weird.
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.

Return to “Temptalia”