Sunbeamsjess

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Sunbeamsjess

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

Looks like from her insta story she's either going to get a new tattoo soon or she's getting a new tattoo today :D

Keen to see what it looks like. Damn I wish I had the money to get tattooed by these amazing people in London.

Hopefully she'll vlog it a bit and we can see some behind the scenes

coer
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by coer »

Idk, people have gotten too used to "career youtubers" and get mad that Jess isn't that. I've been watching her since 2013? I think and she has not changed much at all besides her quality of production. Also, I really hope she and Zak are okay, and they're both just really busy. I like her because she doesn't needlessly stretch her videos past the 10 minute mark for adsense revenue or stage something exciting for no reason. I honestly really love her revision vlogs because it inspires me to be more productive. :?

LivingInElysium
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by LivingInElysium »

Honestly, I think Zak just isn't in her vids now cuz he's busy with work. In the past couple years, whenever they've been together has been when she was visiting him in Manchester, or he was visiting her in Edinburgh. In those situations, they'd be more likely to do things together or go out.
Should've. Would've. Could've. Should of. Would of. Could of. Should have. Would have. Could have.

ImageImage

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Really looking forward to vlogmas! I genuinley really like Jess and think she is a clever and pleasant person (unusual on YT) so I enjoy getting an insight into her life. Also she is cool as fuck.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Maybe I'm talking to myself but has anyone checked out her new blog?

shmeeble
Debater
Debater

Post by shmeeble »

horatio wrote:Maybe I'm talking to myself but has anyone checked out her new blog?
I really like the design and am pleased she put up a few posts before putting it live!
:tu:

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

shmeeble wrote:
horatio wrote:Maybe I'm talking to myself but has anyone checked out her new blog?
I really like the design and am pleased she put up a few posts before putting it live!
There are a good few yeah ! I wondered for a second if it had been up for a while and I just missed it.

I really enjoyed reading the post about her university experience . Its very in depth and was interesting to hear her reflect on it like that , and admit to things like being unhappy in first year and skipping a lot of classses which is pretty common but is the kind of thing that gets glossed over. Really glad she did that. I also could relate to quite a lot of it.

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

It was so interesting to read! Especially because I feel like we really didn't see at all what was going on behind the scenes.

I like that she's exploring blog writing more. It makes a lot of sense for her. And the design is far better than most bloggers I read already.

I hope she's doing alright. I know for sure that she definitely used to read her GG thread because she felt like she could get some feedback from it. But now i'm not sure what feedback she can get from people telling her to just quit?

Odd that there are so many truly awful youtubers who's behaviour indicates that theyre also terrible people but they don't get a kind of "consensus" that they should give up.

I knew this kind of thing would happen though when she got more subscribers.

Post by Guest »

Writing a blog definitely makes way more sense for Jess. Less hassle involved and writing is what she does so hopefully she keeps it going. I was thinking she was going to leave YouTube soon and we’d never hear from her again so this is a better alternative :rofl:

nudelipstick
Informer
Informer

Post by nudelipstick »

She didn’t really do a full vlogtober and vlogmas is going to be choppy as well, which she has already explained will be the case but people are still frustrated and wondering why she’s not uploading anyway. I just don’t understand why people just can’t accept that she’s busy focusing on her masters. I don’t understand why people have to take it to so personally.
Just another pathetic, jealous h8r | I'm not really a bitch all the time. You just don't like when I call you out on your bullshit... all the time

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

I also really don't care that when she does upload quite often it's an ad. But people get so triggered by it! Just don't buy the thing?

They say stuff like it's not like she needs the money but if she were to only live off her mum for the rest of her life that wouldn't be great either

LivingInElysium
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by LivingInElysium »

Jess seriously just cannot win over on the trash thread. She doesn't upload, they bitch. She uploads, they bitch about it being boring. WTF do they want?
Should've. Would've. Could've. Should of. Would of. Could of. Should have. Would have. Could have.

ImageImage

nudelipstick
Informer
Informer

Post by nudelipstick »

I went back to her old vlogtobers and vlogmas videos (2013/2014) to try to understand where some people were coming from. The thing is that it seemed like she would talk about what she’s done rather than actually show it back then, so it’s not exactly a new habit to be irritated by. Just seems like she’s always had a laidback approach to vlogging.

I think some people are just hate-watching her, which I guess is fair enough as this is gg and all but it’s a bit daft going after a YouTuber who isn’t exactly problematic.
Just another pathetic, jealous h8r | I'm not really a bitch all the time. You just don't like when I call you out on your bullshit... all the time

me_cago_en_todo
Learner
Learner

Post by me_cago_en_todo »

I absolutely love her vlogs and her personality and she's intelligent but this year has been different to others in my opinion. She seems sad and that's totally fine but you can tell she's not the same as in previous vlogtobers/vlogmas. She's always more of a tell than show kind of vlogger but at least it felt she wasn't bored out of her mind. The last two vlogs have been a bit better but you can tell there's something going on with her.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

I agree

Post by Guest »

I know it’s a tired subject but I finally looked at her festive party outfits and that room!!! :o

I so wish she’d shown more of the house in the vlogs. It is my total dream, her mums decor is just perfect.

puresoul
Learner
Learner

Post by puresoul »

I'm a big fan of Jess as well. Also, I don't mind when she happens to skip a day of uploading and then puts the footage from different days together in one vlog, no big deal. I saw someone mention that her wealth might make it a bit hard to relate to her, but somehow, despite that, I still find her completely relatable, I don't know, I guess it's because she's so chill & humble, she's not showing off in the videos.

gymkat13
Lurker
Lurker

Post by gymkat13 »

Jess has just continued to grow on me over the years, which is a rare thing for a youtuber! Maybe it's her Lit interest that sets her apart, and I always find her fashion interesting even if it's not something I would wear.

puresoul
Learner
Learner

Post by puresoul »

gymkat13 wrote:Jess has just continued to grow on me over the years, which is a rare thing for a youtuber! Maybe it's her Lit interest that sets her apart, and I always find her fashion interesting even if it's not something I would wear.
Yeah, I like the fact that she's well-read & also reads books that aren't new and popular YA books (a la John Green)...

Post by Guest »

She's great, love her look books.

Return to “Sunbeamjess”