MAC FOUNDATION FOR DRY SKIN

meow326
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

MAC FOUNDATION FOR DRY SKIN

Post by meow326 »

I need a medium foundation, can be light and buildable. im nc15 with dryyyy skin and redness on my cheeks. Ive tried mineralized moisture but it didnt set right on my face, but maybe i applied it in a bad way for my skin, it just sat on my skin and didnt blend well but id be willing to give it another shot. Would mineralized mosture or face and body be good? and ill set it on my nose with MSFN. Opinions?

cp24251
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Re: MAC FOUNDATION FOR DRY SKIN

Post by cp24251 »

Face and body foundation has NO coverage; but if that is not an issue for you, I'd say give it a try. Consistency of face and body foundation is very runny and would not accentuate the dry patches on face. I used to have very dry skin (now I have combination) and I used face and body foundation in the winter time.

Another thing to note about face and body…it has a rather unpleasant smell. Not fragrance, just very chemical-like. Keep that in mind and maybe try it out at your local MAC store :)

melissaglitters
Learner
Learner

Post by melissaglitters »

Have you ever tried studio sculpt? It has buildable coverage and it works wonders on my normal sometimes dry skin. If you use it with a beauty sponge it works best imo and gives a pretty natural finish. I think it would also be a good combo with the msfn. As for mineralized moisture or face & body I can't tell you much as I haven't used them myself. Good luck though :tu:

edensvensk
Learner
Learner

Post by edensvensk »

Gonna have to agree on Studio Sculpt. It's the only one of their foundations that I've used with my dry winter skin that didn't make it totally noticeable. I will warn you that the foundation does have a tendency to separate in the tube, so be sure to shake it before use every now and again or else the foundation will be uneven.

DontDanceWithDanger
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by DontDanceWithDanger »

MAC Studio Sculpt, face and body or Mac Mineralize Satin Finish works great with dry skin :)

OutWithIt
Informer
Informer

Post by OutWithIt »

I personally prefer my Studio Fix foundation whether I am oily, normal,or dry, but I am biased. Haha I have been using it for years and years, and have learned how to work with it to suit my current skin type. It does have great coverage. I would say it's medium to full coverage. I often don't need to powder after I apply it, especially when I am using it by itself. I get a good 6+ hours wear out of it before it starts breaking down and I need a touch up. I agree with the others above, Studio Sculpt is good and mineralize is nice too, I have tried them both. I generally always try to exfoliate, moisturizer and prime well beforehand which helps a lot. When I am super dry, I will cut my foundation with moisturizer to prevent flaking. Yes, that makes it more sheer but I make up for it with concealer if I need to. I will also add a liquid luminizer to it which also gives me a dewy and skin-like look I love. Hope this helps. Not sure if you already got your answer. If ya did, I would love to know what you picked and how it is working out for you. :love2:

Anon25
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Anon25 »

Studio sculpt!

Return to “MAC”