SprinkleofGlitter/Louise Part 3!

katesmcgates
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SprinkleofGlitter/Louise Part 3!

Post by katesmcgates »

I think Louise's board is the only Trash section where you get criticised for actually saying something slightly negative!
The difference is you're trashing her on something that is completely untrue and irrelevant to reality. It's not negative critsism she needs to work on. Darcy and Louise have one of the best mother-daughter relationships and her and Matt are clearly very much in love. Louise is one of the few select Youtubers who wouldn't show a false reality of her life, if things were really going bad between any member of her family, she would stop making videos.

CaroG1282
Debater
Debater

Post by CaroG1282 »

katesmcgates wrote: Louise is one of the few select Youtubers who wouldn't show a false reality of her life, if things were really going bad between any member of her family, she would stop making videos.
I'm not going to touch the parenting debate, but I do think this point is incorrect.

I think Louise would 100% show a false reality of her life, and in fact has said in her 2014 wrap up on her blog that she wants her Sprinkle of Glitter world or whatever to be a place of happiness and positivity. While I believe it was true at one point that she wouldn't show her viewers a false reality of her life, I think she's realized that is not going to bring in the viewers and the $$$ and she does glam it up for the cameras.

And I also think its a little bit naive to believe that she would stop making videos if there was anything going "bad" with any member of her family. The last 6 months or so have proven that despite any mega emotional stuff she's dealing with (which we all know she has mentioned on almost a weekly basis since August), she is going to continue filming. At this point, she doesn't have a choice. Matt doesn't have a job and I doubt he'a making much money from his channel at the moment. Louise is the sole breadwinner and couldn't just stop filming even if something devastating happened (knock on wood), because she wouldn't be able to keep up her lifestyle or take care of her family without YouTube.

katesmcgates
Learner
Learner

Post by katesmcgates »

CaroG1282 wrote:
katesmcgates wrote: Louise is one of the few select Youtubers who wouldn't show a false reality of her life, if things were really going bad between any member of her family, she would stop making videos.
I'm not going to touch the parenting debate, but I do think this point is incorrect.

I think Louise would 100% show a false reality of her life, and in fact has said in her 2014 wrap up on her blog that she wants her Sprinkle of Glitter world or whatever to be a place of happiness and positivity. While I believe it was true at one point that she wouldn't show her viewers a false reality of her life, I think she's realized that is not going to bring in the viewers and the $$$ and she does glam it up for the cameras.

And I also think its a little bit naive to believe that she would stop making videos if there was anything going "bad" with any member of her family. The last 6 months or so have proven that despite any mega emotional stuff she's dealing with (which we all know she has mentioned on almost a weekly basis since August), she is going to continue filming. At this point, she doesn't have a choice. Matt doesn't have a job and I doubt he'a making much money from his channel at the moment. Louise is the sole breadwinner and couldn't just stop filming even if something devastating happened (knock on wood), because she wouldn't be able to keep up her lifestyle or take care of her family without YouTube.
Yes, you're right, I guess in some ways she wouldn't stop filming. You have good points. But really all I was trying to get state was, I really don't think Louise is capable of becoming a Youtuber that scams and is driven by materialistic reasons. I just think you have to give her more credit, I exaggerated, but that's all I really wanted to get across!

cdy

Post by cdy »

SunnyDays wrote: Have you ever tried filming a video with a toddler? Yeah, you'd lose patience too. Toddlers can be very difficult at times. Should she try staying more calm? Sure. But I can understand her having a vision for a video and it not coming together as she wants it to, because Darcy just does what she wants (which is completely normal for a toddler, ofcourse). Let's also not forget that Louise has stated feeling uncomfortable filming her actual family life, so that might also make those clips seem a bit strange/forced.
LOL im not even in this bad/good parenting debat.. but Louise have the most pathetic lazy videos on youtube, its just her seating there chatting to the camera which i supposed must take 30 min edited in like 8 (when its the more complicated one, dont even think about it Jack howard is behind all of them) she does these half ass things once every weeks and i supposed editing must take 2 hours (i do edit myself and the kind of one take louises make would take me 30 min to edit but i give her 2 hours since i supposed shes quite crap at it)

so just tell me how 3 hours of work every week is this supposed to make her lose soo much patience?! lol

cdy

Post by cdy »

Citrine wrote:
I'm sorry, this is getting a bit out of hand. You don't actually know what goes on when she is not filming and how her family dynamic actually is. Most people tend to loose patience at one point or another. Show me perfect parents? On the other hand there are examples of horrible parents so I find that this is totally nitpicking.
I just don't think randomly criticising someone's parenting skills is the right thing to do.
im sorry too but why shouldnt she criticise? "you dont actually know what goes on when she is not filming" lol the hypocrisy.. this could apply to every youtubers you have ever trashed on this website.. its not getting out of hand. Louise filmed her familly life for money and people are allowed to have an opinion on it. be it negative or positive.
ive read no one said here that she should be a perfect parent, just people pointing out what annoy them in her parenting style (which i may not agree with) but thats what this site is for.. im tired of this "everyone is the devil but Louise is the best mom youtube as ever had (like have you heard of collette butler!? yeah)and we shouldnt criticise her sprrinkle of glitter childish manners because she will never ever lie to us :rofl:

cdy

Post by cdy »

katesmcgates wrote: yes, you're right, I guess in some ways she wouldn't stop filming. You have good points. But really all I was trying to get state was, I really don't think Louise is capable of becoming a Youtuber that scams and is driven by materialistic reasons. I just think you have to give her more credit, I exaggerated, but that's all I really wanted to get across!
if Louise was the type of person you are talking about:

-she'd have stick to not film darcy for youtube as she said 3 years ago, but no she saw how much more views her videos get when Darcy is in them so she continuied with them
-she'd have told Dom (the CEO of gleam) that doing amity at the same time as SITC is greedy and she doesnt want to be associated with something like that
-she wouldnt charge 80£ for tweens to meet/hear her talk about mundain stuffs she already talk about in videos.
-and dont even get me started on how she exploited her "relationship" with jack for views purpose and disregarded the way her husband would have been perceved by her viewers.

so yes, i think Louise is as greedy as the majority of youtubers and a scam like all the gleambots.

youtubewatcher1
Informer
Informer

Post by youtubewatcher1 »

katesmcgates wrote:
I think Louise's board is the only Trash section where you get criticised for actually saying something slightly negative!
The difference is you're trashing her on something that is completely untrue and irrelevant to reality. It's not negative critsism she needs to work on. Darcy and Louise have one of the best mother-daughter relationships and her and Matt are clearly very much in love. Louise is one of the few select Youtubers who wouldn't show a false reality of her life, if things were really going bad between any member of her family, she would stop making videos.
Louise is that you? If not, how would you know. Give it a rest and move over to the "rave" section. :/

youtubewatcher1
Informer
Informer

Citrine wrote:
youtubewatcher1 wrote:I'm not saying Louise shouldn't have a career. It's absolutely fine. We're in 2015 now. What I feel is, her behavior with Darcy is put on for the cameras. She's lost her patience with caregiving. All of her projects with Darcy are rushed, and we see her losing patience, hurrying about, or editing it out.
You can show us one perspective of your life, but if you're showing us how you're being a mum, well then, spend time being a mum first. Not just for cameras.
I'm sorry, this is getting a bit out of hand. You don't actually know what goes on when she is not filming and how her family dynamic actually is. Most people tend to loose patience at one point or another. Show me perfect parents? On the other hand there are examples of horrible parents so I find that this is totally nitpicking.
I just don't think randomly criticising someone's parenting skills is the right thing to do.
This is the "trash" section isn't it?
And this doesn't have to do with her parenting, it has to do with her decision to use the child angle when suitable, and force the camera on family when suitable, and then neglect the family when suitable. There are others out there, who have children, who chose not to vlog them. If she's uncomfortable with that,,then she should leave it out. But, when she's vlogging it, it's gonna be an open forum for all to discuss.
Her footage with Darcy and Matt do seem forced. As does he flirting with other youtubers. She's trying to gain viewers using the mum angle, which unfortunately for her, doesn't come or seem natural.

Citrine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Citrine »

I don't disagree with her being greedy and some of the points cdy brought out are true. But yes, this did get down to criticising her parenting skills: "She's lost her patience with caregiving" and "spend time being a mum first" or what would you call this if you wish to play around with words?
"everyone is the devil but Louise is the best mom youtube as ever had (like have you heard of collette butler!? yeah)and we shouldnt criticise her sprrinkle of glitter childish manners because she will never ever lie to us
I have never said this. If you are arguing with me then try to keep up with what I actually wrote and don't pile on.

And the part where you pulled my sentence out of context and turned it on me was a smooth move, but still does not change my opinion. What I said was: "I just don't think randomly criticising someone's parenting skills is the right thing to do." and I stick by this thought. There are just some aspects where I find making things up based on assumptions is a bit wrong.

Everything depends on context so please don't assume that me having this type of opinion on this subject can be adapted universally to everything from now on. Yes, I do gossip and assume but in my head there is a line I try not to cross. It might not be the same line everyone has but it's one I try to stick to. Regarding this being a gossip forum and open for opinions that is just what I did - expressed mine. Take it, leave it - I have no power to stop you discussing this as you wish ;)

cdy

Post by cdy »

yeah im sorry Citrine
i quoted your post but that part wasnt about what you said. i just couldnt be bothered to multi-quote in my post.

wild_heart101
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wild_heart101 »

On the whole Darcy going to playgroup situation, my aunt sends my cousin to nursery because before she went her behaviour was getting too naughty. (Granted my aunt has a full time job) but since she's been going to nursery she has developed a lot more with her behaviour, her ability to interact with new people a lot more and she's generally become more aware of her surroundings. Maybe it might be a similar situation for Darcy?

I've also noticed how Louise tends to put words in Darcy's mouth a lot; like when she says 'do you think it's....' I mean I know she's a toddler but allow the kid to form a sentence on her own?

youtubewatcher1
Informer
Informer

SprinkleofGlitter/Louise Part 3!

^^thats correct I think. It's nice for Darcy to go to play group, where she has a structured environment and place to socialize. Nothing wrong in that. And re: Louise putting words in her mouth, that's part of my point. No patience.
Did you see vlogmas, where she wanted Darcy to do Xmas cards, and when she started doing it, Louise corrected her on what "she" wanted her to do. It's artwork. The whole point of the cards were that they were Darcy's creations. Wasn't it?
Of course footage was cut, and restarted when all cards were completed, and they looked a lot like Louise's handy work.

carriekelley
Informer
Informer

Post by carriekelley »

when louise was showing the christmas crafts i thought they'd be a cute idea, then she started moaning about darcy getting bored doing them - she's three of course she will bless. they looked really polished for a three year old and i have no doubt louise did most of the work and just guided darcy on sticking sequins and dotting glitter. not to mention they all looked practically the same. they would have been so much more personal if darcy had just gone to town on them herself.

han_han
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by han_han »

Someone asked her on tumblr why she's so friendly with Jack when he chats shit about Alfie and Amity fest! I like her response. Wayy too long for me to print screen and post on here though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaroG1282
Debater
Debater

Post by CaroG1282 »

From her tumblr (

Jesus Christ she is so passive aggressive and sensitive and annoying sometimes. I'm seriously running out of reasons to like her, which is so distressing because I seriously loved Louise last year.

"I am a girl with feelings." Bitch, no. You are a grown ass woman who has no control over her emotions. The ask wasn't even that rude. If the ask upset her, she should have ignored it and moved on.

heyheyheynow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by heyheyheynow »

wild_heart101 wrote:I've also noticed how Louise tends to put words in Darcy's mouth a lot; like when she says 'do you think it's....' I mean I know she's a toddler but allow the kid to form a sentence on her own?
I'm not going to comment further on the whole parenting/working thing because 2015, but I did notice that and it bugged me. Toddlers aren't very articulate but you have to give them a chance to try.

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

han_han wrote:Someone asked her on tumblr why she's so friendly with Jack when he chats shit about Alfie and Amity fest! I like her response. Wayy too long for me to print screen and post on here though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here you go!
Anonymous asked: I just don't see how you are friends with Jack. He loved a video that talked shit about Alfie by itsamemyleo. Did support Amity which you are a part of. But I guess I forgot he's perfect. Smh

Answer:
I feel very conflicted by your comment. Part of me thinks it best to ignore you and remind myself that I don’t need to defend or explain but the other part will enjoy helping you understand a situation because learning is growing and growth is positivity and that’s what I’m all about.
Jack Howard is one of my best friends. He is a special person in my life because he is kind and funny and caring and encouraging. He’s not the exact same as me, but we are incredibly similar in a great many ways.
Sometimes, we discover ways we are not the same. For example, we have different opinions on particular people or businesses or events. We both have strong ideas and ethics but sometimes we take a different stance on them.
In any relationship, there will be differences. The differences do not mean defeat or deterioration of a friendship, they just mean variety and potential discussion.
It is a mature and strong friendship that can master the art of understanding, accepting, appreciating and respecting each others differences.
There have been times when we have both been so wound up by each other’s differences that we’ve argued or cried or vented. But for every time we’ve done that, we’ve then calmed, talked, explained and educated and come out more rounded and understanding. It’s quite lovely really.
I know it can be hard to see how I could love someone so dearly who doesn’t love all the same things that I do, but that’s not why I love him. I love him for all the fun we have together and for the adventures I know we’ll have in the future and for the things we make and for the conversations we have and for the support he offers and for the growing he helps me do.
Yeah, he’s a (massive) dickhead sometimes but he’s one of my favourite dickheads.
I realise I’ve written quite the essay but I hope this will help you understand mine and Jack’s friendship but also encourage you to have more mature relationships in your own life that practice grace and tolerance <3 xxxx
It's a good one. But dammit, I'm amazed how she can walk the fine line between friendship and romance with Jack without falling over.

linzilou
Talker
Talker

Post by linzilou »

been locked out of my account for ages but has anyone noticed how she is referring to Darcy as a toddler still? the girl is 4 soon and will be going to school this year- she still gets pushed in her pushchair, has naps, and doesnt speak very clearly.
i can only compare her to my own girl who is a year older (although in a bilingual school so teaching is a bit different) and who hasnt napped or been in a pushchair since she was 2.
idk if maybe she doesnt want to run around after her or what but i think she is too old for it.

the other thing i have noticed is she is always asking Darcy "is this so special" "is this so magical" etc, i guess this is because she lost her mum at a young age and wants Darcy to remember all these moments ....that the rest of the world has seen as well "isnt this so special and magical that we are sharing our family christmas with millions of random strangers"

LazyGaga
Talker
Talker

Post by LazyGaga »

CaroG1282 wrote:From her tumblr (

Jesus Christ she is so passive aggressive and sensitive and annoying sometimes. I'm seriously running out of reasons to like her, which is so distressing because I seriously loved Louise last year.

"I am a girl with feelings." Bitch, no. You are a grown ass woman who has no control over her emotions. The ask wasn't even that rude. If the ask upset her, she should have ignored it and moved on.
That sentence.....GIRL?! She's going to turn 30 soon (maybe this year, I think?), and is a married mother. She's a woman, period. I'm aware she might have been jokingly calling herself a girl, but still, SMH.
I am Jack's inflamed sense of entitlement.

oddxsox
Talker
Talker

Post by oddxsox »

Linzilou, totally agree. Can't believe Darcy is 4 this spring...

Return to “Louise Pentland”