I WISH YOU WOULD, bitch nozzle.

Northwest Passage
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meekakitty

Post by Northwest Passage »

Just saw a video of her on stage singing at Summer in the City.
She should stick to vlogging, because whoever told her that she can sing or encouraged her to take up singing is either a huge troll or needs their ears examined.
I have seen more talented people busking for pennies in the street, to be blunt but honest, and I can't imagine anyone outside of her YouTube fanbase taking her seriously as a singer.

iainthatin
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by iainthatin »

I don't really like her videos or, anything she does actually, but...

I don't hate her singing, I've heard way more annoying sh*t that I would prefer her cutesy singing over... doesn't seem like she's taking herself super seriously as vocalist, so I don't see the problem. If she was getting all haughty about it, then it would be different.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Northwest Passage wrote:Just saw a video of her on stage singing at Summer in the City.
She should stick to vlogging, because whoever told her that she can sing or encouraged her to take up singing is either a huge troll or needs their ears examined.
I have seen more talented people busking for pennies in the street, to be blunt but honest, and I can't imagine anyone outside of her YouTube fanbase taking her seriously as a singer.
If I am remembering this correctly, it was about, maybe, a year ago that she talked about learning how to play the guitar and writing her first song.

Now, here we are, a short time later, and she's performing on stage and telling people she has an album coming out soon.

I know there's no hard and fast rule about how long you should hone your craft before you take your music career public, but to me, it seems like she rushed into it. And the reason, I think, she rushed is because she already has an audience who will support whatever she does. I don't know. I could be completely misreading things, but I just get the sense she's still drifting through life trying to find something to do and needing immediate validation for whatever she does.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

femscout wrote:
ceera1231 wrote:She should stick to talking and not singing
I thought that video was a joke... Oops. :?
I honestly think that video *was* a joke. She does sing better than that. It sounds to me like she's singing that purposely bad.

She sounds fine with this video ... and gotta love (well I do anyway) all the cameos from Winterspring Pro, the Echobase boys, etc. :)

[youtube][/youtube]

randomanalysis
Learner
Learner

Post by randomanalysis »

This chick has kinda died out, but I guess she's almost up to 1mil subscribers now for doing uh nothing?
I know she put out a new "album" but as a huge music fan, this is utter shit.

bobert100
Talker
Talker

Post by bobert100 »

Her music is basically "twee". Nothing special and some of the songs sound similar. I'm sure if you put one of them on a TV advert it would be popular. adding "twee" songs in adverts was the trend in the UK for a while...It's quite annoying.

I also don't like her voice. What happened?
It sounds too sickly and baby-ish now. I understand those type of voices are suited to that type of music but I didn't expect it from Tessa.

We all know she hasn't got the best singing voice anyway but this is pretty "meh". Doesn't seem original at all.

thecalcographer
Learner
Learner

Post by thecalcographer »

So apparently now she's a "musician" on a "living room tour" where they basically go to people's houses and play in their living rooms and then stay there overnight? And not producing a mini-series with Shauna, or a documentary, or videos, or whatever it is all of those secret projects were?
I feel like she has issues committing to and finishing a project. I know that making things work can be difficult but with that many subscribers and all that money she won I feel like they must be able to work it out.
She also became SUPER Christian all of a sudden, which, while I have nothing against Christians at all (since I am one) her intense following seemed to kind of come out of left field.
Does anyone know if she was actually a model for American Apparel?
The entire thing is kind of too bad, I liked her personality a lot when she was first posting videos.

promiseandprecision
Learner
Learner

Post by promiseandprecision »

I don't if her becoming Christian was super surprising, she was always hanging out with sort of intense Christians like Strawburry17 and some Christian rock bands for awhile. She never really talks about her faith in videos though.

Do people think her and Rusty Clanton are dating? I really hope so because their videos together are toooo cute. In my opinion he would be a huge upgrade considering she used to date Ray William Johnson, but maybe I am just a sucker for a cute indie music boy.

kabukixo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kabukixo »

I loved her short films and music vids with Shawna but whenever she pops up in my sub box I scroll past nowadays.

supermaryfan1
Talker
Talker

Post by supermaryfan1 »

I used to love her but I haven't been interested in anything I've seen from her for probably the past two or three years. Back when she was good friends with RWJ was when she was her funniest/most interesting imo.

fleurish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fleurish »

I feel like her content seems forced. It's not quirky, it's cringy.
English is my 2nd language, so, please, bear with me.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

I really like her videos and her songs, but I HATE her voice when she speaks. Now that's forced

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

It's funny to see YTers like her (and others) whom, at one time, dominated YT and are now, pretty much irrelevant. Her popularity peaked years ago. At the same time, according to SocialBlade, her subs and views seem to stay consistent.

I suppose it's not a bad thing. If you're making enough to pay your bills without having to work, and you're not getting that much attention, you can live a peaceful life.

I never liked her. I never bought the whole "I'm so quirky!" act. I give her credit for deciding to want to become a musician, learned guitar, wrote songs, and performed live. That takes courage. Beyond that, I can't stand her.

loease
Talker
Talker

Post by loease »

I like her, personally. I've always liked her, I like her music and I like her sitting-down-and-just-talking videos, and I like how she doesn't seem to care about getting big on YouTube. That's evident from her lack of uploads over the past few years, but it seems she's trying to get back into it to better promote her music.

The one thing I've noticed recently, and I don't know if this is just me or what, is how shes starting to do very Dodie-Clark things. That saddens me, bc while I used to like Dodie a lot, she's recently started to grate me. Also because I've always liked how Tessa seemed very into her own thing and not too interested with being like everybody else. Hope this doesn't last, or that I'm mistaken.

takenkraken
Learner
Learner

Post by takenkraken »

I agree about the Dodie thing, I get that they're friends, but Tessa's even doing the so agravating clapping thing for the microphone ugh :(

fleurish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fleurish »

Wasn't she with Rusty? She said something about 'an emotionally unavailable man' in her video.

Good_Bake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Good_Bake »

takenkraken wrote:I agree about the Dodie thing, I get that they're friends, but Tessa's even doing the so agravating clapping thing for the microphone ugh :(
I think Dodie actually copied that from Tessa!

Good_Bake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Good_Bake »

fleurish wrote:Wasn't she with Rusty? She said something about 'an emotionally unavailable man' in her video.
which vid was that? I thought they were still together!

fleurish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fleurish »

clover123 wrote:
fleurish wrote:Wasn't she with Rusty? She said something about 'an emotionally unavailable man' in her video.
which vid was that? I thought they were still together!
[youtube][/youtube]
sorry, i thought it was her video!
around 1:05

Return to “Music”