Essiebutton (and Aslan) FAQs

JustGlow

Re: Essiebutton (and Aslan) FAQs

Post by JustGlow »

^Damn.. So many floors.

sunshine21

Post by sunshine21 »

Has anyone found the actual house on rightmove or zoopla yet to look up the price?

fishnetspink
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by fishnetspink »

sunshine21 wrote:Has anyone found the actual house on rightmove or zoopla yet to look up the price?
A house on their street with the exact same layout and rooms is on there for £8000 a month rent..

chairmanmeow
Informer
Informer

Post by chairmanmeow »

Yeah I think I just definitely figured out what street they live on, just dont know the exact house number but still that is scary that we can all figure that out just from watching their vlogs.

sunshine21

Post by sunshine21 »

I think it makes no difference if they're renting or if they bought the house as both (rent: around £8000 and the most recent sales were £1.6-2.8 m on that street) is insanely expensive.

potnoodlegirl
Informer
Informer

Post by potnoodlegirl »

It kinda does though. Getting a nearly 2 million pound mortgage with the associated deposit of at least 20 percent of that is way more difficult than just proving you can put down 2k a week. I've said it before anyway but I think Aslan's family bought it as an investment so it's probably moot.

sunshine21

Post by sunshine21 »

^ oh, of course. :) I was just saying that it's super expensive, no matter if they rent or bought it.

£8000 is like $13,500 or 10,000 € - that's sooo much money. There's no way that Estee could pay for this alone, so Aslan must be working or they get help from his family/his family really bought it.

heyheyheynow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by heyheyheynow »

Found the comp house, it's the only one in the mapped area. ... 4 bedrooms? 5 bathrooms? *passes out* Has Essie ever shown their master bath? The one on the comp house screams wealthy.

That has to be owned by Aslan's family. They could live luxuriously for half that space.

Never thought I'd see a place that makes Fleur's million-pound country home seem economical.

sunshine21

Post by sunshine21 »

heyheyheynow wrote:Found the comp house, it's the only one in the mapped area. ... 4 bedrooms? 5 bathrooms? *passes out* Has Essie ever shown their master bath? The one on the comp house screams wealthy.

That has to be owned by Aslan's family. They could live luxuriously for half that space.

Never thought I'd see a place that makes Fleur's million-pound country home seem economical.
To be honest, I'd rather live in Fleur's house - it's HUGE and it's so gorgeous with the garden, pond and the sun room. I'd just change the furniture and renovate/redecorate it a bit.

Anyway, I checked the most recent transactions again and there were 2 sales in April 2013 and 1 in March 2013. In July Estee published the living room tour of their old place and said that they already moved, so I'd guess that one of the "April houses" is theirs.
However, all transactions are listed as "leasehold" - as I'm not from the UK I have no idea what that means. I imagine that it's like renting but maybe someone can explain because if it is like renting I don't understand why the actual price is important.
Last edited by sunshine21 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow »

I wonder if their basement/cellar is finshed, of if it's just like a laundry room! I don't think they've ever shown what's down there in a vlog.

blendingbrush
Informer
Informer

Post by blendingbrush »

I wanna seeeeeeeee :x :P :P :P

blendingbrush
Informer
Informer

Post by blendingbrush »

Oh wow, okay I found it. I didn't expect that! Guess we're used to only seeing the kitchen.

sunshine21

Post by sunshine21 »

JustGlow wrote:I wonder if their basement/cellar is finshed, of if it's just like a laundry room! I don't think they've ever shown what's down there in a vlog.
The one on that street that is up for sale atm and very similar to theirs looks like this

*removed image, it can lead to users finding the address

(I hope it's ok to post - I cropped it so you can't figure out the actual house)

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow »

sunshine21 wrote:The one on that street that is up for sale atm and very similar to theirs looks like this

(I hope it's ok to post - I cropped it so you can't figure out the actual house)
Hmm, interesting. Though, they could have completely different layouts. Especially since the homes are owned (as opposed to rented in a block of flats) it could be really different to that layout, or similar. They probably have the garage too (from what I saw on their street, all the home fronts looked the same), but the rest of the space could be used differently.

sunshine21

Post by sunshine21 »

^ the ground floor is definitely the same (though they have that extra storage room in their "garden"). It's basically the only floor we see in vlogs (+ her office).

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow »

^Yeah, I see that - I'm just saying that previous owners (or even Estee and Aslan themselves) could have changed the layout.

sunshine21

Post by sunshine21 »

JustGlow wrote:^Yeah, I see that - I'm just saying that previous owners (or even Estee and Aslan themselves) could have changed the layout.
That's what I asked above - if they're really the owners or if they're renting. I asked what leasehold means as that's what all the houses are listed as.

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

sunshine21 wrote:However, all transactions are listed as "leasehold" - as I'm not from the UK I have no idea what that means. I imagine that it's like renting but maybe someone can explain because if it is like renting I don't understand why the actual price is important.
Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong but I think a leasehold is where you buy the rights to live in a house for a set amount of time, rather than paying monthly.

bells77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bells77 »

When a house is leasehold, someone else owns the land/building itself. Each lease lasts for between 99 and 999 years. The lease would be transferred every time. When you're thinking of buying a leasehold property you'll be told how long is left on the lease. You'd still get a mortgage - if you need it - for the house/flat itself.

Leases are used mostly for flats because you've got one plot of land, but multiple separate properties on top owned by different people.
Oh my glob! I always wanted to write trashy books for lay-dees!

lolascarlett
Talker
Talker

Post by lolascarlett »

bells77 wrote:When a house is leasehold, someone else owns the land/building itself. Each lease lasts for between 99 and 999 years. The lease would be transferred every time. When you're thinking of buying a leasehold property you'll be told how long is left on the lease. You'd still get a mortgage - if you need it - for the house/flat itself.

Leases are used mostly for flats because you've got one plot of land, but multiple separate properties on top owned by different people.
This is correct.

They definitly have 4 floors from the looks of it, but as people have mentioned, we only really see the ground floor and her office. I'd love to see more of their place, like a house tour or whatever, because I'm so nosy.
sunshine21 wrote:^ the ground floor is definitely the same (though they have that extra storage room in their "garden"). It's basically the only floor we see in vlogs (+ her office).

I LOVE your avatar pic - it's hilarious :D

Return to “Estee Lalonde”