Estée & Aslan's Wealth

Owli
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Estée & Aslan's Wealth

Post by Owli »

Nin wrote:I think she knows. I've seen her asked politely about it on the comments section before and she just deletes the comments every time. I know if I was her and it wasn't true, I wouldn't be deleting the comments, I'd be sure to always answer them and at least say "nothing to do with us." Estee does strike me as a head in the sand kind of person though. :?
totally agree with you here! and i can totally imagine estee just explaining to her family that aslan has a wealthy background and studies.
do we know that apart from aslan's sister; has she met his parents?

Crylaugh
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by Crylaugh »

She has met Aslan's mother, it seems that whenever they meet it's for lunch/dinner. She was never shown in the vlogs though.
I don't think either or them has ever said anything about his father.

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

She's certainly met his Mother. She used to talk about her a lot in older videos when she first moved to the UK, and mentioned that his mother used to give her toiletries that she thought Estee would like etc. There was an older vlog as well when they went to Aslan's mothers house for some reason and they showed them having a meal and her small dog I think. That was a very long time ago though before she even started regularly vlogging I think.
I'm guessing you're right about her parents and Aslan's Cambridge background means that many people don't even question his money.

pebulay
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pebulay »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_Minnie_
Learner
Learner

Post by _Minnie_ »

I really do think the excessive spending over the last 2 years or so has been getting rid of dirty money. Could all the buying and selling furniture be part of it as well? They seem to even sell new, Hay stuff which won't have increased in value so can't be for business/money-making reasons. It's like he's just trying to get rid of every penny of that money. However, if that were what's going on, would he really be stupid enough to be in the public eye while doing it? Surely he'd step back from vlogs, they'd not mention things they've bought and wouldn't show their house - maybe only her filming room.

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by daddyoh »

it's a bit of a sticky situation. like it looks better for estee to have a job (such as it is...) and her own legitimate income. but they're too stupid to even do that right, because even though she's making a shit load, she's not making nearly enough to be able to afford what they buy.

buying and selling furniture through ebay has to be one of the most bizarre money laundering efforts i've ever seen though.

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

In her office tour it was insane how much HAY she has. HAY is very expensive, she even has this plexi-glass glass pencil sharpener that is 9 pounds! (on the right)

I saw one at Selfridges and wanted it, but I thought to myself, "Who would actually spend that much for a pencil sharpener?"

We have found out who ...

Also these:

This ... which I actually thought wasn't a bad price by comparison ...

This PEN, which is on a SHELF? This doesn't make sense to me, unless hay sent her all this and she just put the stuff in random places...

also she has a candle holder but I'm too lazy to screen shot it so here is the image from the selfridges website:

napoleans
Stalker
Stalker

Post by napoleans »

I'm a little confused about this whole thing. I put the article in google translator so go easy on me. So they arrested Bergey and his brother (or whoever he is) in Switzerland (for embezzling, if I'm understanding correctly? Which I totally may not be...) but then why didn't they arrest Aslan for money laundering and embezzlement? They say the money was transferred into an account for him, but where is the proof of that? Go easy on me, guys, I'm just genuinely confused and I need it dumbed down a bit, haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deltaburkefan
Learner
Learner

Post by deltaburkefan »

I speak Russian--their Swiss accounts were seized; they are still in hiding. I highly doubt Aslan is using eBay to money launder, lol.

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

deltaburkefan wrote:I speak Russian--their Swiss accounts were seized; they are still in hiding. I highly doubt Aslan is using eBay to money launder, lol.
So their swiss accounts were seized but Aslan still has money?

Is that because they transferred him money before the got caught?

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

Just to chime in, Estee & Aslan went to Istanbul with both their mothers so Estee has spent time with his mother.

I haven't kept up w the money situation but do you guys think maybe Aslans' furniture hobby could be a part of it? Like a front for moving money or buying stuff w dirty money & reselling it for a clean profit? Not sure how money laundering works.

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

baconpancakes wrote:Just to chime in, Estee & Aslan went to Istanbul with both their mothers so Estee has spent time with his mother.

I haven't kept up w the money situation but do you guys think maybe Aslans' furniture hobby could be a part of it? Like a front for moving money or buying stuff w dirty money & reselling it for a clean profit? Not sure how money laundering works.
I don't think that would be necessary, and he makes so little buying and selling furniture compared to what he is worth, if he wanted to hide his money he could do it by holding it in cash where it would be untraceable ... or by putting it in accounts with Estee's name so that it would no longer be his property, or in business accounts which are slightly harder for the government to work around .. If you deposit large sums into accounts though it will always be noted by government revenue agencies, so if he moves his money into business accounts he will have to pay taxes.

One way to avoid that is to have many small accounts with under 10k in them, but I think it would be much easier to just withdraw the money and hold it in cash ... or buy million pound townhouse without a mortgage through business accounts as a "property developer" (or several and make new income from the renters). He would pay taxes on this as well but considerably less since he would be making very little from rental income compared to his worth, but he would still make enough to keep up their lifestyle.

Sorry for this complicated post, depending on laws in the UK I can't confirm all of this information is 100% correct .. but I imagine Aslan has no problem with the uk laws... since he is in one of the best law schools in the world lol

_Minnie_
Learner
Learner

Post by _Minnie_ »

That could explain why he studied law. From what I understand, he studied PPE or something similar at Cambridge and was then doing a Law conversion course in London. However, if he's no longer studying he only did that for one year and wouldn't be qualified. A bit of a pointless exercise... unless he wanted to know more about law for his own reasons or for his property developing. OR he had a trust fund that would only be released if he completed some Law studies. Perhaps his father set a condition. or something. Rampant speculation of course!

deltaburkefan
Learner
Learner

Post by deltaburkefan »

dollhouse wrote:
deltaburkefan wrote:I speak Russian--their Swiss accounts were seized; they are still in hiding. I highly doubt Aslan is using eBay to money launder, lol.
So their swiss accounts were seized but Aslan still has money?

Is that because they transferred him money before the got caught?
Only their Swiss accounts were seized, and they could have money all over the world. It seems that outside of this, the authorities outside of Kazakhstan have looked the other way and have not bothered to look for anyone or their money.

blue_eyes_ST
Learner
Learner

Post by blue_eyes_ST »

So I googled Aslan and found info that he's the CEO of 2 (!!!) companies iinvolved in property development. Wow. It's that not suspicious on it's own, I don't know what is.
And I just wanted to agree with whoever it was that said that it's a bit odd that he/they are just flaunting their wealth in front of the cameras so carelessly. In my country, kids of people who made their money in less than legal way (or through war profiteering) make sure to keep their heads down and play the part of the perferct upper squeaky-clean citizen. They "work" for the family businesses, have families and make sure to stay out of the public's eye. I find it particularly revolting that Asland and Estee can film their lives and their house while like it's no big deal knowing where the money they use to buy that lifestyle comes from.

shampoochampion
Learner
Learner

Post by shampoochampion »

If I was Aslan I wouldn't be in Vlogs and I wouldn't have my own YouTube channel. I would fly under the radar right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

shampoochampion wrote:If I was Aslan I wouldn't be in Vlogs and I wouldn't have my own YouTube channel. I would fly under the radar right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Maybe there is no way for him to face prosecution .. I mean he is not involved at all in what is going on (aside from being related) so maybe he doesn't have to fly low ... Its not like he could really risk losing any money he has . I don't think I have ever heard of a court case where the children also have to pay the father's fines.

we_disappear
Informer
Informer

Post by we_disappear »

liquidlinernotes
Debater
Debater

Post by liquidlinernotes »

_Minnie_ wrote:That could explain why he studied law. From what I understand, he studied PPE or something similar at Cambridge and was then doing a Law conversion course in London. However, if he's no longer studying he only did that for one year and wouldn't be qualified. A bit of a pointless exercise... unless he wanted to know more about law for his own reasons or for his property developing. OR he had a trust fund that would only be released if he completed some Law studies. Perhaps his father set a condition. or something. Rampant speculation of course!
Dirty money aside, I find that rich kids often have a bad habit of treating everything like a quaint "hobby," particularly when it comes to education. Because ultimately their family connections and/or money means that they can probably get a job wherever they like with or without credentials, so the fact that Aslan's studying seems to come and go with the seasons isn't a huge surprise.

Also the whole thing of declaring yourself CEO of something is fairly routine resume/profile padding. One of his "companies" is probably just the furniture flipping on ebay.

blue_eyes_ST
Learner
Learner

Post by blue_eyes_ST »

liquidlinernotes wrote:Also the whole thing of declaring yourself CEO of something is fairly routine resume/profile padding. One of his "companies" is probably just the furniture flipping on ebay.
Nope, they're both property development.

Return to “Estee Lalonde”