JuicyStar07 General Thread Part 1

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JuicyStar07 General Thread Part 1

Post by bspatrol »

MadmoiselleLayla wrote:So I was debating whether to mention this in either her/Zoe's/General discussion, but I was just wondering, why is she verified on twitter, when not many others are, even though they have more followers/subs than her? She tweeted at Zoe (which brought this whole thought on, because Blair seems to become really irrelevant, and Zoe seems to be in her prime and I was wondering if she passed Blair in numbers), and Zoe has nearly 200k more twitter followers than her.
Twitters FAQ section specifically states verified accounts have nothing to do with amount or number of followers. They do it if the person is famous, public figure, and has a high probability of being impersonated (I'm paraphrasing). I am convinced that people request to be verified to speed up the process. If they fall into the category of a public figure, they (or their people) contact twitter, and before you know it they are verified. Blair and Elle seem like the type of people who would sic their PR people to go get them verified. They have been verified for years.

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

I think that's fair, though, they both have had people impersonate them on Facebook and twitter and the impersonators got a good number of followers. And when you really think about it - like if someone set up a fake twitter for me, I'd be creeped out as all hell.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

Anyone else find it annoying that she's tweeting & asking people to be nice because she's been "working hard" on her newest videos? Is she serious?!

That skincare & makeup routine video are pretty standard and there's nothing different about the way she's doing them aside from adding filters and shots of products. Routine videos are actually easy bc you essentially just film yourself and then clip out the parts you don't want & add effects etc.

When it comes to complicated videos I think of someone like WendysLookBook.

dancingabby
Talker
Talker

Post by dancingabby »

way too many products for an everyday look but kudos to blair for doing an actual makeup tutorial. seems like a damn beauty tutorial is impossible to get from "gurus" these days. :(

Post by Guest »

I thought she looked like a clown with two black eyes :(

Post by Guest »

Looks like she's running low on money and kissing ass to get it.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

The part about the brow gel being dirty reminded me a lot of Ingrids' latest video :?

I just can't believe this is her idea of effort. She's so out of touch!

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

She looks like she has perfect skin because she washed herself out with the lighting and then added an effect to the footage to make it blurry/hazy (or "whimsical" if she's taking a note from Elle) around the edges. It completely ruins the purpose of her doing a tutorial because it distorts the look of what she's doing...I'll bet you anything that she looked completely different in person than she did in the video.

Post by Guest »

dancingabby wrote:way too many products for an everyday look but kudos to blair for doing an actual makeup tutorial. seems like a damn beauty tutorial is impossible to get from "gurus" these days. :(
Honestly not everyone wants to see those.. I feel like everything has been done a million times already and it's not like the girl has any actual skill anyway. I much prefer her doing chit chatty videos and basically anything else that isn't a tutorial. Lisa Eldridge is really the only person on yt whose tutorials I enjoy watching.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

byebyebye1 wrote:her newest makeup tutorial annoys me only because i hate when people with beautiful, clear skin wear foundation. DON'T WEAR FOUNDATION IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO. ughhhh
She doesn't have clear skin. As someone else has mentioned, it's the lighting that washes out her skin imperfections. That's why it appears that most gurus have clear skin without makeup. Bright lights will make anyone's skin appear 10x better than it actually is. One time, I filmed myself in front of a bright window and was shocked at how amazing my skin looked. Of course it was all fake.

MyPrivateJet
Debater
Debater

Post by MyPrivateJet »

I easily use as many products as Blair does in this video on a daily basis. I like makeup. Blair likes makeup. We like to use makeup!

NerdOut
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by NerdOut »

The blurred filter is making me want to clean my computer screen SO BAD!

Post by Guest »

NerdOut wrote:The blurred filter is making me want to clean my computer screen SO BAD!
Oh thank god- it wasn't just me! I couldn't tell if it looked fuzzy from my Internet connection or if she just has shitty filming and editing skills. Apparently it was the latter.

massieblock13
Talker
Talker

Post by massieblock13 »

Today I heard an ad for some event "hosted by Elle and Blair Fowler" on the radio.
Not a huge deal, but kind of stepping it up to be promoted on radio (forgot which station, but a popular one for music).
Do you guys think this is a step up the celeb ladder? Or is this nothing extraordinary?

PHAIL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PHAIL »

Do you guys think this is a step up the celeb ladder? Or is this nothing extraordinary?
How many people who were listening to that radio station at the time had ANY idea who Elle and Blair Fowler were? 98% of them probably turned on their phone and hit up Google.

They're not and never will go further than they already have.

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

PHAIL wrote:
How many people who were listening to that radio station at the time had ANY idea who Elle and Blair Fowler were? 98% of them probably turned on their phone and hit up Google.

They're not and never will go further than they already have.
My bet is that 98% of them completely ignored it and thought nothing of it lol.

MadmoiselleLayla
Informer
Informer

Post by MadmoiselleLayla »

massieblock13 wrote:Today I heard an ad for some event "hosted by Elle and Blair Fowler" on the radio.
Not a huge deal, but kind of stepping it up to be promoted on radio (forgot which station, but a popular one for music).
I'm assuming you live in the LA area or somewherein close proximity, because it was an LA radio station, 97.1 (love that station! lol) & I heard it! I was excited and impressed for them! If anything, this will promote their book, because not many people won't think of "beauty gurus on YouTube (which sidenote: I love how Blair explained how the term guru came to be in her "top 10 under 10" more people would walk into a bookstore and see their names.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

I know it's been so obvious for ages now but this caught my eye cause it once again show how out of the youtube world she is as youtube got rid of video responses a couple weeks ago.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

an0n wrote:I know it's been so obvious for ages now but this caught my eye cause it once again show how out of the youtube world she is as youtube got rid of video responses a couple weeks ago.
She is being incredibly "friendly" these days. Highly suspicious! :P

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

I smell a sponsored video coming up... :(

Return to “juicystar07”