Alli Speed [formerly of CTFxC / Alli Trippy] Part 2

jinalebcool
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Alli Speed [formerly of CTFxC / Alli Trippy] Part 2

Post by jinalebcool »

My guess is that Alli's channel will look a lot like CutiePieMarzia's channel, where she does put vlogs of the travels she makes with Felix, but she also puts a video once a week about random things: Q&A, challenges, monthly favorites, cooking stuff, etc. So Alli probably will continue to put travel vlogs, but also she will do drunk gaming, Q&A, monthly favorites, cooking and makeup tutorials, etc.

My opinion: it's the best way Alli can still be a youtuber without doing the daily vlogs and still focus on her future. I remember, after graduating, she said she might do a masters degree and I think it's time for her to continue her studies, without putting an x on her dreams and her ''job''. Plus, Alli loves to travel and Youtube offers lots of opportunity for her to travel and to help people around the world (like the trip to Africa and Fiji). My guess is that she will continue to do that.

(sorry for my english)
English is not my first language nor my second :) Sorry for any mistakes I make!

itsmebitches
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by itsmebitches »

jinalebcool wrote:My guess is that Alli's channel will look a lot like CutiePieMarzia's channel, where she does put vlogs of the travels she makes with Felix, but she also puts a video once a week about random things: Q&A, challenges, monthly favorites, cooking stuff, etc. So Alli probably will continue to put travel vlogs, but also she will do drunk gaming, Q&A, monthly favorites, cooking and makeup tutorials, etc.

My opinion: it's the best way Alli can still be a youtuber without doing the daily vlogs and still focus on her future. I remember, after graduating, she said she might do a masters degree and I think it's time for her to continue her studies, without putting an x on her dreams and her ''job''. Plus, Alli loves to travel and Youtube offers lots of opportunity for her to travel and to help people around the world (like the trip to Africa and Fiji). My guess is that she will continue to do that.

(sorry for my english)
Same.
Off topic but your English is great. Don't fret. :D

GoodHello
Learner
Learner

Post by GoodHello »

http://youtu.be/-qG67GtlI_w
Contiki Roadtrip 2014 trailer with Alli and Datev, this time in summer.
I'm curious where they're going to go. Latin America? Asia?

fairground
Learner
Learner

Post by fairground »

Ugh, I'm officially saving to go on a Contiki Trip.

emilyyyy
Informer
Informer

Post by emilyyyy »

fairground wrote:Ugh, I'm officially saving to go on a Contiki Trip.
ME TOO!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the contiki youtuber trips!
Especially if it's Alli & Datev going together again! I love seeing them travel together :love2:

foreverever
Debater
Debater

Post by foreverever »

i want to go on a contiki trip so bad. can you submit travel videos to them and try and get selected for their content creators?

doggymayday
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by doggymayday »

I love Alli and her vlogs, Fiji is beautifuuul! but her Twitter comment about smoking bothers me :roll: Whyyyy Alli :D

Peep
Talker
Talker

Post by Peep »

doggymayday wrote:I love Alli and her vlogs, Fiji is beautifuuul! but her Twitter comment about smoking bothers me :roll: Whyyyy Alli :D
Why does it bother you? It's true! Smoking around kids is incredibly selfish and stupid!

doggymayday
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by doggymayday »

Ummm IT IS AN OUTDOOR SPACE, opened to everyone. If the restaurant allows smoking, then I will smoke. Seeing people complain about smoke OUTSIDE is stupid when they then drive a car and ignore the smog in the city. I would personally never intentionally smoke next to a child, but if the parents sit down at a table next to mine, I'm not to blame. They know well where they are. Am I selfish and stupid for enjoying my coffee and meal outside? Are they selfish and stupid for bringing kids to "grown-up" places? Live and let live people.

But we're probably just not as uptight in Europe. I have actually never had anyone at a cafe/restaurant say anything to me, nor have I heard of it. Whereas I was once in SF, smoking on the sidewalk and a woman standing a few meters away was bothered by it (but not by the heavy traffic I suppose).

I love Alli, but that comment gives her a minus point in my book. I also don't believe in hell, so there.

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow »

doggymayday wrote:But we're probably just not as uptight in Europe. I have actually never had anyone at a cafe/restaurant say anything to me, nor have I heard of it. Whereas I was once in SF, smoking on the sidewalk and a woman standing a few meters away was bothered by it (but not by the heavy traffic I suppose).
In Norway we have a law that gives children the right to a smokefree environmet, but I guess we're not a part of Europe? :roll:

Anyway, I think smoking is disgusting, and I wouldn't want it near my children..

daisy16
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by daisy16 »

I agree, but at the same time I don't. It is an open space and you can do whatever you want, but at the same time if a little kid ends up sitting at a table next to you I don't think it's gonna kill you to wait, what, an hour to smoke a cigarette? Like you said though I just think here in the US we're a little more uptight about that kind of stuff, at least where I'm from. A lot of restaurants have smoking and non-smoking sections or just no smoking allowed in general.

Peep
Talker
Talker

Post by Peep »

doggymayday wrote:Blah

I'm actually from Europe too, sooooo...

Anyway, I think it's a load of bullshit –– Yes, it's "outside" but you're still in a crowd of people, eating, and you choose to pollute the environment for everyone nearby. It's still second-hand smoking when you're outside and sitting right next to a person who smokes, because you are still inevitably exposed to smoke particles. Also, in what world is a restaurant a "grown up" place? LOTS of people take their children to restaurants. I also don't know why you assume these people opted to sit next to a smoker, when like as not, they had no idea that person would suddenly pull out a cigarette and start puffing away. Perhaps it's not even a stranger, perhaps it's the kid's own parent, which just makes it that much worse.

SO YEAH, selfish and stupid - you, or anyone else who decides to smoke right next to other people, especially when said people are eating and especially when said people have children along. Common fucking sense, really.

doggymayday
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by doggymayday »

WiiKristina wrote:
doggymayday wrote:But we're probably just not as uptight in Europe. I have actually never had anyone at a cafe/restaurant say anything to me, nor have I heard of it. Whereas I was once in SF, smoking on the sidewalk and a woman standing a few meters away was bothered by it (but not by the heavy traffic I suppose).
In Norway we have a law that gives children the right to a smokefree environmet, but I guess we're not a part of Europe? :roll:

Anyway, I think smoking is disgusting, and I wouldn't want it near my children..
Well I'm pretty sure the places that get a lot of visits from parents then have a no smoke policy? And if you don't want smoking next to children, you go to a place where you know people don't smoke outside.

I think eating meat is disgusting, so you won't see me at a steak house demanding a vegetarian meal.

And I didn't come here to fight, I just said I was bothered by Alli's comment. She seems very open-minded in general, but that was not it.

doggymayday
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by doggymayday »

Peep wrote:
doggymayday wrote:Blah

I'm actually from Europe too, sooooo...

Anyway, I think it's a load of bullshit –– Yes, it's "outside" but you're still in a crowd of people, eating, and you choose to pollute the environment for everyone nearby. It's still second-hand smoking when you're outside and sitting right next to a person who smokes, because you are still inevitably exposed to smoke particles. Also, in what world is a restaurant a "grown up" place? LOTS of people take their children to restaurants. I also don't know why you assume these people opted to sit next to a smoker, when like as not, they had no idea that person would suddenly pull out a cigarette and start puffing away. Perhaps it's not even a stranger, perhaps it's the kid's own parent, which just makes it that much worse.

SO YEAH, selfish and stupid - you, or anyone else who decides to smoke right next to other people, especially when said people are eating and especially when said people have children along. Common fucking sense, really.
you know what is common fucking sense? Knowing that not everyone is like you, that not everyone is actually bothered by smoke, just because you are. I have NEVER in my life been at a place where only one person smokes. Never. Because smoking isn't allowed inside, all smokers sit outside or come out to smoke. Parents know this. If they see a restaurant with people smoking out and still decide to sit there that is fine, but don't bitch about it. Just like they have a right to bring kids out, let them run around, scream... I have a right to sit there and enjoy my day, smoking if I want.

And please, when you're in the city, you're really bothered by cigarette smoke with all those cars outside? How does that make sense?

I don't have a car, so I am insanely disgusted by the stupid selfish people who constantly drive those nasty things and keep them turned on when they wait for someone, which pollutes my environment... (see how stupid this is ;)

If Alli is pissed about cigarettes, that is her right. But I would also like to see her be pissed about car pollution, antibiotics the animals are fed with, animals she then eats, the GMO,the sugar, the additives in food, that are also linked to cancer and other conditions, etc. she should probably also stop drinking alcohol then, because that is bad for your body too. I would love to see her send parents that bring kids to Mcdonalds to hell, where I think they should go for feeding plastic disgusting crap to their kids.

But no, everyone has a say when it comes to cigarettes.

Like I said, I'm done with this debate, I guess Alli is more judgmental and narrow-minded than I thought.

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

If you think finding smokers and smoking in general disgusting, particularly when forced upon others is judgmental and narrow minded, than, something is inherently wrong with your perspective in life.

doggymayday
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by doggymayday »

You see that's just it - non smokers saying smoking is forced upon them. How exactly is it forced? I understand that some people find smoking disgusting, but I don't think that gives them the right to be insulting bastards. We all coexist outside. I would understand if someone got pissed for smoking inside their home (not that I would ever do that), it's their property, but not outside.

It's like when I eat out, and the people next to me order a smelly bloody steak or chicken. That completely ruins my meal, but will I tell them to go to hell for being monsters or sth?

Alli's tweet was very basic, so we can't know the situation from that.

But like I said, everyone has a say about cigarettes, especially those that don't smoke. I mean, if you're that worried about the health aspect, focusing solely on cigarettes is very hypocritical.

kickpuncher
Informer
Informer

Post by kickpuncher »

Seeing meat at a restaurant is nowhere near as harmful as secondhand smoke. I say this as both a vegetarian and severe asthmatic who is easily set off by cigarette smoke.

Coocoocachoo
Learner
Learner

Post by Coocoocachoo »

Entitled smokers give smokers a bad name. I don't care if you're in a designated smoking area or not, it's not hard to just be a decent human. I don't smoke, as of about a month ago. I was a smoker for ten years and I was always very cautious of where I lit up. You may not like it, but your smoking directly affects the people in your immediate area. If you don't care, then that really reflects on your personality.

Hell, I vape and I still make sure I don't so it around people unless I know they are okay with it. Just because you have rights doesn't give you permission to be an ass about them.

doggymayday
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by doggymayday »

kickpuncher wrote:Seeing meat at a restaurant is nowhere near as harmful as secondhand smoke. I say this as both a vegetarian and severe asthmatic who is easily set off by cigarette smoke.
Well okay if you came to me and said "hey I've got asthma, this is really bothering me" I think I'd put the cigarette away. I'm not an asshole.

And about the meat, while I hate the smell of it, I was trying to make a point. We can all always find something that bothers us and fight with people about it, if we think we have the right to do it.

The problem I have with this whole thing is how some people think they have the right to dictate how others should live or what they should or shouldn't do, and even top that with saying they'll go to hell, and so on. It especially bothers me when they discuss it from a health perspective, when they harm their bodies daily with other things. And it's especially annoying when the smoking is happening outside in an open space (and when I as a smoker go around with a bike or by foot, and they cannot live without their car).

But, if you smoke or you're fat, you can expect people to comment on it. the two most popular things.

Post by Guest »

I do not appreciate this negativity in my Queen's thread tbh!!

Return to “Alli Speed & Associated”