Unpopular Opinions Part 5

ChloeBelle
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unpopular Opinions Part 5

Post by ChloeBelle »

I think it's messed up that Christina Aguilera and Jessica Simpson got ridiculed for their curvy bodies, when their bodies looked similar to Kim Kardashian's (minus the fake butt) and Kim gets constant praise for her body. So...it's okay to be curvy if you are ethnic looking and fuck black dudes, but if you are blonde and curvy you are called fat and made fun of?

xLeopardPrincessX
Informer
Informer

Post by xLeopardPrincessX »

meatdoll wrote:I really fucking hate Basshunter.
I didn't realize he was still around?! Haha
All he ever wanted was to see you smiling, don't be a dick ;)

xLeopardPrincessX
Informer
Informer

Post by xLeopardPrincessX »

meatdoll wrote:I really fucking hate Basshunter.
I didn't realize he was still around?! Haha
All he ever wanted was to see you smiling, don't be a dick ;)

sibkitty3
Debater
Debater

Post by sibkitty3 »

ChloeBelle wrote:I think it's messed up that Christina Aguilera and Jessica Simpson got ridiculed for their curvy bodies, when their bodies looked similar to Kim Kardashian's (minus the fake butt) and Kim gets constant praise for her body. So...it's okay to be curvy if you are ethnic looking and fuck black dudes, but if you are blonde and curvy you are called fat and made fun of?
I totally agree, their bodies are no near fat and yes it is quite similar to Kim's body. I think the reason may be because the public have seen Christina and Jessica with slim toned bodies and so, if they gain just teensy bit of weight, they are automatically fat (not true). Even Kim, when she gains a tiny bit of weight, she is fat. Women can't gain a couple of pounds without the media calling them out on it.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

Sometimes I feel like the quote "When something seems too good to be true, it is" can be really fucking annoying. Fortune can fall into your lap and lead you onto better things, it's not unheard of. It's what makes life exciting.

Having that point of view when it comes to anything great happening to someone you know can just be really pessimistic and dick-ish to say. Stop dragging down someone's good luck and be happy for them.

Post by Guest »

RoseHammer wrote:Sometimes I feel like the quote "When something seems too good to be true, it is" can be really fucking annoying. Fortune can fall into your lap and lead you onto better things, it's not unheard of. It's what makes life exciting.

Having that point of view when it comes to anything great happening to someone you know can just be really pessimistic and dick-ish to say. Stop dragging down someone's good luck and be happy for them.
One thing is optimism, another thing is to be naive. If you entered the lottery and won the big price, that's good luck, but if you win the lottery without entering, then that is too good to be true. Do you see the difference?

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

Nergregga wrote:
One thing is optimism, another thing is to be naive. If you entered the lottery and won the big price, that's good luck, but if you win the lottery without entering, then that is too good to be true. Do you see the difference?

Yes I know the difference, but there have been people in my life who always assume the worst or even try to make up some kind of "catch" that just has to be there.

Basically the story is that I've been invited to a local ad agency that I emailed asking about internships, I explained my major and gave a short summary of what my goals were and they offered to give me a tour as well as inviting me for lunch with one of the account executives to ask any questions I had about the business. I researched the place, website's legit, and they've done well known ads for local businesses.

When I told my mom she said "That's weird. Did they look up your facebook and saw that you're pretty? Is it a bunch of men working there? Give me the address in case you disappear.This seems too good to be true, why would they invite you?"

I just feel that quote can be abused.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

I hate Britain's drinking culture. I've just started university, I applied and got in at the last minute so I missed Fresher's Week and boy am I glad I did. All anyone wants to talk about is drinking. Personally I don't drink, I absolutely don't feel I am any better than those that do (unless it's all they rely on for a good time...), but it seems some of them do look down on those like me. The other day someone in my lecture was talking to me and asked if I joined the Psychology Society. I told him I had just started uni so I hadn't had a massive amount of time to check out the societies yet but that it sounded pretty cool. He said they had already had a couple of socials and the "drinking there was insane", immediately launching into a long list of the alcoholic beverages he drank and the details of what followed in the morning. I do not understand the joy people get from putting their bodies through that, but I just said "I don't really drink", and then he said "Why not?" so I told him I simply didn't like the taste. He then said "That's a bit lightweight, loosen up". He laughed as he said it so I didn't take it seriously, but then got up to sit beside someone else. Apparently the minute I reveal my aversion to binge drinking I am no longer worth talking to.

Now I don't want to join any societies. I have heard the Psych society has some brilliant opportunities but I fear it'll just be me sat in the corner of a room being completely ignored. It really shouldn't be the case that not drinking essentially leads to loss of opportunity at university (or at least this one).

dazzle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dazzle »

ChloeBelle wrote:it's okay to be curvy if you are ethnic looking and fuck black dudes, but if you are blonde and curvy you are called fat and made fun of?
What is it with this reverse racism mentality of some people on here?

Kim has always been looking like this. If she was very skinny and then gained weight, people would talk about it as well. Besides, there are a lot of people who don't like Kim's body.

Not that I think it's okay to make fun of anyone because of their body but..." ethnic looking and fuck black dudes"...seriously. :|
I'd rather drink a cup of acid after chewing on a razor blade.

ChloeBelle
Learner
Learner

Post by ChloeBelle »

dazzle wrote:
ChloeBelle wrote:Not that I think it's okay to make fun of anyone because of their body but..." ethnic looking and fuck black dudes"...seriously. :|
Whatever. I'm tired of Kim and her whole talentless family.

kaylie27
Talker
Talker

Post by kaylie27 »

I really hate football. I cant even get on facebook on Sundays because of all of the Texans post. It really bothers me that these men get paid millions of dollars to throw a ball around on a field, and teachers who have one of the most important jobs get paid $40,000.

Boo
Informer
Informer

Post by Boo »

While I absolutely agree that athletes are disgustingly overpaid, I don't think teachers are underpaid.
BOO

Rosewynn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosewynn »

Boo wrote:While I absolutely agree that athletes are disgustingly overpaid, I don't think teachers are underpaid.
I agree with both of these sentiments.

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 0222 »

Back to the Kim I thing. Her body has been ridiculed since she first starting becoming famous. People have always been talking about her ass and Paris Hilton compared it to cottage cheese in a trash bag and it was this huge thing. Her body is only now becoming more and more accepted or whatever.

And about Christina A and Jessica Simpson having similar bodies.... Um, I'm sorry but not. Kim K is naturally curvy with boobs and a big butt but a flat stomach and slender arms and such. When Christina and Jessica were heavier, they were heavier everywhere else, too. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I thought their bodies looked fine but comparing them to Kim K is ridiculous. Kim's body is insane.

But I'm also annoyed with how her body is glorified and starting to become a beauty standard. Good for her... But what the fuck? No one has an ass like that. Now women are getting add implants and butt injections and it's just getting ridiculous.

ScarlettOlivia
Learner
Learner

Post by ScarlettOlivia »

I just can't believe people still actually keep up with the Kardashians, yet alone idolize them. I don't understand the obsession that teenage girls have with Kylie, Kendall, ect. I thought people were finally getting annoyed and done with them but I guess not..

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 0222 »

^Same.

And I don't get people who say Beyonce and Jay and Kim Karsashian and Kayne West are their relationship goals. Like, really???? -_-

sibkitty3
Debater
Debater

Post by sibkitty3 »

I don't understand why you need to say, "bless you" or "Gesundheit" when you sneeze. I believe it has to do with health and religion. I am not religious nor superstitious, I don't say it when I sneeze. People get offended when I don't say it or say it back to them if they sneeze. I do say thank you to anyone who does say it, but I am not expecting it.

[rant] I don't applaud unless I feel the presentation/play/ whatever it is was worth it. I had a lecture about school bullying and creating safe environments in schools, I applauded because the information was motivating and very useful. But if the presentation was not worth my time and I could have stay home, why should I clap? example, I had to sit through a class where it was just a lady pointing the powerpoint and telling us to read-only saying later on the same information can be found online. Like wtf, if I can read the same info at home, why am I here? yea, I didn't clap like my class did. Waste of time.

VeronicaSawyer

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

Agree about saying "bless you" when someone sneezes. It irks me when people say it to me and I don't think I've ever said bless you to someone who sneezed in my entire life. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rosewynn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosewynn »

I grew up saying, "Bless you." if someone sneezed and, "Excuse me!" when I sneezed. It's weird though, my mom never says it to me anymore and it honestly bugs me. Not enough to bring it up but it does. I can't not say anything now around people I know. It's just instinct. Though I also have SA and one of the worst sounds to me is silence so if no one says anything even in public to someone who sneezed I still say it.

ETA: I never really think of it as religious though I of course know that's it's own heritage. I remember someone telling me as a kid you say, "Bless you." because you don't breathe when you sneeze and it's like giving 'praise' or being happy someone didn't die after they sneezed. Or when you're in the car you say it because whoever sneezed didn't get in a car crash from closing their eyes. I don't know if this is total BS someone fed me or if others think like this.

FrozenLeaves
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by FrozenLeaves »

^^^ I heard it was based on superstition that if you sneezed too hard your soul would come out or something.
Whatever the case it's probably just a habit and people probably don't think about its origins much.

Unpopular opinion: Berries are disgusting. I hate pretty much all berries or anything that looks or tastes like one. And they smell awful. I don't see why anyone likes them and I usually avoid people who are eating/drinking berry flavored anything. Like I can stand the synthetic smell of them in perfume usually, but not food or drinks. It makes me want to throw up and sometimes gives me headaches or stomachaches.

Return to “Absolutely NOTHING To Do With Gurus”