JennaMarbles Part 2

some1hing
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JennaMarbles Part 2

Post by some1hing »

People been saying Freelee got a multi-million dollar contract with Youtube, maybe Youtube payed Jenna to record videos with her too?... Anybody know more about it?

Winnie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Winnie »

Youtube didn't give Freelee a contract. The guy who made that video was trolling. Besides, Jenna doesn't even do sponsored videos. She wouldn't collab with someone for money... which means she genuinely thought it was a good idea to work with (and therefore promote) a woman who harms veganism far more than she helps, exploits veganism for profit but never donates to charity, viciously attacks young girls, body shames everyone, sends her minions to harass anyone who doesn't kiss her ass, lies about everything, claims mental illness doesn't exist, tells people you can cure cancer with a raw diet, is dating a legit psychopath who constantly threatens people with physical harm, etc. I'm so disappointed. I would expect this shit from Joey because he is the dumbest motherfucker on the planet but I thought Jenna was better than this.

What the fuck, Jenna? :(

entropy
Learner
Learner

Post by entropy »

Can't bring myself to watch their podcast. Nor Julien's vlog about hanging out with her. :roll:

Unicorns
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Unicorns »

There is so much negative comments and dislikes regarding their work with freelee.

The majority of people on social media and YouTube are meh to me EXCEPT freelee. I know people can be sensitive ass bitches nowadays, but freelee is a straight up hateful bully. Her messages are counter productive. If they worked on Jenna, it makes me question the kind of person Jenna actually is to be associated with someone like freelee.

I'm very disappointed.

snowdrop24
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by snowdrop24 »

Julien is probably LOVING this controversy. Not so sure about Jenna, but Julien seems like the type who would enjoy being the center of some youtube drama. I unsubscribed to both of them today. Freelee is mean, but her boyfriend is even worse. He doesn't believe anorexia nervosa is a real mental illness. How could they give someone like that a platform? Jenna has such an opportunity to promote veganism to her huge audience in a thoughtful and respectful way, and she threw that away.

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

snowdrop24 wrote:Julien is probably LOVING this controversy. Not so sure about Jenna, but Julien seems like the type who would enjoy being the center of some youtube drama. I unsubscribed to both of them today. Freelee is mean, but her boyfriend is even worse. He doesn't believe anorexia nervosa is a real mental illness. How could they give someone like that a platform? Jenna has such an opportunity to promote veganism to her huge audience in a thoughtful and respectful way, and she threw that away.
Yeah Julien is scum.

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

I didn't watch the vlog and I won't watch the podcast, but I did downvote the vlog and read some comments. Julian stated that he wasn't going to bother reading any comments because people were going to be "mean".

Most of the comments I read were against Freelee, but were thoughtful and well spoken. So he can just go soak his big doody-head. ( I am neither thoughtful or well spoken) LOL

If Jenna is now kissing Freelee's ass, what kind of pushover is she? It makes her look weak in my opinion.
That Girl!

ancermet
Informer
Informer

Post by ancermet »

I dont think Jenna likes freelee, i think she just needs to views tbh. Freelee probably reached out to her and jenna was like "lol ok"

Julien...why does he get keep getting douchier
english is my first language, im just lazy.

Crylaugh
Informer
Informer

Post by Crylaugh »

smarlo wrote:I didn't watch the vlog and I won't watch the podcast, but I did downvote the vlog and read some comments. Julian stated that he wasn't going to bother reading any comments because people were going to be "mean".
Lol really tho? He doesn't want to read the comments because they're going to be mean but it's perfectly fine for Freelee to be mean and bully people in her videos? Fuck off julien

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

I would like to see how their subscriber numbers change after this mess
That Girl!

lippies79
Talker
Talker

Post by lippies79 »

I unsubscribed from both Jenna's & Julian's channels today. I know I'm just one person and losing a handful of subscribers isn't going to affect their bottom line so they won't care but I can't support them anymore. It would be one thing if they had her on and presented a fair and balanced viewpoint and asked her hard questions about specific things she has said but Julian basically discounted ANYONE'S opinion by declaring all negative comments "mob mentality" and that we are the bullies. This is so close-minded and offensive to people that have been loyal subscribers to them. Your audience has a right to be pissed and has a right to express their opinion especially when they are literally paying your bills. It's incredibly arrogant to think you're above criticism that way. Almost everyone who is upset about this expressed their opinion in a respectful way and for Julian just to discount them and not give any consideration to why his subscribers feel this way is incredibly disappointing.

Unicorns
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Unicorns »

lippies79 wrote:I unsubscribed from both Jenna's & Julian's channels today. I know I'm just one person and losing a handful of subscribers isn't going to affect their bottom line so they won't care but I can't support them anymore. It would be one thing if they had her on and presented a fair and balanced viewpoint and asked her hard questions about specific things she has said but Julian basically discounted ANYONE'S opinion by declaring all negative comments "mob mentality" and that we are the bullies. This is so close-minded and offensive to people that have been loyal subscribers to them. Your audience has a right to be pissed and has a right to express their opinion especially when they are literally paying your bills. It's incredibly arrogant to think you're above criticism that way. Almost everyone who is upset about this expressed their opinion in a respectful way and for Julian just to discount them and not give any consideration to why his subscribers feel this way is incredibly disappointing.
I didn't appreciate Julien saying that either. As some of their subscribers pointed out, obviously not everyone has to agree on the same opinion about Freelee and that's fine. But for Julien to essentially shun their viewers for having a different opinion was not appropriate for him to say.
It's fine that Jenna and Julien support Freelee; clearly they agree with the things Freelee does because they are defending her.

They would have received backlash anyways because there is so much negativity surrounding Freelee, but Julien could have said "I know a lot of people don't agree with Freelee's approach, but Jenna and I believe that it gets the point across and that it comes from a good place. This is why we support her." Then left it as that. State your opinion and why. You don't have to defend it if you've already explained yourself because it is fine to have a difference in opinion.

That is more respectable. I'm pretty sure that's where Jenna is coming from. She is someone who stands by her beliefs whether or not people like it. But she doesn't shun others for having a difference of opinion.

I still disagree with what they're doing, but it's their choice to be associated with Freelee.

lippies79
Talker
Talker

Post by lippies79 »

Unicorns wrote: I didn't appreciate Julien saying that either. As some of their subscribers pointed out, obviously not everyone has to agree on the same opinion about Freelee and that's fine. But for Julien to essentially shun their viewers for having a different opinion was not appropriate for him to say.
It's fine that Jenna and Julien support Freelee; clearly they agree with the things Freelee does because they are defending her.

They would have received backlash anyways because there is so much negativity surrounding Freelee, but Julien could have said "I know a lot of people don't agree with Freelee's approach, but Jenna and I believe that it gets the point across and that it comes from a good place. This is why we support her." Then left it as that. State your opinion and why. You don't have to defend it if you've already explained yourself because it is fine to have a difference in opinion.

That is more respectable. I'm pretty sure that's where Jenna is coming from. She is someone who stands by her beliefs whether or not people like it. But she doesn't shun others for having a difference of opinion.

I still disagree with what they're doing, but it's their choice to be associated with Freelee.
Yes, I should say that it's not soley their defense of Freelee that made me unsubscribe; as you said, it's fine to have a difference of opinion. But that, coupled with his reaction to the criticism, was too much. To have such disrespect for the opinions of the subscribers who put you in this position of success is unfathomable to me. Really, you can't understand why people are upset that you're defending someone who, along with her boyfriend, publically fat-shames people, claims that a vegan diet cures cancer and says that mental illness doesn't exist? REALLY YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT??? *explodes*

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

I wonder if they've given a thought to those podcast sponsors that Debbie has worked so hard to get for them.

They might not like to associated with such controversy.
That Girl!

Crylaugh
Informer
Informer

Post by Crylaugh »

smarlo wrote:I would like to see how their subscriber numbers change after this mess
Seems like quite a few people didn't like Freelee, but hey i bet they're just mean haters according to Julien. :roll:

Also I hate how their minions in the comments are saying that people can have different opinions but they have to be respectful. Really? Do they REALLY think Freelee is respectful?

cw29
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cw29 »

It seems like I might be the only person who doesn't know about this Freelee person? What's the deal with them and why are they so terrible?

Post by Guest »

cw29 wrote:It seems like I might be the only person who doesn't know about this Freelee person? What's the deal with them and why are they so terrible?
Basically her and her boyfriend promotes their own version of a high carb low fat version of a vegan diet, which is rather extreme, and probably difficult to sustain long term. (It used to be raw, now it's raw till four, which means you are allowed to eat cooked starches after 4 o'clock) She also binge eats on camera, and claims that she is cured of her eating disorder (I know it's fruit, but the definition of a binge, is a person eating an abnormally large amount of food in a relatively short amount of time)
Anyway, she regularly makes videos, where she fat shames big you tubers, (she also made a video about Jenna getting fat, after not being a full time vegan) and claims that all women should have a thigh gap to be healthy.

Sas12345
Talker
Talker

Post by Sas12345 »

(OT from the freelee stuff, putting that aside for a sec...) has jenna passing 16mil subs made anyone else here feel so nostalgic and almost proud? I remember back about 6/7 years ago when me and my friends first found jenna when kermit and marble were tiny and she lived in that little flat with the spiderman cutout and was really just finding herself, and was making fucking funny videos man that i believe shaped my sense of humour. I don't really know where im going with this, but she is just the #1 person/youtuber that i truly feel i have grown up with and i feel like i have such a huge attachment to her almost. Its like so many people have watched her grow into the woman she is today and i honestly feel like i know her so well, and i kind of cant imagine my life not following her? Maybe through the years ive slipped in and out if watching her and didnt do it as religiously as when i was 11/12 but i will always love jenna marbles deeply. Just been thinking about it today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oxford
Debater
Debater

Post by Oxford »

I really enjoyed her ratchet salon making the dog costumes. It actually makes up for all the 'meh' content and reminds me why I originally subscribed back in 2012.
I'm proud of her for hitting 16mil, her view ratio is totally off though!

lucifer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lucifer »

I unsubscribed to both of them. I used to love Jenna but lately she just looks ratchet as fuck, her videos are boring, and I've been getting douche-vibes from Julian for a while now.

Return to “JennaMarbles”