Macbarbie07 General Thread PART 2

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Macbarbie07 General Thread PART 2

Post by Pistachiyo »

A lot of her fans have a weird obsession with her and George Shelley From Union J, Not as bad as there obsession with Cethany . Theres tons of Manips of them together

halogirl
Informer
Informer

Post by halogirl »

savetheempire wrote:I knew about Bethany for a few years (who doesn't know Macbarbie07, after all?). I have to say that I'm genuinely happy for her success. After seeing so many on youtube lie and exploit and sponsor their way to the top, it's nice to see someone who has success through something it looks like she built on her own with her fans. Now, the smartest thing this girl EVER did was hire a good management company. I doubt she'd have the clothing line and DWTS without having a company behind her. The fact that she hired Lauren Conrad's people means she smart and has money.

That combined with a good personality and youth seems to be an unbeatable combination.

Is she going to college, though? I don't really know much about her other that YouTube things.
I hope she goes to college, or at least pursues a degree online if she travels too much to attend a college regularly, She can definitely afford it and that would be her next smartest move

hanabanana
Informer
Informer

Post by hanabanana »

halogirl wrote:
savetheempire wrote:I knew about Bethany for a few years (who doesn't know Macbarbie07, after all?). I have to say that I'm genuinely happy for her success. After seeing so many on youtube lie and exploit and sponsor their way to the top, it's nice to see someone who has success through something it looks like she built on her own with her fans. Now, the smartest thing this girl EVER did was hire a good management company. I doubt she'd have the clothing line and DWTS without having a company behind her. The fact that she hired Lauren Conrad's people means she smart and has money.

That combined with a good personality and youth seems to be an unbeatable combination.

Is she going to college, though? I don't really know much about her other that YouTube things.
I hope she goes to college, or at least pursues a degree online if she travels too much to attend a college regularly, She can definitely afford it and that would be her next smartest move
she's said in a few interviews that she's not. And whilst I generally think guru's not going to college for youtube is dumb, i think it's probably in her best interest not to. She has got so much going on right now, clothing line, travelling, dtws and probably a lot of other stuff we're yet to know about too.Whilst she's in the position she is now, she really has to make the most of it to try and gain a lasting impression in the industry and I think dedicating a bunch of her time to schooling would really hinder her efforts, she can always go back to school, whereas the opportunities she has now are once in a lifetime.

halogirl
Informer
Informer

Post by halogirl »

hanabanana wrote:
halogirl wrote:

she's said in a few interviews that she's not. And whilst I generally think guru's not going to college for youtube is dumb, i think it's probably in her best interest not to. She has got so much going on right now, clothing line, travelling, dtws and probably a lot of other stuff we're yet to know about too.Whilst she's in the position she is now, she really has to make the most of it to try and gain a lasting impression in the industry and I think dedicating a bunch of her time to schooling would really hinder her efforts, she can always go back to school, whereas the opportunities she has now are once in a lifetime.
True, as long as she is doing something and making the most out of this, id hate it if she didn't have some back up or something to rely on if this suddenly disappeared. I just hate seeing youtubers who are/were in the limelight at some point and they dropped out of college and rode the youtube fame train and either lost popularity = loss of money or began mooching from their partner

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

Umm wow, I don't watch bethany or keep up with her, she is much younger than me. But I was FLOORED when I saw her on DWTS, what the heck? I guess the show couldn't get any real "celebs" this season? Other than that, she was pretty good on the first episode.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

halogirl wrote: True, as long as she is doing something and making the most out of this, id hate it if she didn't have some back up or something to rely on if this suddenly disappeared. I just hate seeing youtubers who are/were in the limelight at some point and they dropped out of college and rode the youtube fame train and either lost popularity = loss of money or began mooching from their partner
She doesn't need a backup plan, even if her channel tanked tomorrow. Watching her first room tour, she's clearly from a wealthy family. In fact, that's one of the main reasons her channel exploded in popularity so fast. Her parents were able to afford to hire the best agents to get her those opportunities, hire someone help film, and to think of creative video ideas. As a matter of fact, pretty much all the past and present top beauty gurus are from wealthy families. Bethany, stilababe09, Elle & Blair, Michelle Phan had a rich stepdad, and the list goes on.

tephyshodge
Learner
Learner

Post by tephyshodge »

I don't know why people are complaining about her not posting videos as frequently anymore and saying that she is where she is because of youtube and youtube has to stay her number 1 priority. I agree that Youtube along with her subscribers has gotten her all these opportunities but people need to realize that it's okay to move onto bigger and better things. And if they were true subscribers who genuinely support her- they should be happy for her and they will most likely follow her wherever. I'm no fan or minion by any means, just giving my two cents.

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Pistachiyo »

smashthebox wrote:Umm wow, I don't watch bethany or keep up with her, she is much younger than me. But I was FLOORED when I saw her on DWTS, what the heck? I guess the show couldn't get any real "celebs" this season? Other than that, she was pretty good on the first episode.
Which youtube video is the comment in your signature about?

cmonskinnylove
Debater
Debater

Post by cmonskinnylove »

Username wrote:
halogirl wrote: True, as long as she is doing something and making the most out of this, id hate it if she didn't have some back up or something to rely on if this suddenly disappeared. I just hate seeing youtubers who are/were in the limelight at some point and they dropped out of college and rode the youtube fame train and either lost popularity = loss of money or began mooching from their partner
She doesn't need a backup plan, even if her channel tanked tomorrow. Watching her first room tour, she's clearly from a wealthy family. In fact, that's one of the main reasons her channel exploded in popularity so fast. Her parents were able to afford to hire the best agents to get her those opportunities, hire someone help film, and to think of creative video ideas. As a matter of fact, pretty much all the past and present top beauty gurus are from wealthy families. Bethany, stilababe09, Elle & Blair, Michelle Phan had a rich stepdad, and the list goes on.
And she's cashed in millions from YouTube. She could quit it all tomorrow, fall off the face of the Internet and still be loaded for life.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

^^ Not exactly millions. Her estimated youtube income is around 500k per year and she's only been making that since 2012. So yes she's got money, but I highly doubt several millions of dollars.

idontknowwhoiam
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by idontknowwhoiam »

She doesn't just make money from Youtube, though.

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DipDipDipMyBlueShip »

I can imagine she's making a nice chunk of $$ from her clothing line, perfume etc, plus her TV appearances and Youtube revenue. Didn't someone say that her dad was her manager? Even if she is paying him a salary and he isn't doing it for free, that money is still staying within their family. I think she is definitely financially aware and has good advice, plus the fact that she came from a relatively well off family means that they have experience in dealing with money and probably won't waste it at the first opportunity, I just have a feeling that she won't go broke anytime soon.
RETIRED MODERATOR

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

I know she's making money outside of YT but my point was I don't think she's insanely rich(mega millions) from just 2 years of hyper popularity. I'm betting her total earnings since she exploded in popularity in 2012 are less than $1 million after taxes. Some people here seem to think she's making celebrity-level money, and it's not true. I'm not saying she won't have that kind of money at the end of her YT career, I'm just saying she currently doesn't. People seem to forget she's only been super popular since 2012. ( not too long ago). It's unlikely she earned several million dollars in just 2 years.

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

ayoozsalah wrote:A lot of her fans have a weird obsession with her and George Shelley From Union J, Not as bad as there obsession with Cethany . Theres tons of Manips of them together
Oh my gosh that is so funny to me! I used to be really into Union J, but my interest fizzled out. And I assumed for the most part they had too. But it's so weird to me how fans will ship people even if they have never interacted with each other!

CrumbledOreos
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CrumbledOreos »

Wait, okay, sorry if this is a stupid question...Is that picture photoshopped? It looks like it is, and there is a arm coming out from under the dude's shirt.. :?

Cheshire_Cat03
Informer
Informer

Post by Cheshire_Cat03 »

CrumbledOreos wrote:Wait, okay, sorry if this is a stupid question...Is that picture photoshopped? It looks like it is, and there is a arm coming out from under the dude's shirt.. :?
It is photoshopped, lol. I believe one of Bethany's viewers put it together.

savetheempire
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by savetheempire »

hanabanana wrote:
halogirl wrote:

Yeah, I don't blame her, I was just curious. She's probably one of the only YouTubers I've ever seen and thought, "Yeah, she'll be fine without college." I think she's fairly smart, very savvy and has smart people behind her.

I don't think she'll be on YouTube forever. Great to see someone use it as a launch pad, though.

justanopinion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by justanopinion »

I think she is smart with her business decisions. Even if she isn't the one making the final decision she has input into what is being done. I think she will be able to go on through life without a degree if she makes all the right choices now. She is the only youtuber who has ever been given these opportunities and done them the right way. Don't get me wrong, we all know others have had the chances to do something outside of YT but they haven't done it as well as Beth.

MDNA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MDNA »

I didn't know she's a scorpio, holy shit....

Cheshire_Cat03
Informer
Informer

Post by Cheshire_Cat03 »

MDNA wrote:I didn't know she's a scorpio, holy shit....
What's the big deal? O.o (Forgive me, I'm ignorant when it comes to star signs, horoscopes and what not.)

Return to “Macbarbie07 / Bethany Mota”