Re: LaurDIY

Post by feversugar »

Hel wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:40 am
PrincessNebula wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:52 pm
waialepeach wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:42 pm
DrVanessaPoseidon wrote:I noticed that Moose was with her on the plane. Is she one of those people who signs up their pet as an emotional support animal so that she can take him everywhere?
I think she’s addressed this before but as she does talk about mental health from time to time I believe she made Moose her ESA through legitimate ways, probably though her own mental health physician.

She recently posted a video about her mental health. I really like seeing this calming side of her. This video should explain why she has Moose as an ESA.

I really like seeing this side of Lauren. She seems way more chill and real in this video. I think the person she talks about was her ex, Baz.
Can anyone do a TL;DR summary for me please?
I listened to it on 1.5x speed so I may have missed some stuff but essentially she was alone with a loved one who had a prolonged first time seizure on her floor. She was felt responsible for the person while simultaneously being terrified and out of control. She then spent the time after that learning how to care for this person and was constantly in fear of the next attack or of losing this person. She never got therapy or learned how to deal with this so when she moved away from home, away from her family support system she developed an irrational fear of getting sick somewhere and being trapped there. She’s constantly obsessing over not getting sick and has anxiety attacks related to this. She talks about coping mechanisms that work for her and how medication has helped her.

Honestly not a bad video, it has a very serious tone to it and her demeanour is more adult than her usual screechy self.

radishes
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by radishes »

feversugar wrote:
Hel wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:40 am
PrincessNebula wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:52 pm
waialepeach wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:42 pm
DrVanessaPoseidon wrote:I noticed that Moose was with her on the plane. Is she one of those people who signs up their pet as an emotional support animal so that she can take him everywhere?
I think she’s addressed this before but as she does talk about mental health from time to time I believe she made Moose her ESA through legitimate ways, probably though her own mental health physician.

She recently posted a video about her mental health. I really like seeing this calming side of her. This video should explain why she has Moose as an ESA.

I really like seeing this side of Lauren. She seems way more chill and real in this video. I think the person she talks about was her ex, Baz.
Can anyone do a TL;DR summary for me please?
I listened to it on 1.5x speed so I may have missed some stuff but essentially she was alone with a loved one who had a prolonged first time seizure on her floor. She was felt responsible for the person while simultaneously being terrified and out of control. She then spent the time after that learning how to care for this person and was constantly in fear of the next attack or of losing this person. She never got therapy or learned how to deal with this so when she moved away from home, away from her family support system she developed an irrational fear of getting sick somewhere and being trapped there. She’s constantly obsessing over not getting sick and has anxiety attacks related to this. She talks about coping mechanisms that work for her and how medication has helped her.

Honestly not a bad video, it has a very serious tone to it and her demeanour is more adult than her usual screechy self.
Want to clarify that she did seek therapy now and has tried several different forms of therapy. She encouraged her viewers to find the method that works for them.

I do think Lauren is a better role model for the younger kids who watch her than many of her peers. Just compare this video to Niki DeMartinos video of how she got over her flying anxiety by getting drunk through the flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anchalee
Learner
Learner

Post by Anchalee »

Castiel wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:14 pm
PrincessNebula wrote:
lelele wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:07 pm
She’s back to 8M subs lol.

What was her subscriber count before? I remember she was being close to passing Alex who has 11M
I know that socialblade isn't very accurate anymore, but it looks like her highest was 9.1million in August and has gone down since then?
Just checked her socialblade and she has lost 130K since September and it keeps decreasing. It’s not even YouTube removing the subscribers anymore too. Socialblade gives predictions and it literally says she’s gonna lose 10K more within few days lol. It’s funny also how she gets only 100-200K views per day now!

Jcrewing
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Jcrewing »

Anchalee wrote:
Castiel wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:14 pm
PrincessNebula wrote:
lelele wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:07 pm
She’s back to 8M subs lol.

What was her subscriber count before? I remember she was being close to passing Alex who has 11M
I know that socialblade isn't very accurate anymore, but it looks like her highest was 9.1million in August and has gone down since then?
Just checked her socialblade and she has lost 130K since September and it keeps decreasing. It’s not even YouTube removing the subscribers anymore too. Socialblade gives predictions and it literally says she’s gonna lose 10K more within few days lol. It’s funny also how she gets only 100-200K views per day now!
That’s cause she’s so boring and her voice is death to my ears. She has no hobbies, no talent, and her style is stuck making her look like a tacky teenager. I can’t even say she’s pretty cause she looks like a potato.

Hel
Learner
Learner

Post by Hel »

Thanks for the summary guys.

Wow, I have more respect for her, going through that and then actually finding help. A lot of YouTubers say these sad stories for sympathy and never do anything sensible like therapy or medication. Good on her, Moose is actually legit, rather than these YT who just say that so that they can get their dogs in anywhere. Very mature of her to admit all this, she didn't have to.

Hel
Learner
Learner

Post by Hel »

Thanks for the summary guys.

Wow, I have more respect for her, going through that and then actually finding help. A lot of YouTubers say these sad stories for sympathy and never do anything sensible like therapy or medication. Good on her, Moose is actually legit, rather than these YT who just say that so that they can get their dogs in anywhere. Very mature of her to admit all this, she didn't have to.

danny-devito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by danny-devito »

i never really read her forum but just watched her "painting a mural" video and i have to say.... it looks terrible :? really not sure how she's made a career out of her DIYs when she clearly isn't great at them

kpop1713
Talker
Talker

Post by kpop1713 »

I just rediscovered Laurdiy and honestly, she hasn't changed at all over the years. Same look, same style, same annoying voice with Buzz words constantly used. I like the ideas behind some of her videos, like redecorating her rooms, but I cannot listen to her anymore. She was what 16 year old me wanted to be; nice handwriting, sorority girl type. Me in my twenties would not get along with her as a friend.

jessicameowmeow
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jessicameowmeow »

Is it just me or does this girl always have a million photo shoots (I’m talking literally every week - I see her posting on her stories) for no apparent reason? She’s not a model, she’s not selling clothes/products, etc. It looks like the only reason she hires all these photographers is so she has IG pictures? I’m sorry, maybe I’m getting old but omg 😂 I guess when your life revolves around social media you find this important but wow. The vanity.

secretumbrella96
Informer
Informer

Post by secretumbrella96 »

Has anyone watched her Giving Advice series on IG story? I didn't finish that vlog where she gave advice based on situations followers submitted in so I'll be sitting this one out. But hoping someone could review it.

Billyvalentine92
Informer
Informer

Post by Billyvalentine92 »

danny-devito wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:24 pm
i never really read her forum but just watched her "painting a mural" video and i have to say.... it looks terrible :? really not sure how she's made a career out of her DIYs when she clearly isn't great at them
I am surprised she even uploaded that. It was sooooo bad!!!!

Billyvalentine92
Informer
Informer

Post by Billyvalentine92 »

The wall looks like bacon and I cannot unsee it. She messed up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

secretumbrella96
Informer
Informer

Her DIYs are always half-assed. She gets away with it because she's "cutesy and relatable" to her followers. That mural wall looks horrible, even after she repainted the stripe a new color (room video #3).

aga1007
Learner
Learner

Post by aga1007 »

cropping a brand name t-shirt that you bought at a bougie “thrift” store is not a thrift-flip. It’s BORING and overdone.

Post by Guest »

jessicameowmeow wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:53 pm
Is it just me or does this girl always have a million photo shoots (I’m talking literally every week - I see her posting on her stories) for no apparent reason? She’s not a model, she’s not selling clothes/products, etc. It looks like the only reason she hires all these photographers is so she has IG pictures? I’m sorry, maybe I’m getting old but omg 😂 I guess when your life revolves around social media you find this important but wow. The vanity.
Yes, I just can't with her. How she is even able to maintain this lifestyle with all her expenditure now she's not doing as well with views, is really beyond me. She so unrelatable these days, I haven't checked on her in months and when I do remember her I see exactly why I don't bother to follow her anymore! Her DIY's are trash as are her clothing make-overs.
Billyvalentine92 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:49 pm
The wall looks like bacon and I cannot unsee it. She messed up.
OMG It really does! LOL 🥓

secretumbrella96
Informer
Informer

"I Quit" video summary *spoiler warning*

-Quit vlogging on her main channel cause it's too much pressure. Cornered herself into thinking that the vlogs had to be action packed to be popular. Says you could sew the lifeless in her recent vlogs. Mentions the Youtube algothrim gets confused on which audience to serve her videos to since they are contrast to DIY videos.
-Discussed how she felt vlogs has to be clickbaity, which wasn't her current style. UM LAUREN. Your new video title is "I quit." How is that not clickbaity? That's the most clickbaity title any Youtuber can have to announce a minor stepping back (temporary break, pivoting to new content, etc). Fucking hypocrite.
Announcement #1: made a seperate vlog channel. Intends on it being chill. Probably weekly vlogs. Already has recorded a few vlogs.
-i found it weird she made a big deal about quitting vlogs. Then goes and announces a vlog channels and says how she loves the vlogs she will have up on the channel. And feels all inspired by vlogging.It felt like it cancelled out the point of why she's not vlogging, which was it was sucking the life out of her.
Announcement #2: podcast coming soon.
-I'm betting Jeremy or Mia will be her podcast co-host. Hoping she won't shriek on the podcasts like she does in her videos sometimes. Gosh, that would quickly turn me away from listening.

Well that's all I have since my lunch hour is over.

secretumbrella96
Informer
Informer

Is there a reason why she screeches and making gagging noises when she's disgusted by something minor. I get if it was for actually gross things, but she does it so often for random things.

Example: latest vlog where she turns her mannequin form and it squeaks (first 4 sec of video)

jessicameowmeow
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jessicameowmeow »

She’s always screeching even when she isn’t disgusted by something. It’s why I can never sit through one of her videos without getting a headache. I sincerely hope she’s much more toned down in real life cuz I don’t who could stand being around that for long periods of time

Raspberrydreamz
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Raspberrydreamz »

With her new video, this new guy is so much more mature than Guava (I think? Forget his actual name). Like, their relationship is so much more natural! It’s cute, I stan it. She seems happier too tbh. I think they equal each other out really well. .

Nicolee
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Nicolee »

She’s starting a podcast with her boyfriend. Interesting.

Return to “L-O”