ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

TV-show recommendation

Post by ggeyeliner »

Hello,
can you guys help me out. I want to start with new series but I have no idea what to watch. Maybe you have something to recommend to me?

My favorite tv-shows are :
Dexter, Breaking Bad, Friends, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, How I met your mother, Big Bang Theory, Grey's Anatomy, Vampire Diaries, Originals, Project Runway, New Girl, Cougar Town, Criminal MInds, Teen Wolf etc..

I really want to start with new series but there is so many to chose from.
ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE. Sorry for misunderstandings!

People should read everything, not the first 5 words and judge!

MadmoiselleLayla
Informer
Informer

Re: TV-show recommendation

Post by MadmoiselleLayla »

You should watch Revenge! I just started watching it and it's great so far! Once Upon A Time is also a favorite of mine that I recommend!

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ggeyeliner »

I have seen them little bit when I watch TV, little parts of random episodes and they haven't really made good impression. But at the same time, same was with GoT, I disliked it thanks to random clips but now it is my favorite show :D

I was thinking shows like
Sherlock, Agents of SHIELD, The Blacklist - are these worth to watch?
These shows are like top new shows according to media.

Worldofchances2giveu
Informer
Informer

Post by Worldofchances2giveu »

Elementary (america's version of Sherlock Holmes. However, completely different from uk's Sherlock) is pretty good.But it's one of those shows you probably should go back and watch from the beginning.

Have you tried some of the other CW shows? I'm in love with Reign (historically inaccurate but still very good first episode and the costumes are amazing.) The Tomorrow People reminds me a lot of Agents of Shield.

Sean Saves the World on NBC is a funny new comedy, it has the guy from Will and Grace on it. Ironside also on NBC, is good if your into police dramas.

I've only seen an episode of Sleepy Hollow but it was okay, and I've heard really great things about the series as it went on. Pretty much everyone i know raves about it.

Louis Vweeton
Informer
Informer

Post by Louis Vweeton »

Sherlock (BBC) is very worth a watch. The series (or seasons) are quite short, 4 episodes of about an hour each. 2 seasons. They were stellar.

American Horror Story.

Scandal. It's by Shonda Rimes from Grey's Anatomy.

Agents of SHIELD wasn't very good IMO. It doesn't quite capture the humour or team dynamics from the movies. I gave up after a few episodes and it will probably be cancelled.

If you want a superhero type of series Arrow is fantastic.

Beauty & The Beast. One of my favorite new shows. With Kristin Kreuk.
Formerly known as charmeleon1, now in tribute of OrganizedLikeJen/MyHousewifeLife

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

The IT Crowd .. it's on netflix. It's a british show and it's hilarious.

Orange Is The New Black is always quite funny (netflix series)

House of Cards is a really good show about politics, I myself don't follow or care about politics but this show is so easy to understand and has great acting, a great script, great actors (Kevin Spacey, Kate Mara, Robin Wright, etc. also a netflix series).

True Blood is a way better version of Vampire Diaries in my opinion, not as cheesy and is more mature, better story lines, etc.

Skins - the british version- very good show about teenagers, characters are very likeable and relatable

The Misfits- also another british show- about teenagers who are doing community service from being arrested and end up with super powers

Nikita- about a kick-ass woman! I love the plots and story lines, also some great actors (Melinda Clarke, Shane West)

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow »

I'd reccomend the show Masters of Sex, it's on Lifetime/showtime/something like that (I'm not from the US), whith Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan. There is obviously sex in the show, but it's super interesting. It's set around the sex researchers William Masters and Virginia Johnson. It airs in the US on Sundays, and it's current!

LexiPorter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LexiPorter »

The Blacklist is a MUST. It's seriously the best show ever! Fuck, I even started looking forward to Mondays because of that show! + Diego Klattenhoff is in it and he's like the sexiest man I have ever seen.

eleventhirty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by eleventhirty »

Supernatural
Primeval
Sherlock BBC
Revenge

Second vote for IT Crowd! it's so funny
The Inbetweeners
Peep Show
And if you like Friends, the brit show they made Friends after is called Coupling, it's fun you might like it.

I've been watching Once Upon a Time and it is pretty corny, predictable at times also, but pretty addictive. I think it's made by the people that made Lost.

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ggeyeliner »

I watched just Sherlock and love it. Blacklist also. SHIELD I haven't seen yet, but I'm waiting til whole season is done.

I just watched all HP movies and I'm into little bit fantasy and something like that. Any recommendations ?

Also, I looked again here and there some shows and what caught my eye were Supernatural, Doctor Who, Misfits and Sleepy Hollow... Are they good?
Also some cop shows like Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Rookie Blue.

Also, I kinda like Made In Chelsea and The Hills and all those stupid drama shows :D Do you have anything similar to that too?

kittycatpancake
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kittycatpancake »

Supernatural for sure, and I agree with the British version of Skins. Lots of your favorites are my favorites too.

Start Supernatural from the beginning.

Morena_p
Informer
Informer

Post by Morena_p »

Scandal and breaking bad!

MsBuckingham
Talker
Talker

Post by MsBuckingham »

WiiKristina wrote:I'd reccomend the show Masters of Sex, it's on Lifetime/showtime/something like that (I'm not from the US), whith Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan. There is obviously sex in the show, but it's super interesting. It's set around the sex researchers William Masters and Virginia Johnson. It airs in the US on Sundays, and it's current!

I know this thread is old but I second that. Masters of Sex (on Showtime not Lifetime which is a hilarious mix-up if you know what kind of things Lifetime broadcasts :p) is brilliant.

I'd also recommend Parenthood, which is a realistic show about a family with a lot of heart and the very opposite of preachy. We're starting the second part of the fifth season now so quite a lot to watch to catch up but when I discovered Parenthood I watched the first four seasons in a week, it was that good.

Those are the two shows I'm watching that are still airing.

losiento
Informer
Informer

Post by losiento »

HBO's Girls ? i think people either love it or hate it but i love it. i don't like this show because i think it's realistic or i love one of the characters. i just think it's hilarious to watch, simply. the dialogues are so fun.

Aubade
Debater
Debater

Post by Aubade »

Gilmore Girls - could be considered 'old' but still hilarious and I love all the characters.

And if you don't have time to watch 7 seasons with 22 episodes, these shows I've loved and only have one short season yet:

- Orange is the new black
- Orphan black
- Under the dome

Return to “TV Shows”