Nightmares - every night

Winter song
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nightmares - every night

Post by Winter song »

I used to be the exact same way. I had multiple nightmares every single night for over a year and they were so realistic and so terrifying that I was too scared to even go back to sleep so I would force myself to stay awake just so I wouldn't have to have another nightmare. At the time, I had a lot of anxiety and stress in my life that I could not really vent out to anybody so I felt my brain was unwinding all of that negative energy into my dreams. Is there anything in your life that is bothering you or stressing you out? That is usually the main cause of reoccurring nightmares rather than things you are eating/doing before bed. Also the fact that you are afraid and thinking about that you will have another nightmare is probably contributing to having a bad dream. You need to really examine your life and find out if there is anything in the back of your mind that is constantly worrying you even though you aren't always thinking about it and make sure you are relaxed and in a good mind set ready to have a good dream before you sleep. Do not go to sleep afraid because you will have a bad dream.

justanotherhater

Post by justanotherhater »

I'm so sorry you're going through night terrors, I've suffered with them too. My night terrors included my father, the details are not important, but it happened daily for a long time. I've looked into it. The best suggestions someone has given me is, to the face the issue that terrorizes me in the dream. Have you ever tried to get over your fear of spiders? maybe facing your fears is the best solution to end your night terrors for good. After I solved my unresolved issues and confronted my fear in real life, my issues with nightmares ended. I hope this helped. If you take any form of sleeping medication, whether herbal/natural or not, please don't, as these DO sometimes cause a ton of nightmares.

justanotherhater

Post by justanotherhater »

Jessie226 wrote:I have night terrors regularly, too! They are absolutely terrifying. I swear I can feel people's hands on me but I'm paralysed. Can't move at all or scream no matter how hard I try. It happens most often after the weekend if I've been out or if I'm extra tired.
That's called sleep paralysis and I have them too. Irregular sleeping patterns, fatigue, stress and sleep deprivation can cause this to happen. They are horrible and usually give me an anxiety attack afterwards.

hanmyo
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by hanmyo »

I'm glad this thread is here!

Recently I have been suffering from night terrors too. I sleep so badly so I have to get up to use the rest room frequently and during the night and I suffer from clenching my jaw too hard so I wake up with headaches.

All of this is related to stress. I work three different jobs but my husband and I are still having money problems. We are having relationship problems and it feels like its all closing in on me.

In my dreams I have ripped my teeth out, looked after giant snails at the daycare I work at, seen brutal murders, and I have died.
I dont know what do do anymore.
"Would you censor the Venus de Venus just because you can see her spewers?"

Return to “Sleep”