emilynoel83 part 2

puppymomma4

Re: emilynoel83 part 2

Post by puppymomma4 »

I think once BBX flops, and I really believe it will, we'll be hearing about a BB baby. She's not getting any younger, and as BB and BB Live continue to dwindle in viewership, it'll become a more and more attractive option.

puppymomma4

Post by puppymomma4 »

Perhaps BB Baby will get its own Twitter and Facebook like The Cake.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by Fat Shark »

Ugh, can I tell you how much it irritates me when she calls her cat those stupid nicknames? Caker? Baker? And Cupcake ain't that cute anymore. Time to get going with the babies!
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

puppymomma4

Post by puppymomma4 »

Truly, she was at the height of her success when she left the news. It's been nothing but downhill since. If the big offer from QVC or a beauty brand was going to come, it would have. She's been around the block, and nothing incredibly fabulous has materialized from her vids. She's going to be thirty in a couple months, and if they want more than one, they need to get crackin'. Not to mention, Tyler's got to have just the tiniest bit of resentment when he leaves for work in the morning, and she's there on her duff primping, QVC on waiting for Hoda and Kathy Lee to come on.

SilverMiko
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by SilverMiko »

I think instead of making more videos and more channels, she should focus on making more quality content and curation for her blog and post maybe 2-3 videos a week instead. I think that sort of shift would give her more to work on during her days if she concentrated more dedicatedly on written content. Outside of just reviews or spotting new things, she can add tips and tricks, use her blog more for dupe comparisons, or feature guest posts from members of her online community. It's better to have quality over quantity and not force video posts so frequently if you don't have anything really worthwhile to post about. She could maybe reach out to Good Housekeeping, Woman's World, etc. about doing a few beauty product columns or reviews since she has the sort of tone that works for those kinds of publications.
I think ultimately she has to determine what her long-term goals are for Beauty Broadcast and better find a way to get there.

andsheleft
Learner
Learner

Post by andsheleft »

Bailey b from making up the Midwest! I can't believe Emily is so obviously ripping her off!

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

It's not a new idea from Emily. She started a series of short reviews quite a while ago but she dropped it and didn't go back to it. I doubt she is intentionally ripping off anyone

Aha! I found it! I was able to go back and find one of the reviews she called "Revved-Up Reviews" from 2011. I couldn't remember what the stupid things were called. She did a few then just dropped these.

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by Fat Shark on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andsheleft
Learner
Learner

Post by andsheleft »

Illinois too!

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

I'm remembering... She was going to do several short reviews on products and post them all that the same time, so she would upload 3 short videos at once. She said so they would be quick and short and get to the jist. She did one series and never did it again. lol.

ETA:How long has Emily been trapped in that damn room? It feels like ages.

choochy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by choochy »

holy crap...there is a 17:55 long video in the form of a one brand tutorial for benefit in my sub box...I think it may be time to cut poor Emily loose and watch videos that peeps mention here that are of interest.

i'd give lisa eldridge that much of my time but I ain't going to bother with that one from Emily...it is going to be the same smokey eye, same "go to" fake eyelashes...just protracted mediocre suffering...ugh. sweet loving lord.
:love2: :love2:

SilverMiko
Debater
Debater

Post by SilverMiko »

Daaaaamn that shade of Some Kind of Gorgeous is way too dark for her.

puppymomma4

Post by puppymomma4 »

A few observations from Benefit one brand:

The way she said, "I'm Cute as a Bunny, Honey," made me want to vomit. My stomach actually lurched. It was a Midwest version of Melphs. Gag.

Creepy blusher face made its reappearance!

The magenta room still looks like a dungeon.

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

Fuchsiarama wrote:I'm remembering... She was going to do several short reviews on products and post them all that the same time, so she would upload 3 short videos at once. She said so they would be quick and short and get to the jist. She did one series and never did it again. lol.

ETA:How long has Emily been trapped in that damn room? It feels like ages.
I think she tried it twice in the same summer and forgot about it like many of her other series. I do remember her makeup in those videos being awful o.o ETA: Or maybe I'm thinking of her reviewathon days...
In a previous post some time ago, I think I looked up when they moved into the house, like summer 2010 or so?
choochy wrote:holy crap...there is a 17:55 long video in the form of a one brand tutorial for benefit in my sub box....
It's cuz she did a tutorial with review and then review round 2 afterwards. Idk why she doesn't just use the format she uses when she reviews multiple products at once. Like review and cut to her applying (without talking) with the review voiced over. It'd probably still be long but not as long.
[as knowledgable as Lisa is, I can't say a long video from her would always be informative/interesting to watch for me]

razzledazzle
Informer
Informer

Post by razzledazzle »

Watching that revved up review was sad to me, because there she was peppy and funny and seemed upbeat and really...alive with vigor! She also looked much better. Now she is a little bit slower, almost depressed but putting on a good front/effort to smooth over her feelings, and really does not look that good, especially compared to that video. Her skin just doesn't glow/look good like it used to. Remember people used to say that she didn't even need to use face makeup? Well, I think now for sure she has to.

I honestly do see her has somewhat depressed, or maybe that is not a good word, but maybe dissapointed and let down with what her choice has become? I don't know, she just doesn't have that "it' factor she once had that truly was there all along until she quit her job. Her voice was almost signing in that revved up video! She seemed really bubbly and overall happy.

She seems to be missing something these days. Who knows, really, but I think that I agree with what someone else said which was that she grossly overestimated her need to be around others. Remember those videos of the coffee drinking she made with her co-workers? She was having a blast. Maybe she is bored, but there is also more to it. Her mood is not the same.

I know it is not good to make plans for other people, but if I were her, I would go and ask the news station if they could use me on a part time basis. Maybe do the news on the weekend like she used to. I think this would put the pep back in her step.

puppymomma4

Post by puppymomma4 »

She's not going back to that station with her tail between her legs. Even if she did, I think they'd tell her she's s.o.l.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

She seems to be missing something these days. Who knows, really, but I think that I agree with what someone else said which was that she grossly overestimated her need to be around others. Remember those videos of the coffee drinking she made with her co-workers? She was having a blast. Maybe she is bored, but there is also more to it. Her mood is not the same.

I know it is not good to make plans for other people, but if I were her, I would go and ask the news station if they could use me on a part time basis. Maybe do the news on the weekend like she used to. I think this would put the pep back in her step.[/quote]

I think she is enjoying being able to sleep normally and spend more time with Tyler. She seems to be traveling alot on weekends to go see friends in other states, but that is not the same as daily stimulation from being around other people. Don't take this the wrong way, but Emily is educated and more intelligent than a lot of the gurus who stay at home. She is just on a different level than many of them. As much as she loves makeup, I don't think blogging and doing videos is enough to keep her content. Maybe she does need to have a baby. It would give her something more to think about and vlog about.

She said awhile back in a question-answer video that she and Tyler weren't ready for kids yet. That there were things career wise that both wanted to accomplish before children. I just don't see her beauty career progressing anywhere. I believe she felt like QVC was going to snatch her up as soon as she left the news job and it has not happened. Has anyone noticed she has stopped raving about Mally so much? Maybe she realizes QVC is not in the cards. The videos she made for them were so bad, they could not have possibly helped her chances. I can't help but feel bad for Emily.
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

Return to “Emilynoel83”