Fashion Advice?

kennalovesbooks
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fashion Advice?

Post by kennalovesbooks »

I want to start off by apologizing because this might belong in the Fashion board? I'm not 100% sure. But more recently I've finally started to lose weight and a lot of my old comfy clothes stopped fitting, so I've decided to start shopping around for new clothes for this spring/summer. The only issue is that I have more of a style in the fall and winter time than I do in the summer. I love dark maroon sweaters and big cardigans and infinity scarves, and but I've never had a set 'summer/spring equivalent'. I do have a Polyvore collection of clothes Here: http://www.polyvore.com/kallies_closet/ ... id=4692191 , that best describes my winter/fall style, but my question for you beautiful people is, how do I translate this style to my Spring/Summer style? It's not like I live in a climate where I can continue with sweaters and leggings and velvet skirts all year long.

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Fashion Advice?

Post by Pastel »

Looking at your polyvore collection, I'm mostly seeing somewhat muted colors - which should be easy enough to bring into spring and summer, particularly the cream colour that pops up several times on your items.

I think it'd be nice to keep the muted palette but also bring in some prints. It doesn't have to be bright florals, there are plenty of options for calmer prints that are still spring appropriate. I'm not sure what your climate is like, but I personally like pairing thin, plain jumpers and t-shirts with skirts that have either a brighter (but not too bright) color or a print. I also do it the other way around, a short-ish flowy skirt and a t-shirt with some motive.

Also dresses, obviously, there are lots of retro-ish dresses this season that would fit nicely with the stuff on your board.

Another note: polyvore uses tags, so it might be helpful for you to have a look at the tags on your collection. That might lead to similar items or other tags that could help you find stuff you like :D

patriciaringca
Lurker
Lurker

Post by patriciaringca »

I like simplicity, rather elegant, nothing nutritious. But at the same time I need a little youth. I love to wear dark trousers, loose shirt, cardigans and espadrille. But now in the summer I suffer, I can not afford a skirt, in a long time as a harvester I have 1.80 :roll: whether it is autumn.

RahulSHrs
Stalker
Stalker

Post by RahulSHrs »

Hello I want to have a fashion advice from here if anybody what color combinations will be suited other than black n white I sometimes bit confused.

stellacook
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by stellacook »

Leather is a classic staple that can easily elevate any look and can be worn in so many different ways. My all-time fashion advice with leather would be to go for timeless pieces like a leather jacket or skirt, as they never go out of style and can easily be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. Additionally, make sure to invest in quality leather pieces that will last you for years to come!

lisanclark
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by lisanclark »

I understand that it can be overwhelming to find new clothes that suit your style and fit perfectly. To help you out with this, I suggest you start by looking for airy and light fabrics like cotton, linen and chiffon. You can also look for bright colors, floral prints and fun accessories to liven up your spring/summer wardrobe.

Soundaci
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Soundaci »

I like to wear loose clothes, it's suitable for my work.

Return to “Fashion Discussion”