Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pick Up Limes

Post by blopez77 »

sv90 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:59 am
I just don't understans why everyone is so obssed with her. She is obviously so fake and clearly have some eating disorders
I haven't been on this page in a WHILE, but I think it's more so that she portrays a 100% happy front on her videos and social media which is not necessarily a bad thing, but it does seem disingenuous at times, I do have to strongly agree on that.
Especially since I've seen some clips of her bloopers where she immediately switches faces from overly happy (like full face smiling to the point where her eyes shut) to like RBF, so it's clearly something she switches in between. And her deleting a lot of older videos (you can see them in the list of playlists), is really indicative of her need for control/perfection (which again, is not a bad thing) but just saying, she's far from perfect. About >50% of her recipes are pretty repetitive, it's like she reads other blogs before she finds new ingredients to use. I see A LOT of overlap between her and other vegan blogs and they've posted similar recipes either months or years ago like RainbowPlantLife, etc.

paintmedance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paintmedance »

Quite random but I think she'd look really good with shorter hair for a change, even a bob or long bob. Her hair is so long and it looks like it covers half her face sometimes because it's parted so far to the side.

sv90
Learner
Learner

Post by sv90 »

effervescent wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:14 am
Well I’m not vegan but I do pop in every once in a while because she does have some pretty good recipes and every video is well produced and calming. She obviously has a team that puts a lot of care into the content. I’m sure she’s not 100% the woman she portrays in her videos either.
Agree. No one is ever that happy and calm all the time.

sv90
Learner
Learner

Post by sv90 »

paintmedance wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:46 am
Quite random but I think she'd look really good with shorter hair for a change, even a bob or long bob. Her hair is so long and it looks like it covers half her face sometimes because it's parted so far to the side.
I think so too but if you have been following her for a while now you would know that she is frugal and cuts her own hair. I highly doubt it that she would pay someone for a haircut.

sv90
Learner
Learner

Post by sv90 »

slamvs27 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:55 pm
At this point sv90 is obv some jealous ex-friend or something. The level of repetition about the alcohol and "Holier than thou" thing is really creepy and weird, like robot rhetoric. They prob refresh this page all day too, judging by how fast and frequent the replies are. It's really scary tbh.
You are obviously an obsessed fan. No, I do not her personally but I hate girls like her who acts like they are so much better than everyone

toocurious
Stalker
Stalker

Post by toocurious »

icantevenwithpeople wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:34 am
sv90 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:10 pm
I really like her recipes. I do think she is kind of fake the way she speaks and talks. She also seems like a very controlling person someone who would force her beliefs on her partner. for example minimalism, veganism and saving money. Robin dresses really nice but she not so much I think its because of minimalism. Another reason I think she forces her beliefs on Robin is because of her post about plants. She was so happy that Robin wanted to buy plants. Like seriously???? What does it matter? I bet she forces Minimalism on him as well. I also think she has that Holier than thou attitude because she does not drink. We see Robin drink in her videos but she never drinks. I think it is because she thinks she is better than everyone else.
I didn't think it was a holier than thou attitude. She's probably Muslim and I'm assuming she is a practising Muslim so it is not allowed in her religion.
Muslim maybe, practicing? Doubtful.

paintmedance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paintmedance »

They took a long break and had a big reveal... that they are redoing the website? Seems a bit overdramatic. I remember her taking a break because she fell off her bike, and taking a break to "support" Robin as he was doing his final PHD work, which I found a bit weird.

sv90
Learner
Learner

Post by sv90 »

paintmedance wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:15 am
They took a long break and had a big reveal... that they are redoing the website? Seems a bit overdramatic. I remember her taking a break because she fell off her bike, and taking a break to "support" Robin as he was doing his final PHD work, which I found a bit weird.
She tries to act like a perfect supporting GF. She is always so dramatic. She has a whole team behind pick up limes even though most youtubers just work alone. if they were updating the website She didn't have to take an extended break. Her new video is extremely fake. You can tell she is way more into Robin than he is into her.

hysteriiia
Learner
Learner

Post by hysteriiia »

paintmedance wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:15 am
it seems to me that the best way to support Robin during a busy and challenging time is to cook him every meal so as to give him maximum time to focus, which is already what she's doing for a living, lol.

blopez77
Learner
Learner

Post by blopez77 »

sadia acne.png
Nobody has perfect skin, but she's clearly wearing foundation in her video dedicated to skin where she claims to only use coconut oil and now there are links on her website to skincare products she uses.. guess the coconut oil didn't work after all which I'm sure she'll never admit because she puts up a facade of perfection. And in this video, there's no blurring effect that she usually uses so you can see her real skin which.. why would someone that doesn't have good skin make a video giving tips on getting good skin? :rofl: Also.. she says she only uses coconut oil in her hair, her hair ALWAYS looks greasy

P.S.- I don't believe the whole website thing, any chance she got Covid and hid it for months so she could keep up her image of perfection online?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hysteriiia
Learner
Learner

Post by hysteriiia »

Yes she always has bumps on her forehead, she always has as long as I can remember. I can't help but think it's ironic because forehead acne is said to stem from digestive issues (and chin acne = hormonal) and she's a dietician.
I don't think her hair looks greasy though, I think it looks soft and light, not heavy like greasy hair.

I think she'd be the type to say she has covid, to collect encouragements online, if anything. but i might be wrong.
She doesn't need a big reason to take a pause ; paintmedance mentionned earlier that she took a break because she fell off her bike, and took a break to "support" Robin as he was doing his final PHD work. So...

veganyoghurt
Learner
Learner

Post by veganyoghurt »

blopez77 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:22 pm
sv90 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:01 am
Honestly, I was thinking the same thing. I really think that she is a different person once she started making money. I really think she bought new clothes because Robin dresses really well. Robin dresses better than her. Maybe she is insecure.

Thank You for saying that it is strange that she cooks while they are on vacation. You are supposed to relax and have fun while on vacation, not grocery shopping and cooking. I thought she does this to save money now I think its because of her obsession with healthy eating. Even when she travels she packs her own food. That is not someone who works full time can do. Someone who works full time does not have time to cook three meals a night before they are going to leave. So she is not relatable. Have you Noticed how she obsessively stops and buys fruit for snacks every time they go on a road trip? Like she is afraid that she will end up snacking on something unhealthy if she gets hungry. Again this is not normal behavior.
I couldn't have said it better myself! Yes, she has been dressing more of Robin's style, but I also think when you live with someone it's natural to pick up things about them. Am I the only one that thinks that she became "minimalist" as an excuse because she was living off of Robin's money for a while before her brand picked up? I'd say that's pretty decent to not want to leech off your partner for your excessive lifestyle, but that's not what minimalism is? It's wanting and being happy with less. Not buying back the "quality" things you couldn't buy during the time you weren't financially independent, you know?

Also, I don't understand another thing. She said in an Avantgardevegan video that her mom is scared of food with alcohol in it and knowing that Sadia herself doesn't drink alcohol.. if she comes from a conservative middle eastern family, I'm surprised they let her move country to live with her boyfriend and there was one family trip video where they went camping in Canada and it was clear Robin and Sadia shared a tent, while all her family was there. Hmm, no hate, just curious about that.

She has the same sweaters and cardigans in the same colors, or same styles and different colors.. I mean you're not fooling me. I can clearly see they're different patterns and different articles of clothing. Lol

Also if the channel is about minimalism.. where did the minimalism videos go?? It's all about food now, and I think her recipes are really really underwhelming. Hummus sandwich? Chickpea curry? All those are already on vegan blogs
She was born in Pakistan and both her parents are from Aghanistan. Pakistan and Afghanistan are NOT part of Middle East, they are not Middle eastern people. Arab, Iranians, turk and mizrahi jews are middle easterns... I guess ppl thought she was middle eastern because she makes hummus...

veganyoghurt
Learner
Learner

Post by veganyoghurt »

blopez77 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:22 pm
sv90 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:01 am
Honestly, I was thinking the same thing. I really think that she is a different person once she started making money. I really think she bought new clothes because Robin dresses really well. Robin dresses better than her. Maybe she is insecure.

Thank You for saying that it is strange that she cooks while they are on vacation. You are supposed to relax and have fun while on vacation, not grocery shopping and cooking. I thought she does this to save money now I think its because of her obsession with healthy eating. Even when she travels she packs her own food. That is not someone who works full time can do. Someone who works full time does not have time to cook three meals a night before they are going to leave. So she is not relatable. Have you Noticed how she obsessively stops and buys fruit for snacks every time they go on a road trip? Like she is afraid that she will end up snacking on something unhealthy if she gets hungry. Again this is not normal behavior.
I couldn't have said it better myself! Yes, she has been dressing more of Robin's style, but I also think when you live with someone it's natural to pick up things about them. Am I the only one that thinks that she became "minimalist" as an excuse because she was living off of Robin's money for a while before her brand picked up? I'd say that's pretty decent to not want to leech off your partner for your excessive lifestyle, but that's not what minimalism is? It's wanting and being happy with less. Not buying back the "quality" things you couldn't buy during the time you weren't financially independent, you know?

Also, I don't understand another thing. She said in an Avantgardevegan video that her mom is scared of food with alcohol in it and knowing that Sadia herself doesn't drink alcohol.. if she comes from a conservative middle eastern family, I'm surprised they let her move country to live with her boyfriend and there was one family trip video where they went camping in Canada and it was clear Robin and Sadia shared a tent, while all her family was there. Hmm, no hate, just curious about that.

She has the same sweaters and cardigans in the same colors, or same styles and different colors.. I mean you're not fooling me. I can clearly see they're different patterns and different articles of clothing. Lol

Also if the channel is about minimalism.. where did the minimalism videos go?? It's all about food now, and I think her recipes are really really underwhelming. Hummus sandwich? Chickpea curry? All those are already on vegan blogs
She was born in Pakistan and both her parents are from Aghanistan. Pakistan and Afghanistan are NOT part of Middle East, they are not Middle eastern people. Arab, Iranians, turk and mizrahi jews are middle easterns... I guess ppl thought she was middle eastern because she makes hummus...Pakistan is in south asia, and aghanistan is part of central asia.Also Robin is part Indonesian (or malay) and majority of Indonesia and malaysia are muslims.

Toshinori7
Debater
Debater

Post by Toshinori7 »

I like her videos a lot. She’s very pretty. I don’t really like Robin for her as a partner thou. Like everyone else said , he seems passive aggressive. She loves him more than he loves her for sure.

Return to “N-Z”