Hair Oils

idekman
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hair Oils

Post by idekman »

Orofluido Hair Elixir is the best oil out there, trust me. I've gone through so many brands and no one works as well as this one. It smells fantastic but it's not a heavy scent that lingers forever. It makes your hair shiny and silky, and it hydrates it so much. It has improved the health and condition of my hair more than anything before it ever has. The reviews on Amazon doesn't lie, let me tell you that.
"I had nice birds before that would come down and swoop down and steal my spaghetti and I laughed when I was a kid."

MajesticPopcorn
Learner
Learner

Post by MajesticPopcorn »

Maybe someone can recommend me some brand oils? I have long hair and ends are a problematic (I will trim them in couple of weeks). I live in Europe, a baltic country so maybe someone knows some products with oils in them? Thank you!

sairaintheskies
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sairaintheskies »

Argan oil and sweet almond oil have been my best friends. Use a little after I wash my hair, focusing on the ends. Works wonders! :tu:

picklerick
Informer
Informer

Post by picklerick »

What is the best way to use oils on your hair? I've bleached the crap out of mine, but I've read that oils are super beneficial. Where do I start? I've come across so much information that contradicts itself. :/
tittysprinkles

Post by Guest »

I have long curly hair which I never brush or use heat on. I dry it by ‘plopping’ into a t-shirt. I use the Aussie oil just rubbed between hands and smoothed through the ends whenever it feels a bit ‘fluffy’. It’s lovely and smells nice too. I’ve also used pure coconut oil

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 »

I think it depends on your hair type, I have normal (maybe more on the fine side) wavy hair and one thing I used to do wrong for ages is I put the oil on my already dry hair and it made it look greasy.

se yeah use it on wet hair, idk what brands do u have there but I'm sure you have Dove, they have a few types, or Elseve even. I honestly always choose according to which one smells best :? :D d you have the brand Balea in your country? It's super cheap and they have a hair oil smells like heaven!

i also use pure coconut oil, i put TONS of it on my dry hair, put it up and put a towel on it, leave it on for a few hours and then go wash it off. you're gonna have to shampoo 2 or 3 times cause it's greasy af.

Post by Guest »

Castor oil is amazing!

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chlorophyll »

I've always been told that leaving an oil mix in your hair overnight and washing it out in the morning is the best for damaged hair, because your hair/scalp have enough time to absorb all the fatty acids and antioxidants. Your hair is dead protein and it only passively absorbs, it's not like the active absorption that your skin can do. Plus the oil keeps your hair shafts from being damaged by the swell/crack action of water absorption (for that one time that you wash your hair, at least.) You can look up articles about coconut oil protecting hair from water damage because of the lauric acid it contains, but a lot of them are older. I don't think anyone has done any recent research on it.

But I think most people only have the time or energy to put a little oil in their hair as a leave-in treatment. Which is better than nothing, I guess. There are also people who add a few drops of hair-friendly oils to their conditioner. That one never made any sense for me because the oil is just going to get washed away with your conditioner! Those seem to help a little for me, but the overnight pre-wash treatment is definitely the best imho. It's the messiest and most expensive of your options, but it works WONDERS. It's cheaper and more natural than professional hair lamination.

I like to microwave some coconut oil with a few other oils then put it in a spray bottle and really saturate my hair and scalp. Then I'll wrap everything up in a towel or whatever. It might take 2-4 shampoos the next morning to get it all out, but the results are DEFINITELY worth it!
I am most likely not going to be returning to the forum in the future! But I would like to thank all of you for the advise, humor, and support I have received during my years of participation here. This place doesn't deserve the hate it gets! :tu:

TJB86
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by TJB86 »

So glad I found this thread! I was actually at the hairdresser today and she spent ages trying to sell me some expensive morrocan oil :? I use jojoba oil on my skin every day as I have mild eczema, but hadnt thought of using it in my hair. Im gonna experiment with that next. Thanks :)

sebbe
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by sebbe »

I use argan oil. but it makes my hair just shining. I don`t see other effects. coconut oil makes my hair soft^^

bohoho
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by bohoho »

You would better use oils carefuly. They can make your hair dry

Selia11
Debater
Debater