Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Plethora of Prams Pentland and her Plentiful Publications part 19

Post by chinese_whispers »

ladylulu wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:24 pm
I just had a thought. Darcy has Louise's ex's last name because Darcy was had when Louise was married. Pearl has Louise's last name because, to quote Louise, her and Liam were not married when they had her. I have no issue with this, give your child whatever surname you want. However, once Louise and Liam get married if they have another child what would the child's last name be? Would they be another firstname Pentland? Or would it be firstname Liam's last name? Would Liam want a child they have together once married to have his name? And then Louise would have three children with different last names?
Who's to say Louise will take Liam's name when they get married?

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

chinese_whispers wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:11 am
ladylulu wrote:
I just had a thought. Darcy has Louise's ex's last name because Darcy was had when Louise was married. Pearl has Louise's last name because, to quote Louise, her and Liam were not married when they had her. I have no issue with this, give your child whatever surname you want. However, once Louise and Liam get married if they have another child what would the child's last name be? Would they be another firstname Pentland? Or would it be firstname Liam's last name? Would Liam want a child they have together once married to have his name? And then Louise would have three children with different last names?
I don't think the person was implying she would change it. I agree with their sentiment though, although she might change Pearl's surname to Liam's once they're married.

chinese_whispers
Talker
Talker

Post by chinese_whispers »

ECH wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:25 am
chinese_whispers wrote:
ladylulu wrote:
I don't think the person was implying she would change it. I agree with their sentiment though, although she might change Pearl's surname to Liam's once they're married.
I took it as an implication because the only reason she would have to change Pearls name is if she changed her own and tbh I can't really see that happening. Maybe it wasn't and I'm sorry if so.

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

Louise has already said she won’t be changing her last name once she marries Liam. I also don’t see another kid in their future but obviously I have no basis for that, she just doesn’t seem like she wants another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ladylulu
Learner
Learner

Post by ladylulu »

chinese_whispers wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 am
ECH wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:25 am
chinese_whispers wrote:
ladylulu wrote:
I took it as an implication because the only reason she would have to change Pearls name is if she changed her own and tbh I can't really see that happening. Maybe it wasn't and I'm sorry if so.
I was not implying she'd take his name; I'm fairly certain she won't just based on things she's said in the past. I just meant that one of her main reasons for not giving Pearl Liam's last name was that they weren't married when they had her. I also wasn't saying that she'd change Pearl's name to Liam's last name, I was just curious if they had another kid if that kid would also be a Pentland. I don't think it's strange for an unmarried mother to give a child her name but it's just very counter Western culture for a married couple to have children with the woman's last name, no hypen or nothing. Then again, it's her children and I'm sure Liam and her have had lots of conversations about it. I probably just have Western blinders on so the whole situation feels a bit strange.

I know some of you are skeptical about Louise having another kid but I'm in the yes camp rather than the no camp. She's only 34 so she has a few more years to consider it. She clearly has the means so that removes the financial worry. Her very positive birthing story has made her less scared of childbirth. She talks about wanting to keep "lovely nanny" forever so presumably she'd already have childcare lined up. And, I think she really does love Liam and would probably want more kids with him. In her latest vlog she was crying about how she fell in love with him and I found it very genuine and heartwarming. Their relationship seems to have healed a lot of issues from her divorce. She went from not wanting Liam at pregnancy check-in appointments to wanting him there for the birth. I think having Pearl brought them together and they're clearly excited to get married so I can see them excited for another kid in the next few years.

Smarties
Informer
Informer

Post by Smarties »

I just can‘t with her congratulating Boris Johnson on his newest kid on the way and then acting surprised and offended when people call her a tory.

Like are you congratulating every pregnant person out there because it‘s just about „lovely babies“? Especially during a time like this when he‘s mismanaging the pandemic. Really tone-deaf. Made me roll my eyes.

fuckedoff
Informer
Informer

Post by fuckedoff »

I'm all for self care and taking annual leave but I think it's quite distasteful to skip out on your job for 2 weeks because you feel down about coronavirus, when so many people dont even have the option to work or have lost their jobs

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

Did she say somewhere she was faking a break? It was all about the news stories of her grandad and then nothing. Not even any insta or fb lives.

polarbearninja
Informer
Informer

Post by polarbearninja »

Louise is taking a lot of time off and not posting as much but I mean that doesn't mean she's being paid a tonne to do nothing.

If she's got less content coming out sure will be creating less revenue surely.. no videos to have ads on, no spons etc.

I don't know how Gleam works (assume they don't pay YouTubers the same regardless of uploads? I could be wrong) but I just assumed that if she's not uploading as much that it would be reflected in how much money she makes in a given month.

It's up to her if she's prepared to miss out on money. I think that way about every Youtuber that doesn't bother to make videos for a long time.. it's their loss and not like I'm paying them to show up.

Embee93
Learner
Learner

Post by Embee93 »

She has done a nice job of that house although she would have been better off properly researching first before throwing money at it, who buys a kitchen like that from Wickes? Go to the trade places.

I will say I think she’s naive when she wants someone to love and take care of the property. Plenty of people will do just that, but there is a large percentage of the population who will just trash it and take advantage of her seemingly good nature and intentions.

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

Has anyone read the new book?

NyxIsis
Informer
Informer

Post by NyxIsis »

I keep meanign to borrow her others novels and non-fiction book out of my library but I end up sticking other books higher on my priority list to borrow so it will take a while. I would have a look at this Mum Life one though.

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Plethora of Prams Pentland and her Plentiful Publications part 19

Post by ifucsam »

She’s been pinning a lot of baby announcement ideas lately on Pinterest.

Return to “Louise Pentland”