Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Simming Community

Post by catmeowkun »

g1ovanni wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:48 pm
catmeowkun wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:44 pm
I wonder why Kayla didn't get the pack early...
yeah, i wonder too. but im sure as hell she's bitter about it haha
Yeah she's def gonna whine about it forever, but tbh I'm interested to see how she'll review it. Plumbella tore it to absolute shreds and rightfully so, it looks terrible. I can't imagine Kayla would genuinely like it at all. Not getting early access should just be the icing on the cake for how little reason she has to positively review the pack. Star wars fans are not happy with it, so she can't even do the 'everyone likes star wars' angle like she did with the reveal. There is just nothing for her to be positive about, it's the complete opposite of everything she likes.

She already hates occults/anything she deems 'weird', and the 'aliens' in this pack are just human sims with hats, socks and gloves which is beyond lazy. Many of the in game clothes and objects have alpha looking textures which she hates, she is never going to use any of them for her suburban family gameplay. Not to mention there's not a single lot for her to build on, everything is just rabbit holes and debug objects. She can't even use her usual defence that the pack is 'sooooo well done and the devs worked soooooo hard' because it's just lazy shortcuts everywhere. So if she tries to sugarcoat or defend it a la Deli and Clare she's going to lose any last shred of dignity and credibility she has.

lizaevie90
Learner
Learner

Post by lizaevie90 »

every single Kayla video now is her passively aggressively 'joking' about not getting early access. STFU.

mtnofthesun
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mtnofthesun »

I'm new/old to this thread (I had an old account and deleted it and now I'm back!) and I just wanted to bring up how much I absolutely hate Kayla's builds. How does she expect to keep uploading the literal same interiors over and over again and people not get bored of her mediocre content? I went to her comments and it's just people making jokes and being overall oblivious (or choosing to ignore the fact) that all of her interiors are identical. Use something other than base game and boring, ugly brown wood! Who's gonna tell hah?

SnackerdoodleDoo
Talker
Talker

Post by SnackerdoodleDoo »

marielljyr wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:32 pm
I don't know if this has been talked about before, but I find deligracy REALLY annoying. She has the most annoying voice and pretends to be dumb
I couldn't agree more. I can't stand her. And now she's suddenly in James's videos and I swear I might check outta those too. Like, I haven't watched him in awhile but now seeing he's having her in them.... Ugh. Over it.

catmeowkun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catmeowkun »

mtnofthesun wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:40 pm
I'm new/old to this thread (I had an old account and deleted it and now I'm back!) and I just wanted to bring up how much I absolutely hate Kayla's builds. How does she expect to keep uploading the literal same interiors over and over again and people not get bored of her mediocre content? I went to her comments and it's just people making jokes and being overall oblivious (or choosing to ignore the fact) that all of her interiors are identical. Use something other than base game and boring, ugly brown wood! Who's gonna tell hah?
She knows, she just doesn't care because she still gets views. If you watch her old fixer upper series she would legit make the same house every week for years and joked about it. If I have to see that green kids room one more time I am going to scream.

She even built a blue suburban on Batuu... I have no words.

mtnofthesun
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mtnofthesun »

Again, there goes Miss Kayla, making the exact same video she did three weeks ago about the build mod. It's honestly embarrassing how she recycles content like clockwork and expects to get rewarded for it. I used to like her content; it relaxed me. Now she's just a joke.

ImageImage

Beckettinga
Learner
Learner

Post by Beckettinga »

I am 110% here for Plumbella and RTgaming's relationship they are so fucking adorable

binch machine
Learner
Learner

Post by binch machine »

Beckettinga wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:40 am
I am 110% here for Plumbella and RTgaming's relationship they are so fucking adorable
wait are they dating?

Beckettinga
Learner
Learner

Post by Beckettinga »

binch machine wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:33 pm
Beckettinga wrote:
wait are they dating?

I hope so

Murtlf
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Murtlf »

Beckettinga wrote:
They are sooo cute i wish them the best

itsamekayland
Lurker
Lurker

Post by itsamekayland »

I'm so glad someone is finally talking about Kayla's shitty builds! When she got "famous" I couldn't watch her anymore. I forgot why I subscribed. But I'm glad I left. The only series I like is The Sims 3 Generations/ University. She genuinely seems to be having fun, she's funny without being a try hard and it feels like I'm watching the old Kayla. I especially miss when her thumbnails were good and not the same, 😱😨🤢😶

unicornsnponies
Lurker
Lurker

Post by unicornsnponies »

Since I see everyone harping on the more popular content creators in this thread, I just wanna come out and say that MsGryphi is one of the best, most creative builders out there at the moment imo. Her voice is super calming and her commentary isn't boring, overly dramatic or just plain hard to listen to. She's one of my favorite 'simmers' to watch and I feel like people are really sleeping on her because she isn't SUPER well-known (or super problematic).

soggybunnyw
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by soggybunnyw »

mtnofthesun wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:54 pm
Again, there goes Miss Kayla, making the exact same video she did three weeks ago about the build mod. It's honestly embarrassing how she recycles content like clockwork and expects to get rewarded for it. I used to like her content; it relaxed me. Now she's just a joke.

ImageImage
jeez, i'm not even surprised. she already makes the same house over and over, now it's videos. i miss the old simsie and sometimes rewatch her generations lets play. now she just makes repetitive build challenges and houses out of teeth and cats. i'm sad she chose quantity over quality

my_gripes
Talker
Talker

Post by my_gripes »

All the most popular YouTube simmers still build like its 2014.

unicornsnponies
Lurker
Lurker

I'm telling you guyssss, hit up MsGryphi

my_gripes
Talker
Talker

Post by my_gripes »

unicornsnponies wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:50 pm
Since I see everyone harping on the more popular content creators in this thread, I just wanna come out and say that MsGryphi is one of the best, most creative builders out there at the moment imo. Her voice is super calming and her commentary isn't boring, overly dramatic or just plain hard to listen to. She's one of my favorite 'simmers' to watch and I feel like people are really sleeping on her because she isn't SUPER well-known (or super problematic).
I'm subscribed to MsGryphi and she definitely has some unique builds. I also feel like the community sleeps on stop motion builders who don't have face cam or commentary, but can furnish by doing tons of cool tricks with no cc, and keep it functional! They're not youtube or internet personalities like the most popular simmers, they simply display all their wonderful talent and skill. They're incredibly innovative, some of the most innovative interior designs I've seen. It's obvious that popular simmers are now coasting on their personalities and mere uploading because the creativity certainly isn't there anymore.

unicornsnponies
Lurker
Lurker

my_gripes wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:24 pm
unicornsnponies wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:50 pm
I'm subscribed to MsGryphi and she definitely has some unique builds. I also feel like the community sleeps on stop motion builders who don't have face cam or commentary, but can furnish by doing tons of cool tricks with no cc, and keep it functional! They're not youtube or internet personalities like the most popular simmers, they simply display all their wonderful talent and skill. They're incredibly innovative, some of the most innovative interior designs I've seen. It's obvious that popular simmers are now coasting on their personalities and mere uploading because the creativity certainly isn't there anymore.
Yeah, honestly I'm so bored with most of the content creators are putting out there lately. I liked lilsimsie more when she did more builds. The 100 Baby challenge was a good series, too, but now I find I'm just not interested in a lot of what she posts. And if she does build, it's one of those build challenges that are bound to turn out ugly so she doesn't even try. Idk about anyone else, but I cannot watch people play The Sims badly LOL - even if it's on purpose. I don't want to watch someone make an ugly build, I want GOOD builds. I've never really been able to get into build videos without the commentary because I guess it's just not what I'm used to, but maybe I'll have to try again.

Weird Vagina
Sparkling Unicorn
Sparkling Unicorn

Post by Weird Vagina »

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”