Canuck72
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Michael Kay (Disney YouTuber) - Part 3

Post by Canuck72 »

Chococat76 wrote:
Canuck72 wrote: So Michael posted an emotional video on his Patreon where he says that he got some very bad news about his “full time job”. He said he will not go into details but will soon enough.
So I was thinking...what if he didn’t actually QUIT his job but has been on FMLA or medical leave for the past year. What if he took a 12 month medical leave and now that it is up they let him go since, well, it’s hard to be off for “emotional duress” or stress if you are vacationing everyday at Disney.
We all know that the whole family is a bunch of scammers. What if he was scamming the company on a medical leave? What if he got caught and dismissed?

That or the lie is getting too hard to hide and he just made a BS post covering his lie? That is even worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't remember - are you a patreon? Or how are you seeing these?

I almost want to sign up / join as a "dreamfinder" just to watch the video to gauge how truthful it looks. I am so tempted!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if he's lying about it all just to - like you said - cover the fact that he's done back-to-back staycations, etc.

In Florida, I believe you can only do FMLA for *up to* 12 weeks and it has to be for a good reason (i.e. serious health conditions, birth of a child, etc.) FMLA is unpaid but holds your job, but you can use accrued paid leave to get "paid" while you're out.

Since he's been in Florida longer than 12 weeks, I'd say he's simply lying again.

I should also add if he was technically on some other form of extended paid disability of some sort with a company, there are investigators who work with companies to make sure that the person saying they're on disability are not doing things which would obviously make them perfectly suitable for working (i.e. walking around a theme park in 100-degree weather and swimming in pools on an umpteenth staycation)

My brother worked for an investigative surveillance firm down here as a quality control editor and he would view undercover videos of investigators filming people who either would be claiming disability for $ or trying to sue people for insurance $ due to car accidents, etc.
$5 a month, bare minimum just to see the crazy

Canuck72
Informer
Informer

Post by Canuck72 »

Chococat76 wrote:I should also ask - was this video posted today? If so, why would the company that he worked for (for all intents and purposes, was a typical 9-5-ish type employer), inform him on a Saturday enough for him to be all emotional and make a video about it?

Michael's IG has him at Magic Kingdom today.

Or was this posted yesterday?

Dave was posting from the Poly on twitter and IG yesterday.

More details please!!! :D
It was Thursday I believe but might have been last night...not today

Mattskapunk
Learner
Learner

Post by Mattskapunk »

I wonder if wasn't on a paid leave, and more just like a 1 yr sabbatical. I know my company offers that where you can go and do whatever, and your job would supposedly still be there.

Post by Guest »

Mattskapunk might be on to something.

Let's suppose he actually *did* move here with the same job he had in Maryland (i.e. the whole "I drive to some undisclosed location "on the coast" every day"...blah blah blah bullshit)

Let's suppose he bought the house with that job (and maybe mom or dad's $$$ help w/ a down payment).
(Side note: the domestic violence thing was in Oct 2019. He bought the house in Nov 2019.)

It could be that -

a. he was, indeed, still working when he bought the house but then went on a paid leave / sabbatical to test the waters of being a vlogger and now they told him they don't need him anymore because of restructuring, etc.

b. he was, indeed, still working when he bought the house but then went on paid leave / sabbatical to test the waters of being a vlogger and now they told him he could *only* have his job back if he moved back to Maryland; they don't need him anymore in Florida.

c. he was, indeed, still working when he bought the house but then COVID came and he got furloughed and now they told him he is being let go

I guess it's still fuzzy about the domestic violence thing in Oct - and what that was all about - if the idea that we tossed around that Dad flipped out about him wanting to quit his job to be a Disney vlogger full-time is what set him over the edge. Because I'd suppose, now that I think about it, MIchael wouldn't have gotten approved for the mortgage with zero job save for low-level vlogging about Mickey Mouse on YouTube, right?

Missmothman
Talker
Talker

Post by Missmothman »

Chococat76 wrote: Mattskapunk might be on to something.

Let's suppose he actually *did* move here with the same job he had in Maryland (i.e. the whole "I drive to some undisclosed location "on the coast" every day"...blah blah blah bullshit)

Let's suppose he bought the house with that job (and maybe mom or dad's $$$ help w/ a down payment).
(Side note: the domestic violence thing was in Oct 2019. He bought the house in Nov 2019.)

It could be that -

a. he was, indeed, still working when he bought the house but then went on a paid leave / sabbatical to test the waters of being a vlogger and now they told him they don't need him anymore because of restructuring, etc.

b. he was, indeed, still working when he bought the house but then went on paid leave / sabbatical to test the waters of being a vlogger and now they told him he could *only* have his job back if he moved back to Maryland; they don't need him anymore in Florida.

c. he was, indeed, still working when he bought the house but then COVID came and he got furloughed and now they told him he is being let go

I guess it's still fuzzy about the domestic violence thing in Oct - and what that was all about - if the idea that we tossed around that Dad flipped out about him wanting to quit his job to be a Disney vlogger full-time is what set him over the edge. Because I'd suppose, now that I think about it, MIchael wouldn't have gotten approved for the mortgage with zero job save for low-level vlogging about Mickey Mouse on YouTube, right?
Wow you guys are right. I bet it was a sabbatical. Because the timing lines up perfectly - one year mark of being a "Florida resident"... sabbaticals are typically 12 months.

I love that if this is in fact the case - he takes a leave from his job, loves to FL, buys a 400k house, squeals on YouTube for a job and the mother fucking world shuts down with honestly no end in sight on when things will be resuming to normal. I hope everything continues to come crashing down for him.

Jotham
Talker
Talker

Post by Jotham »

Missmothman wrote:
Chococat76 wrote: Mattskapunk might be on to something.

It could be that -

Wow you guys are right. I bet it was a sabbatical. Because the timing lines up perfectly - one year mark of being a "Florida resident"... sabbaticals are typically 12 months.

I love that if this is in fact the case - he takes a leave from his job, loves to FL, buys a 400k house, squeals on YouTube for a job and the mother fucking world shuts down with honestly no end in sight on when things will be resuming to normal. I hope everything continues to come crashing down for him.
If this is true, then it's no wonder why he always gushes about how Disney helps him forget about real life. Instead of getting his life together, he constantly went to the parks and swindled his fans for gift cards and money. And now he is paying the price :tu:

TikiMeerkat
Informer
Informer

Post by TikiMeerkat »

I think the sabbatical theory is a good one, but I’m not sure it started immediately after the move. Remember those vlogs in the few months after the move — Michael was constantly talking about taking time off work, having to leave before the fireworks because he had to get up early for work, etc. etc. We all know his tendency to obsess and fixate and reassure himself, and I don’t think any of that was him acting. There were a few times when he seemed genuinely distressed that his job was interfering with his Disney experience — one that stands out was the Haunted Mansion 50th anniversary, when he took half the day off but still didn’t manage to get there early enough for an exclusive FunkoPop and seemed pretty distraught about it. Looking back, I think moments like that were the catalyst that made him give up or press pause on the full time gig.

I don’t think it’s likely that he’s been abusing medical leave, because although he can be pretty stupid, he’s not “lie to your job about a medical condition and then post your constant vacation all over the Internet every day” stupid.

The only other theories I have are:
1. He did quit his job like we all thought, and this is him finally admitting he doesn’t work full time but lying about the reason. He’s going to use COVID layoffs as the excuse when in reality he quit a long time ago.

2. I didn’t see the patreon video myself, so this is a wild guess, but maybe he’s being intentionally misleading. Maybe “emotional” isn’t a bad thing, but rather he’s emotional because he’s now a full time vlogger like he always wanted? A bait and switch where he says he has major news but it turns out to be a good thing. I don’t think this is likely though, from the way the video was described and also the fact that he’s not a good actor.

Canuck72
Informer
Informer

Post by Canuck72 »

TikiMeerkat wrote:I think the sabbatical theory is a good one, but I’m not sure it started immediately after the move. Remember those vlogs in the few months after the move — Michael was constantly talking about taking time off work, having to leave before the fireworks because he had to get up early for work, etc. etc. We all know his tendency to obsess and fixate and reassure himself, and I don’t think any of that was him acting. There were a few times when he seemed genuinely distressed that his job was interfering with his Disney experience — one that stands out was the Haunted Mansion 50th anniversary, when he took half the day off but still didn’t manage to get there early enough for an exclusive FunkoPop and seemed pretty distraught about it. Looking back, I think moments like that were the catalyst that made him give up or press pause on the full time gig.

I don’t think it’s likely that he’s been abusing medical leave, because although he can be pretty stupid, he’s not “lie to your job about a medical condition and then post your constant vacation all over the Internet every day” stupid.

The only other theories I have are:
1. He did quit his job like we all thought, and this is him finally admitting he doesn’t work full time but lying about the reason. He’s going to use COVID layoffs as the excuse when in reality he quit a long time ago.

2. I didn’t see the patreon video myself, so this is a wild guess, but maybe he’s being intentionally misleading. Maybe “emotional” isn’t a bad thing, but rather he’s emotional because he’s now a full time vlogger like he always wanted? A bait and switch where he says he has major news but it turns out to be a good thing. I don’t think this is likely though, from the way the video was described and also the fact that he’s not a good actor.
Nah, he was upset to the point of tears. He was driving while vlogging with the cam on the dash. I still think he took time off due to medical reasons, probably stress. Remember the skin rash right around the stuff with his dad? What company would grant a sabbatical to an employee right after paying for them to move down (I assume they paid the costs)?
Remember, Michael is not that smart...to the point I actually think he is kinda dumb. The constant spelling mistakes, the mispronunciations, the lack of common sense? Maybe he had his mom help him since she is a doctor? I don’t know...but Mike is pretty thick at times.

waitin2flyaway
Learner
Learner

Post by waitin2flyaway »

The pattern video was filmed Friday afternoon. I 100% think he has been unemployed at least 6-8 months and knows everyone has caught on and this is a fabrication to cover his ass in the transition. What is sickening to me are the patreon commenters saying they will send him MORE MONEY and he doesn’t even disclose that he lives in a nice 5 bedroom home and Dad is kicked to the curb. He is dispicable. He makes me want to vomit.

Claude4
Informer
Informer

Post by Claude4 »

Dave is easy to shit on

Susan Ross

1 day ago
Stop riding on your brothers coat tails.......you need to get a job so you can pay for things yourself.

Sean Hummel

1 day ago
Stop trying so hard and act natural dude

Jotham
Talker
Talker

Post by Jotham »

Ugh, I'm so tempted to see the Patreon video now but I don't want to give him money.

Mattskapunk
Learner
Learner

Post by Mattskapunk »

Yeah, maybe you're right with it not being a sabbatical then. I do remember him talking about whatever job when he first moved here. Maybe a disability leave, which can mean many things, emotional, etc. Not sure but something definitely is up. I doubt he's been WFH this whole time on COVID. Maybe there was a short term leave of absence when this all started with COVID and then said Yeah, we can't have you back. etc

DrSeeker
Learner
Learner

Post by DrSeeker »

Chococat76 wrote: Also - these "multiple talking Michaels" thing is getting a bit weird now.

I'll give him that the send-off with the 4 of them on the couch / bed was somewhat creative (and yet also creepy).

BUT this one today of him asking HIMSELF about tomorrow's vlog and then talking back and forth with HIMSELF was downright nutty.
His ego is literally multiplying.

Missmothman
Talker
Talker

Post by Missmothman »

Jotham wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:16 pm
Ugh, I'm so tempted to see the Patreon video now but I don't want to give him money.
Hahaha my husband just said tonight that he wants to join the lowest level just to see what his patreon is all about and I said no!!!!!!!!! I cannot support giving even $5 to this blob.

Post by Guest »

I know. I SO want to join just to see all of this nonsense that he's putting out...but y'all are right. I just cannot bring myself to give $5 (even for one month or whatever it is). LOL

TikiMeerkat
Informer
Informer

Post by TikiMeerkat »

Lol no way would I ever join the patreon but I admit I’m dying to know what happens. I wonder how much, if anything, he’ll share on his public pages. I don’t think he’d miss an opportunity to milk some sympathy dollars out of his larger viewership, but then again, he did keep the initial video private, and a downer of a “real life” video would stick out like a sore thumb against his all-magic-all-the-time brand. Lest we forget, the whole time the thing with his dad was going on, his videos were more maniacally chipper than ever. He’s very good at compartmentalizing.

Post by Guest »

For real? :?

The juicer
1 day ago
My DK merch arrived!!! I got the cruiser life t shirt and a Dave Kay flow hoodie. Stuff looks great, thanks Dave👍✌️

Dave Kay
1 day ago
Awesome! Thank you! So glad you like it :)

Post by Guest »

So...now he's at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village?

Gotta love those stans. I wonder if they'd be as generous if they knew he was living in a $400k house. :roll:

Also - Teresa aka Dave's ex-super stan appears to have jumped to full Michael.

I haven't seen her comment on Dave's vids for quite awhile, but she left this one under Michael's today -

Theresa
45 seconds ago
I wanted to thank you Michael for taking the time to meet our family yesterday in the Magic Kingdom! I also want everyone lucky enough to be part of this awesome community to know how incredibly kind and genuine Michael is! I often wondered what it would be like if we actually saw Michael in the parks.....trust me, it was “Magical”!! You truly have a heart of gold Michael! My 4 yr old is autistic and he flipped when he met Michael! I simply cannot express the kind person you are! He is also quite tall in person lol wow Michael, just thank you so so soooo much for being YOU! He also took several “socially distanced” photos with us!!! The thing that really touched me is how he took the time to speak to us. It really meant so much! Michael we are forever fans and thank you for all you do! Theresa NJ xoxo

Weird Vagina
Sparkling Unicorn
Sparkling Unicorn

Post by Weird Vagina »

Return to “Michael Kay”