Insomnia

oxprincessxo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Insomnia

Post by oxprincessxo »

I've always had a tough time sleeping, but in the past two or three months it's escalated badly. I've also been diagnosed with depression during this time, so it's pretty obvious to assume the two are linked. Do any of you guys have tips for sleeping better or just generally dealing with insomnia? I take melatonin, do nightly stretching, drink a mug of tea before bed (caffiene free, I don't consume any caffiene as is), tried soothing noises, sleep in a good temperature with no light... I don't know what else to do, I'm getting really worn down running on less than five hours of sleep each night.

MakeupGirly
Informer
Informer

Re: Insomnia

Post by MakeupGirly »

Uh that sucks, only other thing I can recommend is excercise. Even just going for an hours walk out in the fresh air a day might help some.

This isn't aimed at you because you sound like you genuinely do have insomnia, but I hate when people claim they have insomnia because they stay up all night but then they are able to sleep all day. When I see Facebook statuses from people like that about their supposed insomnia I just want to punch them :P

lalal0ve
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lalal0ve »

I have experienced insomnia a while back. It was not fun at all, I would do everything to put myself to sleep. It lasted for a few days straight, it was terrible. I soon later found out it was linked to my anxiety. I suggest maybe talking to a doctor, eating well & exercising.

pandaaa
Informer
Informer

Post by pandaaa »

I just tried my best to tire my body out by the end of the day so that i would just knock out when I climbed onto my bed. I dont know what your day is like so I dont know if this will work...

Return to “Sleep”