Do you look forward to hear Emily's Mom's beauty advice?

punchie
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Do you look forward to hear Emily's Mom's beauty advice?

Post by punchie »

Call me rude, but with all due respect to her, I do not want to see Emily's mom's advice on her beauty channel. I go to see Emily's. While it is a sweet gesture on her part, it irritates the hell out of me. I just hide the update from my YT timeline.

beautysuperwoman
Informer
Informer

Re: Do you look forward to hear Emily's Mom's beauty advice?

Post by beautysuperwoman »

punchie wrote:Call me rude, but with all due respect to her, I do not want to see Emily's mom's advice on her beauty channel. I go to see Emily's. While it is a sweet gesture on her part, it irritates the hell out of me. I just hide the update from my YT timeline.
really? I love her mom's input, though in general I enjoy talking to older women about cosmetic things. Plus I think her mom is so classy and just the right balance of low-high maintenance. Mama is my favorite thing about Emily's channel.
I just really love candles, and Nars Orgasm blush, and all things MAC, and Bath and Body Works Sales, and Michael Kors, and my boyfriendandmypuppy!!!!

really.

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

beautysuperwoman wrote:
punchie wrote:Call me rude, but with all due respect to her, I do not want to see Emily's mom's advice on her beauty channel. I go to see Emily's. While it is a sweet gesture on her part, it irritates the hell out of me. I just hide the update from my YT timeline.
really? I love her mom's input, though in general I enjoy talking to older women about cosmetic things. Plus I think her mom is so classy; and just the right balance of low-high maintenance. Mama is my favorite thing about Emily's channel.
^I feel the same! :)

punchie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by punchie »

really? oh wow. i guess, its just me then. i tried that video again and didnt like it again.. :|
Good for her other viewers then

beautysuperwoman
Informer
Informer

Post by beautysuperwoman »

punchie wrote:really? oh wow. i guess, its just me then. i tried that video again and didnt like it again.. :|
Good for her other viewers then
don't worry about it, not everyone can like everything. I hate OOTD's from everyone. Fashion and styling from proffesional sources is very interesting to me, but from these amateurs....nerp. Yet it's something lot's of others seem to like, so it's all good. They can post them if they want but I won't watch.
I just really love candles, and Nars Orgasm blush, and all things MAC, and Bath and Body Works Sales, and Michael Kors, and my boyfriendandmypuppy!!!!

really.

FoundationFreak
Lurker
Lurker

Post by FoundationFreak »

No no at all. I feel like when she has her mom on it is because she ran out of ideas.

WiseEye
Debater
Debater

Post by WiseEye »

Honestly there is something disturbing about Emily. I mean she is old enough to be someone's mother and she is kind of seems to be/sound too old for YT. Don't get me wrong, I do have nothing against her age. Just the fact that all her techniques and advices are outdated. I also hate half of the stuff she is raving about, not forgetting those terrible fake eyelashes she loves to apply all the time. And what disturbs me too is her music in the videos, especially of those where she is talking about dupes to products - sounds like something bad is about to happen.
Don't know, she is too dull and all the same to me.

punchie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by punchie »

I actually like her better than a lot other youtubers/self-proclaimed makeup gurus. She is not pretentious first of all, and her product reviews are better than the looks that she creates - that's her strength I guess. She need to stick to reviewing as well helping people find the best out of drugstore makeup and that will sail her through

azymyza
Lurker
Lurker

Post by azymyza »

Emily is one of the gurus I feel like I would love to talk to. She's just so chrismatic, and i admit that she conducts the lil videos with her mom a little too formally (like an interview). But I do like the idea, because girls just like talking about makeup. I agree that OOTD videos are trite and unappealing compared to watching profs.

Granted, the vids with her mom aren't the most exciting or informative, but neither are most of the things other "gurus" put up on YouTube. I just like knowing that Emily isn't doing it just for views and fame, and (maybe with some new music) I could watch her videos safely knowing that she just loves doing it.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

Emily is really not THAT old. She is only 29. I think TiffanyD acts and definitely looks older. I love Emily because she is actually mature. I don't want to watch giddy teenage girls review makeup or do tutorials. Emily is a bit obsessed with false lashes and I think it's because she has gotten so used to wearing them for the news. I think they are way over the top for everyday. I only think about wearing them when I'm going out to a club at night.
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

molly48
Learner
Learner

Post by molly48 »

Yes!!! I love to watch Emily's mom talk about her favorite beauty items. Her kitty is sweet too! Her mother has class and looks great for 66!! What grates my nerves is Emily's hubby and his cheesy antics. Comic relief?? Emily is hard to watch at times talking through her clenched teeth. Also her videos seem to drag on and on and lose my interest. Until lanaindiana decides to come back, I'll watch Emily's YT videos for now.

oh,please
Talker
Talker

Post by oh,please »

Her mother looks about 20 years older than she really is; she's too old to be buying cheap crap, but she does anyway; she's far too suburban-ordinaire. So no.

oh,please
Talker
Talker

Post by oh,please »

>>Emily is really not THAT old. She is only 29<<

"not 'THAT' old"? How old are you, 11?

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

oh,please wrote:Her mother looks about 20 years older than she really is; she's too old to be buying cheap crap, but she does anyway; she's far too suburban-ordinaire. So no.
Emily's mother looks good, but she looks 80, not 66.

Return to “Emilynoel83”