Fitness Tips

bill147
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fitness Tips

Post by bill147 »

Does any one recommends me some good and effectives tips/exercises to make my upper body fit and tone?

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Re: Fitness Tips

Post by YouslessTube »

bill147 wrote:Does any one recommends me some good and effectives tips/exercises to make my upper body fit and tone?
Google is your best friend in these matters! You can find videos on youtube too. I did the same.

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

Youtube and body building websites for ideas to make an arm/back/chest routine.

But if you are trying to lose fat you can't spot reduce the fat.
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

Eleabear57
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Eleabear57 »

bill147 wrote:Does any one recommends me some good and effectives tips/exercises to make my upper body fit and tone?

I seriously recommend checking out fitnessblender's upper body workouts. They're free and really really effective.

chocolate_eclair
Talker
Talker

Post by chocolate_eclair »

If you wanna lose weight you should try some high intensity cardio, easiest workout for this is run 100 meters at 80%-90% effort (like a sprint), then walk 100 meters (or walk until you catch your breath again), then repeat the sprints, do 15 sprints and do this about 3-4 times a week it will help you lose fat. I like this one cus you don't need a gym and you can do it anywhere. If you're at a gym you can do this on the treadmill/bike machine.

If all you want to do is tone then bodyweight exercises and exercises with light weights are good. You can't go wrong with the basics like push ups (do push up variations, for example traditional push ups work your biceps mostly, whereas diamond pushups will get your triceps and chest, etc), planks (planks on your hands instead of on your elbows will target back muscles and arm muscles too), tricep dips (you can do this on a park bench). With some light dumbbells you could do bicep curls, dumbbell flys, etc. If you have enough strength you could try pulls ups on a pull up bar which will target just about every muscle in your upper body. Also if you don't have access to a gym or dumbbells at home you can try heavy water bottles.

I'm not sure what your goals are but bodyweight exercises and light weights won't make your muscles massive, but they will tone you up for sure. If you want to bulk up you'll have to first get really good at bodyweight moves then you can move on to heavier weights at a gym. Also the slower you do the exercises the "bigger" your muscles will get, but if you're only only doing body weight then don't pay attention to this. For these kinds of toning/weight exercises do them as much as you like but give yourself full days to rest as well.

Important things to remember if you're working with weights always keep good form otherwise you can injure yourself (happened to me now i have permanent nerve pain on one side of my neck lol). Work your way into these exercises slowly, and listen to your body. Also stretch after your exercises, even if you're not using weights! Stretching is always a good idea but especially if you want to stay lean then stretch in between each exercise and do deep stretches after your workout is complete. Best people on youtube for beginner fitness that I like are Ballet Beautiful, Vicky Justiz and AthleanX. Good luck!

chocolate_eclair
Talker
Talker

Post by chocolate_eclair »

Oh forgot to mention, if you're a female and do decide to do heavy weights go easy on your chest otherwise your boobs may turn into pecs! Happened to a girl on my team who does body building on the side, she did not intend for that to happen lol. But yeah if you're still interested in fitness you can PM me i'm a varsity athlete at my uni so fitness is a priority for me.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I definitely second FitnessBlender they kick started my fitness journey.
I'd highly encourage on your lazy days to get into a routine of doing body weight things. Triangle push ups are great to isolate your triceps which are a larger part of your arm than your biceps which people focus on more.

Return to “Fitness”