Where are the British crew going wrong?????

Monster_Guru33
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Where are the British crew going wrong?????

Post by Monster_Guru33 »

I hear #1 everywhere. That's the all that annoys the hell out of me.

The rest I barely hear.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by horatio »

Yeah 1 is annoying....but 6 is the worst. That damn whistling.

Theenamesjenna
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Theenamesjenna »

I think a lot might have to do with the massive popularity that they have gained which has caused some to lose the relatability that made fans like them in the first place.

halkatlaa
Debater
Debater

Post by halkatlaa »

I think the gleamers are going wrong because they are just so dull and boring nowadays!! speaking as a 19 year old girl I just can't stand any of them except Joe Sugg and Jack Maynard.. and that's mainly because I think they are both very hot!

I'm much more into the gamers like the Wroetoshaw, Miniminter and ChrisMD10.. who are my favs.. and I think the younger generation agrees with me, they don't have books and always promoting there stuff, yes Harry and Simon have there Sidemen shirts and stuff but they are not ALWAYS talking about it like the gleamers do when they get new shit out... like how many video's did Joe make when promoting Username Evie? and how many tweets reminding people about it.. Oli is the same now with Generation next and Caspar with his book... It's annoying as fuck.

Also to prove my point I compared Harry and Joe is views as they have almost the same amount off subs.

Harry - 6.1m... has uploaded 17 video's and people think he is a lazy youtuber... his average is about 3.2m
He has 9 video's over 10m.. his highest at 25m

Joe - 6.3m ...he has uploaded 7 video's this last month as most off them are getting around 2.5m views
He has 3 video's over 10m.. his highest at 14m
Icelandic so sorry for spelling mistakes :D

ClipClap
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ClipClap »

Fyi, the Maynards aren't with Gleam. Neither is Oli. Though their content is similar to Gleam so I'll give you that. :)

The views are interesting. I don't think anything can necessarily be gained from viewed over 10m as in my opinion those are a hit and miss viral hit, but the rest is interesting. They do have a different fanbase I suppose?
I usually use my phone - autocorrect (Swype) mistakes are unintentional.

halkatlaa
Debater
Debater

Post by halkatlaa »

ClipClap wrote:Fyi, the Maynards aren't with Gleam. Neither is Oli. Though their content is similar to Gleam so I'll give you that. :)
I know.. But I just follow Oli on twitter and he is driving me nuts with his book stuff! (I'm like 5 minutes away from unsubbing him and unfollowing him)

ClipClap
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ClipClap »

halkatlaa wrote:
ClipClap wrote:Fyi, the Maynards aren't with Gleam. Neither is Oli. Though their content is similar to Gleam so I'll give you that. :)
I know.. But I just follow Oli on twitter and he is driving me nuts with his book stuff! (I'm like 5 minutes away from unsubbing him and unfollowing him)
To be fair, I get the excitement of a release of a book you've written. If I did then it'd be on Twitter, FB, my forum signature (probably) etc, but, and this is the main problem, how much has he actually written of it!
I usually use my phone - autocorrect (Swype) mistakes are unintentional.

halkatlaa
Debater
Debater

Post by halkatlaa »

ClipClap wrote:
halkatlaa wrote:
To be fair, I get the excitement of a release of a book you've written. If I did then it'd be on Twitter, FB, my forum signature (probably) etc, but, and this is the main problem, how much has he actually written of it!
Yeah IF YOU write the book YOURSELF then you can brag about it everywhere.. This topic is very close to heart to me as my twin sister is trying to be a writer, she is waiting to hear back from some people regarding that and it has been this way for like 2 years and they just get book deals out off the blue!

I know why they get book deals, they are popular and will sell.. but I just think it's very annoying and damaging the chances off other upcoming writers who have acually done all the work themselves!
:(

Abob
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Abob »

jadkhistoryday wrote:I can't believe some of them actually have the nerve to complain about how "difficult" youtube is. Like, no, its your Job, you're making money off it and it is your committment- you can't just cancel things when you don't feel like doing them- just like someone can't cancel meetings or appointments in a 9-5 job just because they're feeling 'poorly'. It's not that hard to just do your job. Joe's been on tour for like the past 2 weeks all across the world- still managed to put up his videos/vlogs & not flake out on any of his meet and greets- and not a hint of complaint from him. Zoe can't even be bothered to complete her (one week long) book tour. I mean, fans paid money to book hotels, rides, even flights- not to mention time- to see you! That's the thing that really bothers me.. Is how they (With the exception of Joe & Caspar cause they're the only ones who are genuine and have real work ethic) think the world is at their beck and call and they don't have to follow through with their committments.

Zoe has Social Anxiety and these things can be extremely both physically and mentally exhausting. I'm sure she would have been very disappointed.

LIFEandSOUL
Learner
Learner

Post by LIFEandSOUL »

Does this annoy anyone else about the British Crew or is it just me?

They will post of Twitter and/or facebook etc. saying Sorry guys no video today due to..... Mostly the excuse is it's been a lovely day, I was to busy, I wanted to spend time with family etc. Surly if these youtuber's were working in an office/factory etc. and they said to there boss sorry I couldn't complete my task for today because It was a lovely day or I wanted to spend time with my family or I was to busy/Tired etc. then they would get fired? This really annoys the hell out of me, When they do post this sort of thing on facebook you have all the tweens saying Don't be Silly it's okay, your family, Time for your self comes first etc. Like NO! If they were in a factory/Office Job Etc and they did this, they would be fired.

ughmygosh
Informer
Informer

Post by ughmygosh »

LIFEandSOUL wrote:Does this annoy anyone else about the British Crew or is it just me?

They will post of Twitter and/or facebook etc. saying Sorry guys no video today due to..... Mostly the excuse is it's been a lovely day, I was to busy, I wanted to spend time with family etc. Surly if these youtuber's were working in an office/factory etc. and they said to there boss sorry I couldn't complete my task for today because It was a lovely day or I wanted to spend time with my family or I was to busy/Tired etc. then they would get fired? This really annoys the hell out of me, When they do post this sort of thing on facebook you have all the tweens saying Don't be Silly it's okay, your family, Time for your self comes first etc. Like NO! If they were in a factory/Office Job Etc and they did this, they would be fired.
I get your point 100%, and hate the majority of the British YTers, however, they are not under contract. That is a huge difference between being a YTer and having a 'regular' job. If they don't upload, then they don't get paid. Don't get me wrong, it absolutely pisses me off that they use those lame ass excuses to not post, but, at the end of the day, they don't work in stores or factories, they don't have any rules to abide by (unless they're under management and have a certain rules and requirements.) So if they can't be bothered to film or upload "because it was (insert family member name here) birthday.", then they're only harming themselves because it's not going to provide them with a large income for that day. Like I said, it's annoying, but, the jobs are different. They haven't signed a contract stating that they'll update on X days.

Return to “The British Crew”