Cannabis Legalisation

BorntoDie
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Cannabis Legalisation

Post by BorntoDie »

I'm really interested in the War on Drugs and so on, therefore I would love to hear your thoughts: should cannabis be legalised? Or is it already legal where you live?

Eleabear57
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cannabis Legalisation

Post by Eleabear57 »

Where I live there is a fine for having small amounts and you only get arrested for large amounts. The reason for this is the county gets money when they catch people with cannabis instead of losing money by putting people in jail. Personally, I don't care if it's legal or not. People are going to do it either way. One pro about it being legal is that it would have to be regulated like other drugs such as alcohol or prescription medications. A con is losing the money we get from fining people who are caught with it (which is a con for the county but a pro for the person with it) . Another pro for the county but not for the consumer would be taxes added to legal cannabis sale. Another pro for the consumer could be a lower price because the dealers wouldn't be raising the price because the illegal trade is so lucrative. I think it's a complicated topic. Everyone has their own opinion. Since I don't do it, I try not to take a stance on it. One thing I do feel strongly about is that if it is legalized, research needs to be done to establish a legal limit for driving and such. Since it is technically a hallucinogen, this does need to be considered. Oh, I also heard some of my friends in legal states say that it's less fun when it's legal lol

KimiSoYeah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cannabis Legalisation

Post by KimiSoYeah »

No, it shouldn't be legal.
ImageImageImage

Return to “News and Current Events”