TheNotSoOrdinaryWife Part 4

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheNotSoOrdinaryWife Part 4

Post by DipDipDipMyBlueShip »

loopyloo wrote:YTers do give us non-Americans an odd view of America. I have seen so many videos of Target/Wallmart/Hobby Lobby car parks that that is now my vision of America! It's kind of a shock when someone does a video showing art galleries or lovely cafes or beautiful architecture!
This is so true, if you only look at what American's do on Youtube, you'd have a pretty generic view of the country. Like if you only watched Jen (MHWL), you'd think that people always buy random food from Whole Foods because she never really showed a regular grocery haul with just normal stuff (what is normal? it's very subjective lol). One thing that I do think, not even sure if it's true, everything is packaged. Fresh fruit, meat, grains, literally everything is in packaging, like no one buys loose produce?? Idk if that's even true, but every time Jen (HJDI) shows her Trader Joe's haul, it amazes me that everything is in packaging :o
Spankme wrote:Oh honey, you have to look up Charlottesville VA! It's beautiful. There's much more to America than that shit they show. I promise = )
To be honest, IMO West Virginia is one of the shittiest states. Don't me to offend anyone, but I don't care for it.
Up north is beautiful. The architecture of homes and businesses are beautiful. Plenty of places with coffee shops and galleries, museums, etc.
This is true, I looked into UVa for study abroad and fell in love with the area (the price, not so much). It's soo beautiful from the pictures, I can only imagine how it must look in person.
RETIRED MODERATOR

Bluel
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Bluel »

^^You can buy stuff like produce and things like nuts and flours not packaged. You would still have to place them in bags obviously but there are things like farmers markets as well as just regular grocery stores where you can do so. People buy them packaged out of convenience or to avoid the pesticides that are on certain fruits and vegetables.

The one thing I always gave Jamie credit for, even if their diet sucks, is the fact that she showed more common (I guess is the word I'm looking for lol) grocery hauls. Not everyone purely shops organic or has hundreds to spend at Whole Foods and Trader Joes. Or eats super healthy. A lot of YouTube's like to show themselves in a certain light in that sense and that's why I first originally started watching Jamie because she was different. Unfortunately that appeal wore off fast after seeing how truly bad their diet was as well.

forever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by forever »

DipDipDipMyBlueShip wrote:
loopyloo wrote:YTers do give us non-Americans an odd view of America. I have seen so many videos of Target/Wallmart/Hobby Lobby car parks that that is now my vision of America! It's kind of a shock when someone does a video showing art galleries or lovely cafes or beautiful architecture!
This is so true, if you only look at what American's do on Youtube, you'd have a pretty generic view of the country. Like if you only watched Jen (MHWL), you'd think that people always buy random food from Whole Foods because she never really showed a regular grocery haul with just normal stuff (what is normal? it's very subjective lol). One thing that I do think, not even sure if it's true, everything is packaged. Fresh fruit, meat, grains, literally everything is in packaging, like no one buys loose produce?? Idk if that's even true, but every time Jen (HJDI) shows her Trader Joe's haul, it amazes me that everything is in packaging :o
oh no!! America is so much more than these YT videos. :D
The regular grocery stores have fruits and veggies on big bins and you pick them. The cashiers weigh them and charge the items by weight.
TJs use packages because the cashier stations don't have scales. so, 1 package of tomatoes is $2 vs. 1 pound of tomatoes is $1 at the regular grocery stores. I think TJ does this to save time and money. TJ is not a regular huge grocery store chain. I believe it's still a family owned business. Their stores are generally smaller. They don't carry national brand products (Kellogs, J&J, etc.). That's what I like about TJs.
I don't shop at WF because the closest one from me is a little too far.

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Bluel wrote:^^You can buy stuff like produce and things like nuts and flours not packaged. You would still have to place them in bags obviously but there are things like farmers markets as well as just regular grocery stores where you can do so. People buy them packaged out of convenience or to avoid the pesticides that are on certain fruits and vegetables.

The one thing I always gave Jamie credit for, even if their diet sucks, is the fact that she showed more common (I guess is the word I'm looking for lol) grocery hauls. Not everyone purely shops organic or has hundreds to spend at Whole Foods and Trader Joes. Or eats super healthy. A lot of YouTube's like to show themselves in a certain light in that sense and that's why I first originally started watching Jamie because she was different. Unfortunately that appeal wore off fast after seeing how truly bad their diet was as well.
Good to know that there are "normal" stores in America. I knew there were, but that's really not the impression that I get from watching Youtube.
Forever, the weight vs packaging thing makes sense, it is easier to just scan and go :)

The Youtuber eating habits thing reminded me of this video from that HappilyAHousewife lady, she basically said that organic is expensive in her area and she'd rather be able to buy more produce for her family at a non-organic price than have to tightly budget for less organic items. I actually agree with her on this point, if it's super expensive to buy organic, buying regularly grown food is a better option than going for processed junk. Organic doesn't mean no chemicals, it just means more natural chemicals are used in the farming, a lot of people seem to forget this. Any vegetables are better than no vegetables.

[youtube][/youtube]
RETIRED MODERATOR

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz »

yes america actually has a TON of things that YTrs and your average americans take for granted and wouldn't even know exist if you were to go by any of them....like someone else mentioned there are local farmers markets where you can buy locally raised produce and meats...local butchers will usually sell fresh cut meats to the public, there are spice shops where you can buy spices and herbs picked practically fresh, a lot of places (with a license) you can fish and take home your own dinner..

and dont even get me started on their view of the country around them...if you watch their vlogs you would be inclined to believe that america
has NOTHING in terms of aesthetics and entertainment...except there are so many things to do and see in almost all parts of the U.S....i think some of these YTRs could really make a killing if they ever got out of their little bubbles

however americans are all about convenience anything that makes everything easier they want..

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

^Yea, and youtube seems to draw people who are more homebodies and who don't really get out much, to put it nicely lol. Boring people who do mundane shit day after day. There are some interesting vloggers but the average one seems not to have much of a life tbh, IDK why stay at home wives who don't do much think people want to see how they make shit up to busy themselves and fill their time tbh.

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

It appears that we've gone through 41 pages again, so new thread :)

http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?s ... 10&t=17777
RETIRED MODERATOR

truthisfreedom
Learner
Learner

Post by truthisfreedom »

DipDipDipMyBlueShip wrote:
Bluel wrote:^^You can buy stuff like produce and things like nuts and flours not packaged. You would still have to place them in bags obviously but there are things like farmers markets as well as just regular grocery stores where you can do so. People buy them packaged out of convenience or to avoid the pesticides that are on certain fruits and vegetables.

Good to know that there are "normal" stores in America. I knew there were, but that's really not the impression that I get from watching Youtube.
Forever, the weight vs packaging thing makes sense, it is easier to just scan and go :)

The Youtuber eating habits thing reminded me of this video from that HappilyAHousewife lady, she basically said that organic is expensive in her area and she'd rather be able to buy more produce for her family at a non-organic price than have to tightly budget for less organic items. I actually agree with her on this point, if it's super expensive to buy organic, buying regularly grown food is a better option than going for processed junk. Organic doesn't mean no chemicals, it just means more natural chemicals are used in the farming, a lot of people seem to forget this. Any vegetables are better than no vegetables.

[youtube][/youtube]
Happilyahousewive is an idiot. What she feeds her family is processed food full of chemicals. In no time her kids will be over weight just like herself. She needs to educate her self. Eating organic isnt always more expensive.

Return to “Jamie's Simple Life”