Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

jswithlove
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

Post by jswithlove »

Is anyone else excited for it to come out?

I never read the books (no spoilers please), so I've been following the story as the movies come out. I already got tickets for a midnight showing (just because midnight showings are fun, regardless of the movie).

Gaga
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

Post by Gaga »

I'm super excited! All the midnight showings in my city are sold out, so I'll probably catch the $5 special early the next morning.

I would definitely read the books to get a comparison/more back story and insight. The last book was basically written like a screenplay and I'll be happy to see how they expand on the emotional scenes and action.

SoccerKat
Debater
Debater

Post by SoccerKat »

I'm so excited!! It's gonna be so good I can already tell!

BoomShaka
Informer
Informer

Post by BoomShaka »

Watching it this Saturday with my friends!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

friedpotato
Learner
Learner

Post by friedpotato »

Planning to see the movie this weekend! Can't wait!

Haruna
Learner
Learner

Post by Haruna »

I've seen the film and it followed the book well. I have to admit that I didn't quite like how Katniss was portrayed in the film as she wasn't like that in the book, but Peeta was all levels of awesome! :tu:

whereicomefrom
Informer
Informer

Post by whereicomefrom »

Saw it last night and enjoyed it tremendously even though I quite hated the book. The movie left me on the edge of the seat even though, seeing as I have read the books, I knew exactly what was coming.
I had pretty high expectations following Franic Lawrence's take on Catching Fire, and they were really satisfied. I loved how they added all sorts of things that weren't in the book (my biggest issue with this series has always been that because it's written in Katniss' POV, you're always as much in the dark about things as she is. And all movies have adapted around that really well, IMO). I especially loved the SPOILERS AHEAD; actions of the different districts in the rebellion.

All in all, :tu: . BUT WHY NOVEMBER 2015 WHYYYY.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

I think the movies have finally come into their own and adopted that futuristic feel. I'm happy that they shot parts 1 and 2 together because it'll make for good continuity. Peeta remains useless and annoying, closely followed by Prim - Jennifer as usual was outstanding, I teared up so many times when she delivered her lines.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

Saw it on Friday. I would have rather sat through four hours than have it split off like that tbh, it felt like half a movie.

friedpotato
Learner
Learner

Post by friedpotato »

I was entirely satisfied with Part 1 that I watched it again with my niece (first was with my friends). I didn't put really high expectations for the movie but I'm glad it turned really well.

My opinions (don't read, contain some spoilers)
When Plutarch came to Effie's room/quarters/whatever, I was surprised to see her. I didn't really remember the full details of the book because I only read it once but I know Effie was only mentioned briefly in the book. Would have love to see Fulvia instead but having Effie there is alright by me.

I love "The Hanging Tree". Kept singing it tonnes of times.

After watching the second time, I was able to see some small details, like how Gale is "Corp. Hawthorne" when he volunteered to save Peeta and the other Victors.

BoomShaka
Informer
Informer

Post by BoomShaka »

^ In the book, I think Effie comes in when Katniss is going on the Capitol mission. I think Haymitch says she was tortured by the Capitol as well, so in the movie they changed that and made her look healthy.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

Saw it last night and thank fucking jesus christ almighty lord and savior the movie wasn't as boring as the book was. It actually kept my attention whereas with the book I was just trying to finish it to get it done with. The beginning seemed somewhat rushed but oh well, and I thought they left it off at a good part for the next one.

I AM GOING TO BE FOREVER UNREASONABLY PISSED THAT THEY MADE IT INTO TWO MOVIES THOUGH. Like really, the book was less than 400 pages or something...and yeah the movie would have been longer but ugh I hate when it's split into two movies (other than Deathly Hallows bc that's really the only book that needed it imo). ANYWAY I don't want to get on a rambling spree here, enjoyed the movie :tu:

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 0222 »

I was super bored the whole time. I think i only like the previous because of all the killing.

Return to “Movies”