College

ScarlettOlivia
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: College

Post by ScarlettOlivia »

I'm working on my BSN to become an RN, and then eventually become a Nurse Anesthetist.

ZombieInWonderland
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ZombieInWonderland »

I believe that I FINALLY found what I want to do...now just to figure out which route to go about it...anyone here done Physical Therapy? Would love to ask for your opinion/advice on something :)
Image Image
Side by side in big boy beds, they're best friends it's Hall and Ebs!

Ankylosaurus
Learner
Learner

Post by Ankylosaurus »

Working on an associate's in television (hoping to go into executive production for sitcoms). Don't know what'll come after that. Of course, I'd love to go someplace like Calarts or USC and do a bachelors' if I could afford it, but I don't exactly think that'll be the case. :( I've been developing an animated web series... hoping something good will come of that? If nothing else, it'd be something to put in my portfolio or a demo reel.

As far as my experience in school right now? Eh. Nothing to write home about, really; to be honest, I didn't expect a lot to begin with... it's community college... even though everyone was telling me, "Oh, no, you'll love it! It's such a good program!" and I kind of was hoping I'd be pleasantly surprised. Two months in, and they haven't even let us touch the cameras yet... :? Although I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since most of my classmates don't even know how to work iMovie yet, as I learned last week. Awkward.

I think the icing on the cake is that we're still required to take two credits of phys. ed. My instructor is a total perv. The first day of class, he's rambling about 'kids these days' and then he goes, "women who dress like you-know-whats get treated like you-know-whats". I think you can probably fill in the blanks. Ew.
Image :love2: Image

ZombieInWonderland
Gossiper
Gossiper

Yeah my college was like that too-had to take Phys Ed...why, I don't know. Learning how to do a proper sit up isn't going to help me with accounting :roll: I blame Michelle Obama for that one though. Granted, I was in college in the states and now Canada, so I don't know what to expect really.
Image Image

Ankylosaurus
Learner
Learner

Post by Ankylosaurus »

ibeadork wrote:Yeah my college was like that too-had to take Phys Ed...why, I don't know. Learning how to do a proper sit up isn't going to help me with accounting :roll: I blame Michelle Obama for that one though. Granted, I was in college in the states and now Canada, so I don't know what to expect really.
Canada? That's so cool! I was actually hoping to go to school there myself (around Toronto). How is college there compared to college in the States? Do you find there's much of a difference?
Image :love2: Image

ZombieInWonderland
Gossiper
Gossiper

Ankylosaurus wrote:
ibeadork wrote:Yeah my college was like that too-had to take Phys Ed...why, I don't know. Learning how to do a proper sit up isn't going to help me with accounting :roll: I blame Michelle Obama for that one though. Granted, I was in college in the states and now Canada, so I don't know what to expect really.
Canada? That's so cool! I was actually hoping to go to school there myself (around Toronto). How is college there compared to college in the States? Do you find there's much of a difference?
I haven't started yet, don't know when. But from what I've heard it's a lot better up here than back in the States, like the material you learn is better..but I don't know. I'm going to end up going to some type of college/schooling in Edmonton. I have to do upgrading since all I know is American math and no conversions or anything
Image Image

Return to “Education”