Paleo diet

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Paleo diet

Post by ggeyeliner »

I am trying to take my healthy lifestyle to next level and I discovered Paleo. Have anyone heard of it? Is itsomeones lifestyle? Do you have some tips for beginner?
ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE. Sorry for misunderstandings!

People should read everything, not the first 5 words and judge!

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Paleo diet

Post by Chlorophyll »

I have a few friends who eat a paleo diet, and they fight amongst themselves concerning what a paleo diet really is. :lol: Every "version" focuses on eliminating grains and most other seeds, especially wheat. It gets it's name from the era when humans were eating nothing but meat, fruits, and anything else they could easily grab & munch as they migrated.

I can't do paleo on a regular basis because I HAVE to eat rice and chia seeds now. But I stuck to it religiously for 6 days last year and it made my skin look great. I don't know if I had any more energy than usual or whatever.
I am most likely not going to be returning to the forum in the future! But I would like to thank all of you for the advise, humor, and support I have received during my years of participation here. This place doesn't deserve the hate it gets! :tu:

Majawithaj75
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Majawithaj75 »

I know quite a few people who have had great success with the Paleo diet. Personally, I'm not a big meateater and while you can be a vegetarian/ vegan and Paleo, it kind of limits your options.
If you are curious about it, go and search for a few recipes and try it for a few days, see how you feel! As with any kind of special diet, there is no such thing as "one size fits all" - you have to try and see what makes you feel your best! :) Good luck!

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

I did Paleo for about two months last year. It was great. I had so much energy. I wasn't hungry all the time. I lost a lot of weight and toned up. But then I went off of it because I was stressed out. So I started emotionally eating and incorporated grains and refined carbs again. I haven't been back on Paleo every since.

I think Paleo gets a bad rep because it goes against what all the businesses want. Yes, people on paleo eat a lot of meat but paleo advocates eating local meat, preferably from grass fed/pastured animals. So it's not nearly as bad as those large farms. And grains are a no go because of the phytic acid in them that prevents your body from absorbing vital nutrients.

As a beginner, you should definitely read up on what exactly is Paleo and not what the media portrays Paleo to be. You don't need to go full Paleo if you still want to eat grains. If you still want to eat grains, you have to soak them and sprout them to get rid of the phytic acid before consumption. But then, you wouldn't considered on the Paleo diet, it's more of the primal diet. Depending on how you are eating now, cut out the processed foods first. Then the grains and the added sugar. During this process, read up on easy paleo recipes with real food. It's definitely not a one fits all lifestyle. It is a lifestyle because it goes against the normal eating culture in Western countries. It won't be easy.

Return to “Diet”