I don't know how to tell my ex he gave me something.

ohnok
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I don't know how to tell my ex he gave me something.

Post by ohnok »

I had my annual pap and they test me for STDs automatically. I got a call the next day from my doctor and found out I had contacted something curable. I know exactly who I got it from, as I have only been with one person since my last check up which was clear.

I don't know how to tell him. I won't do it over text or messaging at all. I want to be personable about it. He's very hard to get ahold of and very anti social. I know he's given it to his new girlfriend, and probably people before me. It kills me knowing that.

I hate that people think condoms are only to protect against pregnancy, and I hate that I trusted him.

I didn't know where else to ask, and GG isn't really linked to anything so I feel comfortable asking. I just need advice on how to tell him without coming across like a crazy ex girlfriend.

whatsername_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: I don't know how to tell my ex he gave me something.

Post by whatsername_ »

I would most likely just call him a nd let him know he needs to get tested.
He will probably say that you gave it to him.

That sucks, and I'm sorry you have to deal with it. I'm glad it was something curable and not anything more serious - as annoying, and horrible as it is.

ohnok
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohnok »

Yeah, I told him we need to talk. Unfortunately he wouldn't answer the phone. Hopefully I can get ahold of him tomorrow. If anything I could probably have my doctors office send him a notice if he refuses to talk to me. She mentioned the health department might contact me? So there's that...

Thank you. I agree. It could always be worse, which scares me... It could ALWAYS be worse.

misarylane
Learner
Learner

Post by misarylane »

Just tell him and leave it be. He's gross. He doesn't deserve your kindness about it.

misarylane
Learner
Learner

Post by misarylane »

I meant to say to just leave a message. Cause he might be avoiding you.

Idontknow123
Learner
Learner

Post by Idontknow123 »

If he ignores your phone calls, just text him a picture of the results/leave a voicemail. If you have any tests from before him, show him so he knows that he's the one who gave it to you, not the other way around. You should also suggest that he contact anyone he's been with before and let them know.

ohnok
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohnok »

Yeah, i was going to word it in a way where I wasn't blaming either of us. Though I know it was him. If he gets defensive, then I can get records from my doctor. Hopefully that's not the case. The prescription wasn't expensive, and I think all he would have to do is call his doctor and say he was in contact with someone who has it. I could be wrong.

We are around each other a decent amount, we just don't communicate at all anymore. I'd just like to tell him soon so he can tell her and this all goes away. Thank you for your suggestions. If I don't hear from him by Monday, I'll definitely get a copy of the test results from my doctor.

If I do hear from him, I'll update incase anyone else is having the same problem or anyone is curious.

effervescence
Informer
Informer

Post by effervescence »

Yep definitely curious. Let us know babe. x

ohnok
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohnok »

Still can't get a hold of him. Spoke with him via text, but he's impossible.

ohnok
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohnok »

Went and talked with him tonight. He knew he had it in May. We broke things off around then. He didn't let me know about it. He thought I gave it to him. Part of the reason he stopped speaking to me, I guess. We had a long talk, and we're civil again. Just told him I was upset that he didn't let me know since it could mess me up. We split some beers and everything is okay. I'm glad everything is off my chest, and it went a lot better than I thought it would.

If any of you have to go through the same thing, I'm sorry. It should always be addressed with any of your past partners no matter how embarrassed or hurt you feel. Unfortunately only one side of my situation felt the same.

Get checked after every partner, girl (and guy!) Friends. <333

/a little drunk.

effervescence
Informer
Informer

Post by effervescence »

I'm glad it went better than you imagined. Chinup girl! <3

ohnok
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohnok »

effervescence wrote:I'm glad it went better than you imagined. Chinup girl! <3
Thanks, love. <3

Return to “Sexual Health”